Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
some ideas
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [132 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
is possible to add Kodiak for GDI and Salamander for Nod?

they both is my favorite unit in c&c4 :p

Gah no more units.

The white lady~!

Mikeboy
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the shockwave grenades upgrade should affect Disc Throwers too, afterall their main weapon is grenades. Also it'd make them of more use later in game.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...you do know the differences between a rocket-propelled grenade and a handheld grenade...right? #Tongue Just saying, but affecting them would be pretty cool too.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
is possible to add Kodiak for GDI and Salamander for Nod?

Salamander absolutely not! Its CnC4 unit and such big ship do not fit to Nod at first place.

With Kodiak Im not so resolute. But now i mean original Tiberian Sun Kodiak not his Cnc4 incarnation which is also not so bad looking unit, but reminds me starwars too much. Maybe there is little room for a special unit such as Kodiak, but this depends on its abilities and role in game, it needs to be carefully tested. I like the idea to have original kodiak in my mod but i also do not want to over do it.

Mikeboy wrote:
I think the shockwave grenades upgrade should affect Disc Throwers too, afterall their main weapon is grenades. Also it'd make them of more use later in game.

Im not sure about this, maybe i will give it try, but im fine with disc throwers like they are now, they have clear role in this game now anti-garrison, anti-infantry, anti-structure, so they dont need to be anti-vehicle too and T3 anti-vehicle infantry is zonetroopers

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I really want to see is the Tiberian Fiend.
I remember seeing somewhere (maybe in the game manual of TS or Firestorm) some were tamed or reacting like dogs to people they liked,something like that,so maybe it could be obtained at mutant hovel as recruit even if it's a tiberium creature
And since we are talking about things that were "maps specials items" (I'm thinking of the kodiak of TS),will there be some not buildable special units and buildings for map makers (for scenario,or even campaigns) and what kind? Umagaan (mutant girl of TS) the epic wild beast...just joking

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't the Kodiak (or Kodiak-shaped aircraft) be included as the Dropship used to drop off the MMK2?

Last edited by Orac on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now now, you're kidding right Orac? #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I'm serious. The Kodiak can serve no logical purpose as a unit, but in the FS intro it is used as a transport for some very important cargo, it is huge, and would look shiny.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Kodiak is a command and logisitics ship. In FS it was carrying the Tactius which is a data archive, it is not a transport.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
The Kodiak is a command and logisitics ship. In FS it was carrying the Tactius which is a data archive, it is not a transport.

I was never sure about that one. The shipping crates shown in the FMV and the dialogue about Kane's archives, etc. makes it seem to me that not only the Tacitus was being transported, but also all of the Pyramid's database and technology. But as far as I can tell it is open to interpretation. I know that the comms speak in the FS intro cinematic referred to the Kodiak as a transport.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I assume it does have a cargo hold but it isn't a vehicle or personnel transport. Yeah, on second thought, I think it was Kane's archives including the Tacitus.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually Kodiak can transport several units including MCV and titans as we seen in TS GDI mission where is Kodiak grounded with ion strom, we got MCV 2 titans and several infantry, obviously these units came from kodiak hence there was no other dropship involved. So kodiak can serve as dropship too, but that doesnt mean i will do that this way and whole appearance of kodiak in my mod depends on how it affect gameplay, so maybe i will not add kodiak at all.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That'll be a shame really, because you want to realize your dream of the Kodiak.

Because of it being a command vessel and such, maybe it has quite a decent sight range, and it provides radar (Codeable?) or stealth detection, repairs things near it...maybe a transport slot. Or acts as a flying Outpost, providing ground control (Land, ability and it's counterpart, takeoff)...

It has some pretty powerful engines too...but you wouldn't wanna see a giant ship zooming around your base faster than an Attack Bike could, do you? (Well that was in orbit...but maybe a 'maximum thrust' ability to run away from that encroaching Assault Mothership, haha.)

Well for weapons...it's certainly not NOT a mothership...I doubt Westwood has deemed it to be armed in the first place. If I were McNeil I'd arm it with a couple of missile pods or four. Maybe some MGs as holy_master suggested.

Agamemnonjr
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed with Destiny.
There are my ideas about Kodiak
1. Strong AA weapon (rails and miniguns)
2. It can transport Mammoth MK2 .Other factions can recycle their epics immediately (subterranean and portal).
3. Stratosphere (stratofighter) booster. Maybe make it unavailable while transporting mk2 and long reload time.
4. Ability to open the whole map for 5-7 sec. Logistic vessel remember?
5. Deploy ability - land and provide repair drones and build radius.
6. Ability to Lunch infantry pods (1-3) with riflemen, missilemen and discthrowers.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO, I'll disagree with everything but 5, but I'm not Carnius so.

1. Kodiak is a command vessel (IDK what Carnius wants to do with it actually), giving it strong AA is not good.

2. It may be able to transport MCVs and such but a command vessel transporting a...sigh...[insert sentence here].

3. ...do I even have to explain?

4. Logistic vessels can scan entire battlefields. Yeah. Logistic vessels, haha.

6. There's a reason why GDI Airborne and Spotter Team abilities are there. And your barracks.

...I really wonder where Drop Pods come from now since the Philadelphia was nuked. Other space stations maybe.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ability to Lunch infantry

Sorry, that typo is just too hilarious Laughing

-=CHAOS=-
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soo... i hope the mutants coming back... i like to see the old visiroids *from ts that could kills an antire base*, the tibirian friend, the tib floater and this tiberian veinhole monster... and maybe some flying mutan insects.
of course mutant plantz for the old cnc feeling.

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:
Actually Kodiak can transport several units including MCV and titans as we seen in TS GDI mission where is Kodiak grounded with ion strom, we got MCV 2 titans and several infantry, obviously these units came from kodiak hence there was no other dropship involved. So kodiak can serve as dropship too, but that doesnt mean i will do that this way and whole appearance of kodiak in my mod depends on how it affect gameplay, so maybe i will not add kodiak at all.

Thats true, because the kodiak shouldn't end up in a kind of dropship...

Instead of including more units, i would depend to clear unused units, or not really good fitting units i should rather say.
In my mind there are enough units, because i've been playing TE from 1.0 up to now, and its a grat mod, but of course too much units.

Another thing is the balance, because nod now is underbalenced, GDI and Scrin have epics, but nod have only the advantage of many units...
I don't want to say give NOD an epic, it would be the easiest way to balance, but i say no to any new units, until some units are deleted.

Here my idea:
To handle the amount of units better, i would suggest to insert a new buillding, a warfactory or a portal, or somthing, to split the units into two halfs.
Use the techlevel to decide, the buggy, attack Bike, Subt. APC... are light tanks so they could be built in a light warfactory.
The Avatar, Cobra... are heavy thech units... so they could be built in the standard warfactory.

Do it like you did with the cyborgs e.g.

the same is for GDI and Scrin: just insert a new building, Carnius you can have concepts from me if you want, and split the units up into more buildpages. That would allow to insert units, or to reorder the amount of units.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------> Tacitus

crj400
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Mutants Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do agree with what has been said before, maybe tiberium fiends/floaters/veinholes etc could be added on some maps as "neutral units" that attack everyone, or maybe the forgotten have "domesticated" them, and they could be built from the forgotten hovel. Just an idea, but it might be interesting to play with.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does remind me though, you hear 'unit lost' when you spawn visceroids via killing enemy infantry with the Defiler.

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote wrote:

Make the Signature Generator of Venoms an passive ability that is activated after purchase of upgrade,not active ability just make it passive&give the upgrade an cost around 1500 or so.
Remodelling of Nod's Commando,how does she survive in Redzones with no proper protection ? And why must this unit be a 'she' at all!

Carnius,have you thought about these?

And had some ideas again:
-An upgrade for Venom:"Rocket Pods" After purchase of upgrade Venoms gain an second Rocket weapon but this weapon will work similar to Mammoth Tusk also reload seperate(slowly) from the main weapon.Can fire both to air and ground.
-Vertigo Bomber really should have an second ammo type similar to Orca Bomber's EMP Loadout.My proposal for this second ammo is Napalm Loadout that deals Damage over time to afflicted structure rendering it slow- or un- repairable.Will be able to clear garrisoned bunkers with that too.

Suggestions:
-Laser Turret must benefit from "Laser Capacitors".But in a different way:Decreasing weapon reload time or just damage increase.I'm serious about this.
-Buggy didnt fire to Air in TS and nobody can complain about that.Buggy should not fire to Air.Nodmot,Rocketeers,Stealth Tanks,upgraded avatars can deal with Air units already mean Nod loses nothing with making Buggy fire to land only.

And want to say:Ive seen an discussion about swapping Laser and Particle Beams on TE's Moddb page.Want to let you know that this will appeal inacceptable because lasers have ever been considered as Cannon's superior technology back from TD times.If you change lasers just think what will the Obelisk became,"Obelisk of Particle's" ?! Such comedia Laughing

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eagle 11 wrote:
An upgrade for Venom:"Rocket Pods" After purchase of upgrade Venoms gain an second Rocket weapon but this weapon will work similar to Mammoth Tusk also reload seperate(slowly) from the main weapon.Can fire both to air and ground.
-Vertigo Bomber really should have an second ammo type similar to Orca Bomber's EMP Loadout.My proposal for this second ammo is Napalm Loadout that deals Damage over time to afflicted structure rendering it slow- or un- repairable.Will be able to clear garrisoned bunkers with that too.

I have one problem with your venom idea, venom+missiles = orca, i know she cant attack air with missiles and minigun is upgrade, but still it would be too similar. Current venom ability is lame and i want to replace it for something more useful but not missiles.

I´ev tested something like napalm bombs already, but i did not finished it because of some troubles in code, but maybe i will return to it.

Eagle 11 wrote:
-Laser Turret must benefit from "Laser Capacitors".But in a different way:Decreasing weapon reload time or just damage increase.I'm serious about this.
-Buggy didnt fire to Air in TS and nobody can complain about that.Buggy should not fire to Air.Nodmot,Rocketeers,Stealth Tanks,upgraded avatars can deal with Air units already mean Nod loses nothing with making Buggy fire to land only.

Agree with laser turret, i will do something about that, but not sure about buggy. Nod is somewhat weak vs air on T2, bikes is not so tough as buggies so it might weaker nod if i denied buggies attack air.

Eagle11 wrote:
And want to say:Ive seen an discussion about swapping Laser and Particle Beams on TE's Moddb page.Want to let you know that this will appeal inacceptable because lasers have ever been considered as Cannon's superior technology back from TD times.If you change lasers just think what will the Obelisk became,"Obelisk of Particle's" ?! Such comedia

Good point Very Happy But dont worry, i have come to similar conclusion, which means lasers stay where they are now Wink.

lawrencez
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mikeboy wrote:

Can we change to another weapons, as a main weapon other than grenades?

Valherran
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is some random stuff:

1. Nod needs the Obelisk of Darkness, their SAM sites suck...(and no one say just camp 500 rocket squads in your base because I want reliable base defense not units in my base. Confused )

2. Obelisks and Laser turrets should get an upgrade

3. Make Kodiak available to build and make it a flying transport that can transport Mammoth Mk. II and arm it with anti air weapons only. Also give it the ability to deploy like it was a surveyor with a large radius. Build limit of 1, make it EXPENSIVE and give it a speed count of Mammoth Mk. II's walk speed, this can be fair. Wink

4. Replace Venom Signature Generator with a temporary cloak ability (Think of the Wraiths from StarCraft)

5. Give Disk Throwers an upgrade to do extra damage to armored units and structures.

6. Give Scrin Stalwarts a reflective shield ability that lasts 10 seconds with a 30 second cooldown.

7. Give Nod Black Hand Squads an upgrade to make them not able to be ran over by small tracked/walker units.

8. Give Nod Cyborg Reapers Anti-Air capability with their cannons.

9. Give all Scrin Infantry a range upgrade.

10. Give Scrin Defilers a Corrosive suicide ability that greatly damages everything it hits.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well units should always be your primary defence IMO. If defences can stand alone then theyre too powerful.

Also the Kodiak should never be put ingame... its just silly.

Valherran
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree but I have been having this issue where my base defense is getting easily overpowered by units than in standard C&C 3. Usualy happens when i send out an attack and all of a sudden half my base is missing. Crying or Very sad

Kodiak isn't that important to me but everything else is. Wink

Phoenix848
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding the supersonic fighter a page or 2 back, I like the idea, but as others have said before, I don't like the idea of adding new units. So I think I came up with something that would fill the role of gettting past enemy deffenses without stratofighter (more for the protection of the unit, which is the GDI way), and add no units. Smile

1. Give the firehawk an upgrade to combine both loadouts (is it codeable to get rid of the buttons that say bomb loadout and missile loadout?)
2. Give the firehawk an upgrade that gives it the stratofighter ability and lets it have a supersonic loadout that's weaker.

EDIT: I forgot to say that when it's in supersonic mode, it should have a certain % chance for a rocket to miss, like with the storm column.

If it isn't codeable to do that, you can just have the combined loadout from the start. Then you can separate the Stratofighter and supersonic upgrades, too.

On a side note, maybe it's just me, but I don't like the firehawk model. The backwards wings and odd shape to it just bug me. But again, it could only be me.

Phoenix848
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, I just reread my post, and thought I did a rather bad job of explaining.

All I'm trying to do is, through upgrades, change the loadouts from bombs or missiles to normal or supersonic. Because of the lack of tabs (for abilities and loadouts) and upgrades you can add to the firehawk, it's easiest to combine the loadouts. And hey, it's not the worst idea, because aircraft are a larger (and stronger) part of TE than they were in TW.

These are just examples to show the difference between normal and supersonic modes. I know I suck at balance, so maybe someone can help me out with it, if it needs adjusting.

Normal Mode:
5 AA Missiles
2 Anti-Ground Bombs
Stratofighter

Supersonic Mode:
3 AA Missiles
1 Anti-Ground Bomb (Cruise Missile maybe? It would do the same thing as the bomb, but the plane wouldn't need to get as close.)
2x Normal Speed
40% Of Rockets Miss
Stratofighter

Last edited by Phoenix848 on Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valherran wrote:

1. Nod needs the Obelisk of Darkness, their SAM sites suck...(and no one say just camp 500 rocket squads in your base because I want reliable base defense not units in my base. Confused )

The Nod air defense is strong enough(especially after upgraded with Tiberium)

Valherran wrote:

4. Replace Venom Signature Generator with a temporary cloak ability

I was about to propose that too ^^
And some other ideas for replacing Venom ability
1-An upgrade that will work as an secondary weapon similar to Paladin Tanks laser in Generals that shot down incoming missiles(Or something that works as the Chinese ECM Tank's weapon,in function theyre nearly the same)
2-Give them an Suicide ability,became only usable when health is under 25% after upgrade.For that the ability must worth itself acquiring it will cause moderate damage which will lead to misuse of this ability by experienced players who damage their own Venoms with friendly fire and get those crash at vital structures whilst their main force of Venoms struggle the air defenses.ehrmm.. Actually thats not an misuse is it ?! But this can be too powerful on an air unit so what about give that "suicide dive" to Nodmots instead Venoms,for Mots are small,one will cause little damage and will need an Horde of them to damage a building well.Against the Mammoth hordes of GDI this can be very useful due to Mot's high speed.
3-As an Turbo mode:When activated moves at high speed(but its already fast enogh)but loses weaponry(cos it diverts the power for weapons into engines in this mode)
I have an suggestion:
Give the Nod Fanatic squad an button in the interface so i can say "blow yourself up guys".I want the button cause they get crashed under tank palets nonetheless i have set them to aggresive stance and used attack move and this happen without causing any damage usually.I want to be able to order suicide when they are about to crushed.
Question:
Is it possible to make the Nod harvester harvest tiberium from front instead of its back ?

rcp90
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eagle 11 wrote:
I have an suggestion:
Give the Nod Fanatic squad an button in the interface so i can say "blow yourself up guys".I want the button cause they get crashed under tank palets nonetheless i have set them to aggresive stance and used attack move and this happen without causing any damage usually.I want to be able to order suicide when they are about to crushed.
Question:
Is it possible to make the Nod harvester harvest tiberium from front instead of its back ?

IIRC, they already have a detonate button. I'm pretty sure I had some fun with it and a large swarm of the buggers, anyway. And as for the harvester, it is possible; another mod, I forget which but I think it was Tiberium Wars Advanced, did this.

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rcp90 wrote:

IIRC, they already have a detonate button.

You remember correct,they have it already.Stress Laughing

Nod4ever
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a Suggestion for an additional Unit(Commando)

Combat Role: Scrin Secondary Commando Unit (infantry)
Sorry my english isnt the best actually to be sincere.
its also my first time on a Forum XD

Reasons for this Unit:
The Scrin are the only Race who use a few Melee Units in this Game (Melee Commando Possible).
The Master Mind(Prodigy in US) cant take a direct confrontation with enemy Commandos and Multiple Units/Towers.
To Balance it would be a Great idea to also add a "brawn" and not only a "mind" for the Scrin Infantry.
Nod is currently a bit OP with its Commando Cyborg (what i like by the way) still 1.4.
It looks like that Gdi also gets an additional Commando Unit 1.5.

Personal Reasons:
I Like the buzzers and their attacks.
I Like Urai Fens (SW:FOC) and the Blademasters(WC3) Combat Styles.

Description:
A fast and deadly melee killing "machine" that kills a whole enemy infantry group instantly
(like the buzzers) and is able to deal medium-heavy damage to vehicles and buildings.
Its Best used in an Guerilla style of combat (see Stats why)

Stats:
Strong Melee Attack (No Air Defences)
Very Low Health in comparism (but still Commando Armor)
Very Fast Health Regeneration (tiberium sanding not necessary)

Abilities:
Teleport (twice a time to do and "precision" Strike on a single unit and escape easy.

Possible Additional Abilities:
PhaseWalk: (cloaks and cannot attack or be attacked for a certain period of time)
(maybe has ability to walk through walls in order to attack a Vital Defensive Target)
Amphibic: Can "Swim or Walk or Float" over Water (telephatic abilities maybe)

Additional Ideas:
Maybe this unit can be linked with the mastermind(Prodigy) as a summon-able(spawnable) Unit.
As one of his Abilities.
Through its Low health its Forced to Eliminate only a few or very Strong Targets.
I could cause a Constant "pain" for the enemy if you can play it well (only if you use Micromanagement).

My own Imagination on its looks:
Like a Glowing (playercolor) tall and thin demon like Looking Creature and usig "Long Claws" for its
Melee Attacks.Basic Humanoid in shape but covered in Scales and having a "Raptor" like Appearance.
Genetically and Kaybernetically altered to be a perfect Assasin unit.

I love to make ... pointless game statistics and balances in my free time (i have enough ideas for
like 8-12 Rts Games with complete Faction/Units/Stats lists in order to Balance them).So after thinking
what we may need... this was my idea.
On my Personal Point of View This Unit would match the Scrin and their intentions Perfectly

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [132 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon