Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C 4 and CommandCOM coverage!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject:  C&C 4 and CommandCOM coverage!
Subject description: Yes, it is moddable and mappable!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! Once again, sorry for my sudden lack of news in these days. I'm actually doing something nice for this site this time. If you paid attention to our menus in the left... and in the right, they are not updated very often. If you go to the Mobile PPM Website, you'll notice that there are still several unfinished sections, but I assure you that this situation won't last long. I've been working hard to unite all news, menus and sections from both sites and whatever comes next, if anything comes next.

And while I'm not finished with that, let's talk about C&C4. There were countless articles released on online and offline magazines about the game. What matters for us is that:

C&C4 is moddable.

According to one of these sources, worldbuilder and mod SDK should be released after the game. They've used the expression 'shortly after launch', but they did the same thing with RA3 and it took over 6 months to release the mod SDK for it.

The other things you should know is that bases are now the crawler, which may be from one of the 3 classes (Offensive, Defensive and Support) and it will gain updates and new units as soon as you win battles (campaign, skirmish, online). These classes only have one shared unit: the engineer. The engineer, by the way, will be your way to get money (capturing tech buildings), since tiberium will no longer be harvestable (so, no harvesters to hunt anymore and think twice before destroying the enemy tech building, if they are still destroyable).

The destruction of all enemy crawlers does not end the game. They'll simply re-spawn a couple of seconds later (about 20) in a safe drop zone. The real objective of the game will be determined by the game mode you play. So far, we are aware of a 1 vs 1 death match and a 5 vs 5 conquer the drop zones mode.

Expect neutral structures such as tech center and missile silos.

Replays will not be battlecasted like they used to be in C&C3 and RA3.

Also, it doesn't matter if you are playing skirmish, campaign or online games, you must be online to play C&C4, due to the online progression system. This system will allow you to play with your profile at any computer that has C&C4 installed, without requiring the DVD.

If you read the articles I linked above, you'll find more information. Thank to Planet CnC for tracking them all.

And, in two days, there will be an event in Cologne, Germany called CommandCOM, where 100 avid C&C fans will be able to play C&C4 and learn more about the game, as well, as share some of it with us once the non-disclosure agreement expires. The final matches of the ladder season for KW and RA3 will also happen there. APOC has already created a blog where those who were invited to the event may blog and spoils there secrets. The event starts this friday, so many of them should flight soon to arrive there on thursday.

One of these creatures is Muldrake, who will represent us (Project Perfect Mod) in the event. Here's his first blog post there:

Muldrake wrote:
I'm Muldrake, and I'm representing PPM at the CommandCOM.

Am I'm excited? Of course I'm excited! Meeting up with the team and meeting up with other guys from the community, its going to be brilliant! I think I'm gonna have just as many questions for the community guys as well as the devs. And I've got a huge list of stuff to ask them. This is a call out to anyone, for any C&C lover. If you've got something you want to ask the guys there at the event, let us know so we can ask! You've got 2 days left, so speak up! We're supposed to be the voice for all of you at the event, your eyes, your ears! You get the picture.. else we're just going to get left playing the game for fun, and you wouldn't want that..

Getting to check out the game early, thoroughly looking forward to that! There is a lot I'm curious about the game, and a lot of things I'll be looking out for. I'm excited about being able to give feedback on the game. C&C has been a part of me for so long, it'll be great to actually take part in shaping it, help make it more of the game that everyone will like.

Now, with that all said and done, I'm going to give in. There is one big thing which goes above and beyond everything and anything (even you Apoc, I'm really sorry..). Meeting the one and only Joseph D Kucan!!?? I'm.. just.. speechless..

Meeting the Messiah is something that I couldn't do. I'm jealous. Anyway, today is probably the last day to post your rants and questions that you want Muldrake to bring to developpers. But, don't create too much expectations on it, since the event has another 99 creatures. So, it will certainly be a fun mess. I hope everyone enjoys the convention and brings a lot of pictures and interesting information for us, mortals. Stay in touch at PPM for more coverage in the event. Afterall, Muldrake is welcomed to use PPM as a blog as well to talk about the event Wink.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will do my best to include updates at PPM, however I won't have a laptop, so unless there are local computers to blog from, I could have issues. I can try small ones from my phone, or possibly hijacking someone elses laptop, we shall see.

I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning (8am GMT) so if you want to me to ask/say anything, tell me before then!
Rants and Questions.
Ideally do it before midnight tonight, as I can't guarantee I'll be able to check online before I leave.

And yeah, meeting Joe will be awesome. But from the sounds of it he'll only be around for about 15 mins on the thursday and friday, and I won't be there in time for thursday. 15 mins split between 100 people.. so 9 secs each.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck and have fun Muldrake Wink

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God, your lucky (Envy) lol

But seriously, part of me can't wait to see the epic conclusion but the other part feels sad that the C&C Legacy is drawing to a close.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!