Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Sad Day..
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject:  Sad Day.. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, today is a sad day for me. I put my Novation Nova synthesizer up on Ebay in hopes that it will sell for around $650.

With this extra money I plan on buying a new computer. (As mine is a piece of crap right now)

It's a bummer cause I've only had this synthesizer for a little while and I worked so hard for it. However, I need a new system.

Anyways here's the specs of my old system compared to the new one I'll be getting:

My current system:

XFX 680i crap motherboard
XFX 8800GT alpha dog edition video card
Intel Core 2 duo 2.2GHZ pocessor
2GB of DDR2 RAM
140GB HD
750 Watt Ultra power supply
and a $15 case #Tongue

The new setup I want to get:

Foxconn Bloodrage GTI LGA motherboard
EVGA GTX 275 video card
Intel Core i7 920 processor
6GB Triple Channel Patriot Viper RAM
1TB or 500GB HD (Dunno what kind to get yet)
I'll be keeping the 750 PSU
and a Cool Master HAF 932 case

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man, does this mean we'll no longer hear Joshy's special soundtracks? Sad

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not necessary.He can even use his keyboard(And here I mean computer keyboard) for recording.

If he wants the sounds,he can search for VSTis(Which are instruments which can be plugged into a "mother-program" and be used to create music).

So,no,its not the Apocalypse.He will live.

"I will survive...." #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spaces between punctuations and letters, Alex, spaces.

Yarr, I'm the grammar-nazi.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a slightly better system than me, and you're complaining? Youch..

Sure, I'm noticing it starting to struggle with modern day stuff a little bit, but it surely has another year or so of life? I don't intend on doing anything to mine (apart from adding another HDD) for another 6-8 months.

What do you use it for?

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake, I like my setup, it's just this dang problem I'm having that has to do with the nvlddmkm.sys file.

My 680i motherboard has failing USB ports, the sound has a problem that if a sound is playing and pictures are moving (Youtube, scrolling on a webpage, playing a game, etc) it will crack and detune the sound.

My 8800GT has a faulty fan that remains at 20% until I go into RivaTuner and turn it to 100%. It overheats very fast. Sad

I like having 2GB of RAM, haven't had any problems with my RAM so far. I also love my processor, it's been great.

My HD is rather small, I'd like more space.

My case is well.. $15 was an awesome price, but the case is falling apart. Razz

So, I do like my setup, I'm just complaining about these problems I've been experiencing with this system since last year. I was going to send my motherboard in to have repairs done, but the warranty ended. I tried sending my video card in, but they refused and only gave me a new fan.

Quote:
What do you use it for?

Right now I use it mainly for 3d modeling, and 3d animation. I've been noticing a lot of hang ups lately (not enough RAM) for some of the projects I've been doing. I also enjoy the occasional game (Stalker, Fallout 3, etc) and I do make some music.

So I'd like to upgrade to a new computer, but I'm also just getting a new setup to be rid of these problems. I'd be fine if it lasted for another year, but these problems just keep getting worse with it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't buy a new case.

I'm actually thinking about putting a Crysis-on-Ultra-rig inside a really old plastic case...

You know, the it-used-to-be-grey-but-now-its-yellow case.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trust me, a new case does wonders for when you get new parts. A cheap 15 dollar case is just plain wrong when you consider what else he's gonna want for the system. The HAF932's style is what he wants, and it's absolutely HUGE, both inside and out. Trust me, once you work in a large case with good cable management options, you won't go back to whatever it was you had before.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Sir Modsalot - a better case with good air flow and nice roomy interior makes everything much easier.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I still like my retro-case idea.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My case sucks, but thanks to no Floppy drive and a spare cable tie I now have an extra ventilation fan! #Tongue

DoomToHel
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, Your (current) computer is better than mine, and I got mine in 2006, and until I read what the problems were, I would have said just keep it, but I see there are lots of problems with your current system.

I wouldn't mind upgrading mine either, and nothing is wrong with mine, its just really outdated, but works fine.

It was manufactured in February 2006.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye.. The problems are pretty annoying to be honest. I'd keep it if these problems never happened.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I also love my processor, it's been great.
You know a processor is awesome when it survives a fried motherboard and is the only thing apart from some crappy HDDs you willingly keep in the new Rig. Man core2Duos are good #Tongue

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy, your specs are better than mine, don't feel so bad.

I'm on a stock Acer Aspire atm, I had a decent vid card until the fan stopped working a while back.. and well it fried. the 2gb of memory i invested in is all I have to show for.. and it's lacking.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shouldn't an 8800 gt already suffice?

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trust me guys, I have no problems with my current system specs.

I have problems with how it runs, and the problems I've been having with it for over a year.

If I didn't have these problems I wouldn't be considering getting a new system.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ConMan wrote:
Shouldn't an 8800 gt already suffice?

Not with a faulty fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon