Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
DOOM 2 Level
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject:  DOOM 2 Level
Subject description: One I just finished.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just finished this Doom level ive been working on. First one ive done. Supports potentially all difficulties (though ive never tested lower than "hurt me plenty").

To play just download the file, extract it into a blank directory and run ZDoom, selecting a new game.

File contains:
- ZDoom files.
- The level wad (including some Doom2 stuff like the textures, one level music etc.

http://omegabolt.cncguild.net/downloads/misc/DooMMap01.rar

Theres a number of secrets, see if you can find them!

CKeen666
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please save it as a PWAD next time.

Anyways, I tried the level. For a first level it's very good: the textures are aligned, there are light effects, mazes, etc. It's a good start, congratulations. Though it seems you have a lot to learn. For example, do you know how to set a new sky? (you used the texture sky3 which isn't exactly good looking on a level : P). Gameplay is a bit generic and there are too many crate rooms, and the light effects could have been made better - but hey, it's your first wad, and for a first wad it's very good. Hope to see more from you.

I'll give you a few suggestions: First, if you want to make better maps, you need to examine other wads and see how more complicated things (scripts, editing tricks) are done. You should also use the Hexen format for doom maps which is way better (supports slopes). That's how I learned to map, by looking other wads to see how to do things.

Talking about doom, you might want to try the project I'm developing. If you want, here's the link: http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=672&start=0 (I hope posting links to other forums isn't against the rules since I can't seem to find the rules page, if it is, remove it)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forgot to fix that sky... #Tongue

Well the point in the crate rooms is that its some kind of storage facility which you begin in.

If there were more levels in this "story" then it would be that your a new marine, not the same one that went into hell before, and youve woken up to find your base has been almost overrun by demons. Maybe even your on Deimos during the first invasion. There are two people on the Ultimate Doom poster. #Tongue

But yeah, this is just a first level. Personally I prefer indoor more regular levels like Doom1, rather than Doom2. The reason this is for Doom2 is because of the cool Chaingunners.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, reminds me I have some maps for Doom2 too #Tongue Never finished them though because I couldn't get them to work ingame Neutral

CKeen666
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Forgot to fix that sky... #Tongue

Well the point in the crate rooms is that its some kind of storage facility which you begin in.

If there were more levels in this "story" then it would be that your a new marine, not the same one that went into hell before, and youve woken up to find your base has been almost overrun by demons. Maybe even your on Deimos during the first invasion. There are two people on the Ultimate Doom poster. #Tongue

But yeah, this is just a first level. Personally I prefer indoor more regular levels like Doom1, rather than Doom2. The reason this is for Doom2 is because of the cool Chaingunners.

You're right, doom 1 and doom 2 levels are very different. The atmosphere is completely different. In doom 1 it was much darker and there was more suspence. Doom 2 is like, more "arcade" or something.

I'm more into the modern side of doom mapping though, for example:

http://i44.tinypic.com/r9qydg.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/6s7874.jpg

(OpenGL is neat)

Dutchygamer wrote:
Hehe, reminds me I have some maps for Doom2 too #Tongue Never finished them though because I couldn't get them to work ingame Neutral

If you want, I can try to help you out with that. What's the problem exactly?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno how to get them ingame. I have a file with a serie of maps in it, meant to be played after each other (story-based). Arf, I need to see if I even still have the file #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried making a Doom 2 map. I gave up once the entire level moved, instead of a single door. >_>

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
I tried making a Doom 2 map. I gave up once the entire level moved, instead of a single door. >_>

GG no re.

I made a few maps for Doom 1. They were admittedly stupid and going by the critiques used for Doom maps, would probably be third rate. :3

allenborder
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi to all...
I am new to this forum and also to doom 2 if you have any trick to fight with enemy easily please tall me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum