Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Bullfrog
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject:  The Bullfrog Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking about this, and I stated some ideas in another thread.

Perhaps the recreation of this can be done in several steps, so that different levels of recreation can be established (rather than an all or nothing sort of deal).

Step 1: The weapon
My first theory and step is to create a weapon that is a sort of artillery to give the bullfrog. The weapon would have to be selected and individually fired fromt he command bar, and it would have range, and an arcing projectile trajectory. Pephaps this weapon could be like the tomahawk missile launcher, and spawn a missile that flies towards the target of where the user has fired. Now, give the missile the animation of an infantry, and we're at a comical recreation point!

Step 2: The missile
So we have our missile. We aim it and it is fired out. Now, what if this missile had a life span, or some other mechanism that would cause it to die mid flight? The would allow me to use the logic that is already used whenever a helicopter dies and a pilot parachutes down. The missile dies mid air, and spawns an infantry which is parachuted down. Now, thats a pretty darn close recreation expect a few things:
1) Using a life span module on the missile will cause the paratrooper to land in different places depending on where it was aimed. IE it might halfway when aimed for maximum range or right ontop of the bullfrog for close range
2) We would essentially be spawning free units at this point.
3) We could only have 1 type of infantry.
So maybe it's not an exact recreation, but rather a mobile barracks than can shoot guys out.

Step 3: Dealing with infantry entering
So maybe we want to make the bullfrog more of a transport. We could have sme modules that kill a passenger whenever the weapon is fired I suppose, but it would be cheap to lose Natasha to have a conscript comeout. And maybe have a passenger be present in order to fire the weapon? Another thought that comes to mind it some IFV logic, or combat bike logic rather. Perhaps the weapon, and thus the unit spawned, could be changed depending on what infantry is inside?
If I could pull all of this off, the only thing I couldn't account for would be veterancy.

So you have an infantry enter the bullfrog.
The bullfrog now has access to a specific weapon
You fire the weapon which spawns a missle
-the infantry inside is killed
-the missile looks like said infantry
The missile dies in mid air
an infantry unit is spawned and parachutes down

any comments?

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! Holy crap. That's my response... No, really. Do local variables work in YR? Because, if they do, you might be able to save the infantry and their health and veterancy as a local and have the spawned unit read those locals and generate identical values. Oh, and also you would have to save the % of which they have killed of their 300% cost to gain the next veterancy. Otherwise, you would be earasing that, and units would be reset to 0% of their kill quota.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK, this is still Generals.
Interesting, I'd like to see it fully tested rather than theory.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, this is Generals: Zero Hour, not YR. Sorry to get you excitied.

As for the testing, Friday. This is just some putter I din inbetweeen studying for my finals.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not possible iirc. Try and hope JJ comes along and answers this one #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, my method is less of the bullfrog, and more of a barracks that shoots infantry out, that parachute to the ground.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about a rechargable upgrade for the building which would allow for bullfrog to spawn infantry. Obviously, if it would cost money as well, it wouldn't be spamed.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you know, depending on how much I want to code it, I could have the bullfrog have several different weapons and each one could fire a different infantry, and each would cost so much to fire.

I got the idea for this when I heard about someone modding the nuke artillery to shoot out terrorists, and I was like "Hey! Man Cannon!"

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People tried making an airborne infantry transport that can paradrop its payload of infantry, but to no avail. You just can't relate the infantry transported inside to a weapon.

Contra did a workaround by making the paradrop plane have a weapon that spawns the infantry. This isn't a good technique as it gives you free infantry, not to mention that you can't affect the infantry spawned with the infantry transported inside.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you change the exit method to make infantry inside be launched rather than just ejected.

As for the Century bomber, that might be done with civilian aircraft and using paradrop logic.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just toying with this idea-

I have already demostrated that a unit can 'shoot' units out like I did with the chrono tank and sickle. I just have to change it so that it's weapon changes depedning upon the infantry inside of it, which I guess would be rider logic. So, a conscript jumps in and it becomes the conscript bullfrog, and it shoots out a conscript. I would have to figure out 1) How to have the conscript inside get killed when it shoots out the conscript and 2)How the heck to make it deal with 5 infantry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon