Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Red Alert 3 Tanks
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Should Ra3 Tanks be Tier 1 or Tier 2?
Tier 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tier 2
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
ALL main battle tanks from ALL factions should be Tier 2
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject:  The Red Alert 3 Tanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the tanks in red alert 3 were made to be tier 2 instead of immediatly being available to be built to cut down on tank spam. However, when compared to the other factions whose tanks are immediatly available, this can pose a potentially large unbalance. So, should I change it for the sake of balance, or leave it be? Or should the Ra3 Tanks be buffed so that they are worth the tier 2 position? They already get pretty cool secondary abilities, such as the laser pointer, so maybe thier position is justified. Your thoughts?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Leave them, they've all already got plenty of AT anyways. Also the RA3 tanks afe far more powerful, for instance the Allied Guardian tank (Allies usually being the weaker/faster side) costs 950 and is only slightly worrse than the 1050 soviet Hammer. The Japs are a weirdo side anyways so I think they should be able to halndle tanks not being in the normal Tier 1 slot.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The special abilities of the Hammer Tank and Guardian more than justify their placement as T2. The capabilities of RA3 T1 Anti-Tank infantry should make up for the lack of T1 tanks.

The Tsunami Tank is another story, but I guess the fact that the Tsunami has the highest damage per second of any T2 RA3 tank and has amphibious capabilities justifies the lack of a good secondary.

Hammer DPS = 35
Guardian DPS = 30
Tsunami DPS = 40

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DPS misleading sometimes, not a bad point. In groups of 4+ the guardian's DPS is less meaningful thanks to double damage laser pointers #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and it's even more meaningless when I am the coder Twisted Evil

I am like the architech from the matrix. muhahaha

anyways, Japan may have the weakest of the tanks, but they have the tengu, which is like an airplane too, so they get to have that unit early. The allies have the laser pointer, which is really useful (the Americans had the avenger, and that cost like 1500). Another posibility is that you could get the tanks at T1, and purchase the upgrades at T2, but I don't really like that idea, since I'm not really pro-purchasable upgrades.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not see a point in making the more powerful RA3 MBT's tech one, if you need them you'll rush for them anyways. I personally in RA3 build my War Factory rather late so I don't really care, with Generals it's the same thing. By the way, if the ZH coding is how it seems, then the Guardian Tank Laser effect will be the same as in RA3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon