Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Temperate Theater
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [285 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no words to describe it...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That good?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo do know your gonna go to hell for this?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

A mix of old and new:

(These cliffs will be changed with our own concrete cliff style)

I cant' take all the credit of course, a huge thanks to Droke for many new textures and styles, and of course some of the older Debris work was thanks to some of the TI originals (Vefbl4 and DarkRose) and of course the meteor set was done by good old DarkRose too.

Last edited by Aro on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I print it and hang on my wall? #Tongue

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really, what do I need to say?

Totally awesome work Aro, you've outdone yourself.

Was that it? #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe the shadow seems too strong on those hills. Also, doesnt it look weird if anyting goes over it but doesnt get any higher/lower? #Tongue (Mainly talking about the bottom-middle and top second from left)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Really, what do I need to say?

Totally awesome work Aro, you've outdone yourself.

Was that it?

LOL. Thanks. But as I said, I can't take all the credit, Droke deserves a big thumbs up too.

Quote:
Maybe the shadow seems too strong on those hills. Also, doesnt it look weird if anyting goes over it but doesnt get any higher/lower? #Tongue (Mainly talking about the bottom-middle and top second from left)

Some of them are not passible, only particular areas of the tiles are. I've been meaning to fix that darkness issue, I've just been all over the place. With over 1000 TMP's to place, it's hard to stay organized. #Tongue

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Also, doesnt it look weird if anyting goes over it but doesnt get any higher/lower? #Tongue (Mainly talking about the bottom-middle and top second from left)

Could you drive over rocks in TS to? The "pits" are probably overlays like rocks to.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Just a few additions. Ditches, Jagged ground etc.

This beats TS 10-0 in post-apocalypticness.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very very nice work i see here #Tongue

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
-Image-

I haven't seen this one before Neutral

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That b b cuz they r noo! Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
That b b cuz they r noo! Smile

Can that be translated as "That is because they are new"? #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought quoting pictures was prohibited Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's just one thing that keeps this terrain from reaching epicness: meteor trails. They need to be at least three times as long as they are now. Make them as seperate tiles if you must.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or make them as "extension" tiles (where the original works on its own, but extra trails can be added over the top, making it longer). Personally I think they're fine as is.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if something that big hit the earth going as fast as most meteoroids do, then there would be a huge ztyping crater and everything within a large radius of ground zero would be fucked up. I think you would need more than a crash trail.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That in the screenshot is NOT a meteor its a craft which is actually possible of slowing down at impact . . maybe thats why theres not so much of a crater, as for the trail something may be done about it but theres other things to worry about.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those vines REALLY look like they can crawl out of their...well...holes now. #Tongue Also, nice rocks. Tiberium tree-esque?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn bastardish Thorn veins #Mad

Well done! Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wink

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wooooo Donut store
Donuts Donuts Donuts Donuts

Very Happy

Very good picture that Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks so... peaceful. Now let's ruin it with some Tiberium meteors #Tongue

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I would try a grass variant that's more yellow-ish. Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never cried tears of joy over terrain before. This is freakin beautiful

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick! Scoop up the tears! They cure cancer!

MT wrote:
You are so worthless, not even Tiberium can grow on you.

T0X1C
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isnt that chuck norris's tears?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That terrain is pretty snazzy.
TBH it makes me kinda jealous.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Quick! Scoop up the tears! They cure cancer!

Quote:
isnt that chuck norris's tears?

You'll both have tears running down your face if you go off topic again.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did my suggestion get ignored? Confused

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hmm, I would try a grass variant that's more yellow-ish.

1) I agree
2) Yes, Crash, you're being ignored Confused .

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hmm, I would try a grass variant that's more yellow-ish.

The green grass stays the way it is (Apart from maybe a better fix). A new dead grass LAT could always be made though.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The green grass stays the way it is (Apart from maybe a better fix). A new dead grass LAT could always be made though.

Well, I'm not talking about dead grass, I am more talking about grass in dry weather. You see, grass isn't green like that in dry and warm places.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then I'm afraid I have to disappoint you, cause the grass stays the way it is.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to agree Crash.
A bit more yellowish or brighter grass would also give a higher contrast to the trees, which are hard to make out if they stand on the grass.

so it would fix 2 problems at once, the grass fits better to the dry terrain and the trees stand out more.

But if you plan to do a dead grass anyway, i would suggest keeping the current grass and make the dead grass close to the suggested way.

btw, grass shores would be cool too Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I like the grass.

grass shores would be a pain though, because they wouldn't automatically blend into the LAT. The less instances of that, the better.
It gets PAINFUL for us mappers to place manual LAT edges on stuff!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno I got used to doing it with pavement. Grass shores is quite a nice idea. It might look cool with reeds etc.

And yeah I like the grass...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The grass is nice, but it doesn't look right.
If you're going to do a terrifying post-apocalyptic world with the breakdown of society and the fall of world government, then at least the ground can be a little less green. The rest of the picture is dusty, drab, depressing, with happy green grass making strange little waves in it.
Please make the grass a little, tiny bit less well watered.
Or is it raining only on those spots?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
well, I like the grass.

grass shores would be a pain though, because they wouldn't automatically blend into the LAT. The less instances of that, the better.
It gets PAINFUL for us mappers to place manual LAT edges on stuff!

Can't you make a new grass LAT that looks exactly like the other grass, but which would connect with the new grassy shore? Similar to the manner TX made it's new paved cliffs connect to the pavement LAT.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
The grass is nice, but it doesn't look right.

Well it is just after TD... The grass is kinda like a homage. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The grass we have in the current images is not going to be changed but a new set may be made.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's just something about that pavement that's bugging me. Can't quite place what it is but yea.... Confused
As for the terrain as a whole.....nice!

I think I may have a suggestion but I'm gonna have to think it through fully before actually posting it otherwise it might be a bit confusing on just what I mean.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The concrete should have less dark spots. Confused
For the rest it looks very nice. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The pavement isn't going to be changed again either (when I say that, I mean entirely, a tile or two out of the set may be edited).

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If that picture became any more depressing I'd commit suicide from looking at it. Good work.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Godofgamers wrote:
If that picture became any more depressing I'd commit suicide from looking at it. Good work.
Hides all the pics of my life

Team Black wrote:
I've never cried tears of joy over terrain before. This is freakin beautiful
i agree with team black

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [285 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon