Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
More screenshots from v1.4
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject:  More screenshots from v1.4 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here we go with new bunch of screenshots.

TE_GDI_jUMPJET.jpg
 Description:
Unlike in tiberium sun these fly all the time, so they are much more like rocketeers in RA2, but they can go to low altitude and enter armory to replenish fallen squad members. They are intended to be airborne infantry, so in low altitude they got some pe
 Filesize:  93.65 KB
 Viewed:  29135 Time(s)

TE_GDI_jUMPJET.jpg

TE_epic.jpg
 Description:
Alien unique unit (epic if you wish). Its tiberium based creature armed with two tiberium beam cannons and tioxin blast cannon (corrupters weapon) It also has ability to seed tiberium.
 Filesize:  115.6 KB

TE_epic.jpg

TE_repair.jpg
 Description:
Its repair vehicle with ability to be deployed in to stealth generator and back to repair vehicle. It lost its repair ability in stealth generator mode though.
 Filesize:  158.17 KB

TE_repair.jpg

TE_ARACHNID.jpg
 Description:
Alien artillery unit. It spread tiberium ichor on greate distance, dissolving structures and turning all human infantry in to viceroids.
 Filesize:  91.83 KB

TE_ARACHNID.jpg

TE_APC.jpg
 Description:
New model for Nod Apc
 Filesize:  122.27 KB

TE_APC.jpg

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some in game screenshots.

TE_repair_ingame.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  465.62 KB
 Viewed:  29125 Time(s)

TE_repair_ingame.jpg

scrin_epic1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  270.52 KB

scrin_epic1.JPG

scrin_arachnid_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  256.14 KB

scrin_arachnid_01.jpg

nod_newapc_ingame.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  249.15 KB

nod_newapc_ingame.JPG

jumpjet_ingame.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  285.54 KB

jumpjet_ingame.jpg

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more sreenshots

epic_battle.jpg
 Description:
Mammoth MKII meet Scrin Conqueror
 Filesize:  387.28 KB
 Viewed:  29117 Time(s)

epic_battle.jpg

scrin_meteorite.jpg
 Description:
Meteorite support power in work
 Filesize:  196.98 KB

scrin_meteorite.jpg

nod_laserfence.jpg
 Description:
Laser fence walls and tiberium based weapons upgrade on shredder turret and cyborg
 Filesize:  443.61 KB

nod_laserfence.jpg

mammoth_mkII_02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.97 KB

mammoth_mkII_02.jpg

mammoth_mkII_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.04 KB

mammoth_mkII_01.jpg

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! Now I'm impressed! I really love the scrin stuff.

I cant wait for new version. Razz

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow that conqueror is HUGE, awesome I like it a lot Very Happy.

Everything looks good, can't wait to play the new version.
On a sidenote, have you considered making jumpjets act like the shadows (being able to land, and alternate between both modes)?.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amazing work, everything looks excellent (although the APC kind pales in comparison to the other unts).

Anyways, I suggest you rename the Conquered the Conquistador.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You brought back laser fences and repair vehicles dude I can't explain how happy that makes me. Very Happy

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOAH! This is truly epic.

You should totally be working for EA. xD

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit, twin chainguns for Jumpjetters #Tongue I love the Scrin stuff, good work!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, this mod is finally becoming a big mod Very Happy

Kudos to you :3

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it, cant wait for it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So much TS stuff... oh, this is great. And it looks great.

Have you checked your PM's? I could use your expertise for advice for Below The Sun.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit, I just realised, those Scrin creatures are based on Lost Planet's Akrid Very Happy

The conqueror..is Green Eye iirc xD

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty impressive stuff. Might add though that the jetpacks on the Jumpjet guys seem a little low-poly which is very conspicuous as they are closer to the camera than normal infantry.

For the arachnid, I think it may need to be renamed since it has too few legs to be a proper arachnid. Maybe something that reflects its combat role like "Defiler" due to its tiberium spreading weapon.

I'm also in favour of what machine said about Jumpjet guys having flying and walking modes.

btw I'm no C&C 3 modder so I don't know to what extent can you tweak particles but for the meteorite I'd recommend a colour transition in the smoke trail from yellow to orange to red and finally grey, that way it'll look more like something coming down from space

A better look at the colour transition of the above particle:

The white lady~!

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent quality.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! I hope you made the walls stronger too! And immune to MG fire and flames like in the older C&C games. Smile

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol they're laser fences! Bullets and flamethrower streams could probably pass through them!

Yeah I don't really like the laser fences idea tbh. Never did in TS. It always felt to me more like a flashy gimmick. At least the Firestorm System provided a force field.

The white lady~!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
Holy shit, I just realised, those Scrin creatures are based on Lost Planet's Akrid

No its not. I don´t know about Akrid until your post. I dont have x-box in possesion, so i dont know features of lost planet. I just put my imagination on loose during development and put some common insect element in to it, so did probably creators of lost planet.

Ixonoclast wrote:
Have you checked your PM's? I could use your expertise for advice for Below The Sun.

I dont have any PM´s from you.

Tore wrote:
Awesome! I hope you made the walls stronger too! And immune to MG fire and flames like in the older C&C games.

Good idea.

Valdes wrote:
lol they're laser fences! Bullets and flamethrower streams could probably pass through them!

In fact Laser fence could provide impenetrable wall for any particle. You can adjust laser emitor to fill every space in our wall section with high charged photon rays all in matter of milisecond. It can be even invisible and still 100% impenetrable and deadly for anything passing trough. But invisible laser fence will be not cool, so in game it represents several horizontal lasers. Of course it can´t be achieve with today technology, but theoretically its possible, specially in sci fi game.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm in that case why not have a red glow around the horizontal beams, that could somehow represent the high-intensity emission which constitutes a barrier. It could also look pretty cool on night maps.

Btw got pics of the Tiberium ordnance upgrades? There dont seem to be any showing their firing.

The white lady~!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow your talented. Seriously thats just... crazy. The Phantom just looks awesome.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that's really good work! Can't wait to play it! Very Happy

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's one fine game you got there. so many mods so little time.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah! I'm away for 4 days, and this has happened. This is epic Smile

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Approved

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the scrin should have some actual technology, this in reference to their Buzzer hives, I think they should have turrets of some sort.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aren't the Photon Cannon, Plasma Battery and Storm Columns technology?

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically they _are_ technology outside of the game, if you get what I mean. #Tongue The Scrins are organic...well...sorta. Drone Platform. Stormrider. MOTHERSHIP >:

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The storm column is an exact replica of a deep sea coral plant thing. It looks awful. Also, names like storm column and storm rider are too LOTR:ish

Why did EA design the Scrin so poorly?? It's ztyping fish and bees and bugs! ztyping pokemon faction!

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey at least the Scrin are alien, they're allowed to be unconventional in design. Just because it may look biological doesn't mean it IS a living thing.

I look at the Nod stuff in C&C 3 and C&C 4 and their military hardware looks like it's drawn by someone who thinks he's designing stuff for Star Wars, not a militarised faction on Earth. And the GDI stuff isn't much better, the Predator has the most retarded treads I've ever seen.

I would say the designs for the human stuff are a lot more poorer than the alien stuff. With aliens you can flex creativity to a greater extent, but I like my human stuff to look like it was designed and built by humans. The occasional alien-like design like the Banshee is ok if there's a sensible background to it, and if done in moderation but really, half of the Nod stuff in C&C 3 looks semi-alien to me. And it shows in C&C 4 too. You could colour a Nod crawler purple and it'd pass off as the uglier cousin of Halo's Scarab.

The white lady~!

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't get me started on GDI and Nod, they are on my complaint also Wink

Carnius Scrin additions look more menacing which is good.

ilic stefan
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Advice Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should just shrink phantom it looks big, even bigger than avatar. But design is very good. I also loved one thing that you brought back from ts. Invisible stealth generator. It was ussles in tiberium wars since your opponnent could see it and knew where to strike. But With invisible generator stealth is back in action. Also love the laser fence. Now if you only bring back firestorm wall and generator and hunter seeker drone I will be very happy.

Also noticed that you made just few more buildings not much like vehicles. Add some new ones like ion cannon disruption generator or some others.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ilic stefan wrote:
Add some new ones

Y'know, he really shouldn't add stuff just for the sake of adding stuff. It's not easy to make the model and code it and the last thing a modder wants to add something on impulse only to regret it later when its impossible to properly integrate into gameplay.

The white lady~!

ilic stefan
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
ilic stefan wrote:
Add some new ones

Y'know, he really shouldn't add stuff just for the sake of adding stuff. It's not easy to make the model and code it and the last thing a modder wants to add something on impulse only to regret it later when its impossible to properly integrate into gameplay.

Ok you're the boss.

Smallchange
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree though you see the Ion Cannon Disrupters in the campain but cant build them for sake of balance you could:

Give everyone: Ion Cannon Disrupter, Rift Disrupter (Cant think of a good name for this one), and Patriot Missile for Nuke...

I like the idea and you would not even have to work much at all on Ion Disruptor because it is already in game...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha, human technology isn't advanced enough to build a Rift Disruptor. GDI already has plenty of ASATs (Which are supposed to kill satellites but instead used to kill ICBMs...)

On the other hand the Jumpjetter's wings could use a bit more length, too stubby #Tongue

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No an SW-targeting prevention structure will be great addition to game,there are already one per each side present:Ion Disruptor for Nod,A-SAT for GDI and Phase-Generator for Scrin,at least i see so;as we are seeing its reasonable why theyre not in game,everyone gets a question even at thought of it,gamingly intelligent but as idea unreasonable(maybe dont so?!)

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, having a Anti-SW structure is a bad idea since they take ages to build, cost 5k, can be seen by all and have a 7-minute cooldown, plus a buildlimit of one. Unless multiple SWs are allowed, having a Anti-SW structure will break the game. But still having multiple SWs still prevents you from firing on a area with a single Anti-SW structure. Not to mention you can't stop Nukes and Rift Generators with a Ion Disruption Generator, Rifts with ASATs (Shooting down the Ion Cannon Satellite Network is bollocks, you're destroying everyone's GDI SW outright and breaking the whole concept of the Ion Cannon itself, haha.) while the Phase Generator will render the entire base almost impervious to damage by SWs AND weapons.

And oh yeah Carnius, if the Conqueror can't hit aircraft, can it get some sort of upgrade to? #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon