Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
'Negotiator' Class Aircraft Carrier
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject:  'Negotiator' Class Aircraft Carrier
Subject description: It's here to "negotiate" a treaty with your tanks. And when I say negotiate, I mean BLOW UP.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update, people, update!

SSIA Aircraft Carrier:
Cost: 6000
Armor: Ship
Speed: Very Slow
Weapon: 8 'Maverick' Class Interceptors
Range: Incredibly Extreme

SSIA Interceptor:
Armor: Light Aircraft
Speed: Very Fast
Weapon: 80mm Rockets
Range: Medium

The SSIA Aircraft Carrier, class 'Negotiator', is the flagship of the SSIA naval branch. Designed following the time-transfers, the Aircraft Carrier is the supreme representative of SSIA firepower on the high-seas, and is designed for blue-water combat and CAS (close air support) for friendly ground units.

The SSIA Aircraft Carrier is powered by 3 minor nuclear reactors, each roughly with four times the output of the engine used by the Juggernaut Tank. Awhile this is indefinitely powerful for a land vehicle, (capable of moving the bulk of the Juggernaut in excess of 90 MPH), the bulky Aircraft Carrier's lack of mobility in all respects shows for this very reason. Some argue this lack of mobility isn't due to the engine, but rather due to the admirals who would be commanding them, who demanded that the ship be capable of withstanding a pounding that would sink an entire armada of Battlecruisers. Those on the other side of argument contend that this incredibly heavy armor makes up for the lack of mobility several times over.

However, it is not the armor of the 'Negotiator' class Carrier that is most important. Of course, it is the large air attack wing hidden, maintained, supplied and manufactured inside the ship. Launched in sorties of 8, the 'Maverick' class Interceptor is a truly a force to be reckoned with. Based off of a paradoxical(see below) fighter-bomber, the Maverick's design is fairly advanced, but simple and straightforward enough for mass production.

Nicknamed 'Maverick' for the rather daring AI that controls the small fighter-bomber drones, the Interceptor will boldly attack any target the FCMs give them, firing off salvos of 80mm anti-armor rockets. Awhile the effect these rockets have on fortified positions and buildings is lackluster, the sheer volume of planes and rockets being fired guarantees near instant destruction for any vehicle unfortunate enough to be targeted by the drone AI.

The system is not without its flaws, as is any such advanced technology. Destroyed interceptors take time for the Carrier's factory systems to replace, as does the cyclic launch-reload device that largely governs the operations of the Carriers. Accidents are not uncommon, where the interceptors take off and land out of sync, resulting in crashes, jamming of the cyclic device and perhaps most rarely and worse- chain explosions that result in the loss of the ship.

Furthermore, and perhaps most important to note- the Maverick Interceptor will never target anything that gets too close to its parent vessel; this is a deliberate failsafe to ensure that treachery, sabotage and unauthorized scuttling does not happen.

Sidenote: This plane prototype, within this timeline, was invented after the events of Star Strike. The design was one of many brought back to the past by the SSIA during their escape (or the Time Transfers); during the time before the invasion, they began implementing plans for its mass production.

Voxel Notes: The plane is just the "turret" voxel, for better perspective. Ingames will follow soon, lets hope the...lines are less pronounced ingame.

If anyone could manually kill those buggers for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Wink
Just contact me on MSN.

And as a random shout-out: A big thank-you to Banshee for moving my mod up to the RA2 Projects section! Very Happy

Last edited by EVA-251 on Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, so does that mean that the ship on the right of that image works like the RA2 Destroyer and its Osprey?

Anywho, I like them both. Although that right one looks very, very similar to the original RA2 carrier.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It...doesn't need any words to describe it's...beauty.

Though which carrier is the one we're gonna use in-game #Tongue

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Right, so does that mean that the ship on the right of that image works like the RA2 Destroyer and its Osprey?

Anywho, I like them both. Although that right one looks very, very similar to the original RA2 carrier.

No, the plane was added just to show the relation between it and the parent ship.
The right ship however, is the old one, and yes, it is the old RA2 Carrier.

Destiny wrote:
It...doesn't need any words to describe it's...beauty.

Though which carrier is the one we're gonna use in-game #Tongue

Thanks!

The one on the left is always the new one, the one on the right is always the old one. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job on this, EVA

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ingaem plz

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool. It be awesome if you could combine the osprey code and the carrier code. The first plane out of 7 has the docking animation, the rest of them occupy the carrier.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I have updated the main post with the ingame.

I will try to update it some time in the future with an improved, more detailed version.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like a good size. How does it scale with infantry, and buildings?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like a rectangular block of metal though #Tongue Needs a little more...curves.

Also, tail-less jet #Tongue

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is one spectacular ship.(I'm back from a month of being on ship myself, just for a week unfortunately.)

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. (Really? What kind of ship?)

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool #Tongue much better than the original.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty massive. Twisted Evil

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
It looks like a rectangular block of metal though #Tongue Needs a little more...curves.

Also, tail-less jet #Tongue

Well, admittedly I was not entirely impressed with the visual appearance of the ship at first, but I am not going to let that hold up an in-game preview shot for you guys.

When I was making it, I did notice it to be a bit...boxy, but mostly from the Top-down view, the hull is actually rather curvy, but is almost totally obscured by the flight deck #Tongue

You can expect a more detailed version of the ship some time in the near future.

Yurisarmy wrote:
That is one spectacular ship.(I'm back from a month of being on ship myself, just for a week unfortunately.)

Yo, and thanks! Very Happy

partyzanPaulZy wrote:
Pretty massive. Twisted Evil

Seriously. It is 165 units long, and is the largest voxel I have ever made from the ground-up by far. :p

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Seems like a good size. How does it scale with infantry, and buildings?

Its bigger than some buildings. XD

As for infantry, well, its a different story. I don't see infantry scale as being important.
I want infantry to be as useful as possible, so that means they are big and easy to see and select. Making them smaller just adds moments of frustration where you can't find your infantry in the heat of battle as they get obscured by everything around them. Confused

But to answer your question, not much has changed from RA2 in this respect. (I am considering scaling my infantry down to TS size, to simplify pixel editing them)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks excellent. Good work.

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update as promised.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks much better. The bridge's top is still kinda empty though. I know you said they won't need antennas in the future last year, but still...

...can we has a radar dish/antennas on it? #Tongue

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Looks much better. The bridge's top is still kinda empty though. I know you said they won't need antennas in the future last year, but still...

...can we has a radar dish/antennas on it? #Tongue

There are antennas on the ship, 5 to be exact, 2 on top of the bridge. #Tongue

But sure, I'll see about adding some additional detail to the top of the bridge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon