Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
my first model ^^ (blender)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

it is better to do it directly in vse or it is better to do it as a model first?
Voxel section editor
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
3d model first
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:  my first model ^^ (blender)
Subject description: hi again its me and nope theres no question, well there are maybe 3 little questions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi everyone, i looked some tutorials in youtube and a page in wikipedia (i think that was wikipedia) about blender, and i did this, a t55; please make comments and suggestions about it and please tell me how can i colour it and transform it from 3d to voxel??? and thanks ^^

mi primer render.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.41 KB
 Viewed:  6142 Time(s)

mi primer render.jpg

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the wheels look really good, and so does the front part of the tank. The treads look a bit strange from this angle, and the turret could use some work. But it's a great start.

If you want some pointers; the biggest thing to ask yourself is "what is this for?" If you are going to render it into a 2d image or convert it to a voxel, then the poly count is not too important. If you are making it for a game (like Generals) then you must work within a certain limit. Once you do that, you're golden.

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wanted to convert it to a voxel but the problem is that i donno how, should i use a converting program or something??:S

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use 3ds2Vxl program, I believe its located here at PPM

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing, especially for a first attempt at 3d modeling! Very Happy

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a great job for a first attempt and the wheels look great, however try to keep the amount of detail consistent, the wheels are quite detailed but the rest has to match. or alternatively reduce their level of detail to match the rest.

For coloring (well that depends on your Python script) but select the vertices of the area you want to texture and unwrap it using the U Key then go to the scripting screen and change it from Text editor to UV/Image editor, then open whatever texture you want and Bobs your uncle. For coloring the rest just rinse and repeat.

There is another way to texture but you will get inferior results.

Hope that helped.

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good For A First Try.
Hey Where the download?
Someone move this to the Media Hut Please

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3ds2vxl is your only bet for converting over to voxel.

And the turret could have a larger diameter, and maybe a TINY HAIR taller. It'd be superb to my own opinions then.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work for a first model.

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice kakrain, good work for a first model.

Beats my first model; it was a warped cube.

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks everyone ^^ and sorry i didnt wanted to break the rules im going to upload it now xD hey i just wanted to ask something about my model something about a problem about the textures of my tank should i post it here or make a new post?

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

srry again, xDD im such a noob,xD how can i upload a file so anyone else can download it? i wanted to upload it in the add an attachment thing but it doesnt accept .blend file and i dont think that if i upload it there it may become a downloable (srry 4 my bad english if someone understand please help me)

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put the .blend file into a folder, then compress the folder into a .zip, then attach the .zip Smile

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you ever want to mod a game other then RA2 or TS, I suggest you get the skills in 3d modeling and just convert your models to voxels.

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, thanks ^^ i dont have zip, so i added it in rar i hope there is no problem

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: tha download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the download

t55.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  t55.rar
 Filesize:  337.87 KB
 Downloaded:  233 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!