Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
Nebie Giude
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject:  Nebie Giude Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where is the newbie guide ?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, right there. Although i noticed I accidentally named it the "Newbie Mod to Modding". Anyways, I leave this thread be until the original poster has had time to see the link, and then I think it would be safe to delete this thread.

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks you all but I still dont underestand :S

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Click on the word "*SIgh*" in Dutchygamer's post...
It'll take you to this url (Click on this and you'll get the same info, on the same page):
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22785
The Newbie Mod to Guiding. Or something like that.

EDIT: OH! Right, I see where you're headed Embarassed

Last edited by Orac on Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Click on the word "*SIgh*" in Dutchygamer's post...
It'll take you to this url (Click on this and you'll get the same info, on the same page):
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22785
The Newbie Mod to Guiding. Or something like that.

That I understand I'm just dont understand the whole DATA things.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, you know nothing about modding then, right?

I think the best thing you can do right now is start making maps with the WorldBuilder. This way, you will get a good understanding of some of the stuff ingame, like the naming system and a few other things.

The next step, would be to download XCC Mixer, and start looking through The Zero Hour files. This will give you another understanding of the game, including what parts comes together to make the game, where things are loacated, and just a general feel of the hierarchy.

Once you have become acquanted with the Zero Hour (or Generals) Directory (aka the folder where all the stuff is), then come back here and read a few tutorials. The tutorials are all in a list, I suggest you do them in that order.

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know to mod TS you know....and about the maps : i know to desighn but the AI dont responding when i play the map I built ...I would like learn Scripting

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon