Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
What if
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject:  What if Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What If time went back and The First Decade edition was made with a different approach? What if the devs took TS and made a large scale revision of it and called it The Developers Cut? Improved graphics for infantry, vehicles, and buildings, especially infantry which look bad. I'm talking about fixes and adjustments to make things right without altering the TS Storyline or canon. Bug fixes and balance, Orca transport added in, Dropship Bay respectively and fully functional like the Starport in Dune 2000. Harpy has spinning rotors, Nod has the Chemspray infantry, Cyborg Infantry uses a secondary cannon arm weapon and the hunter seeker superweapon has the target menu of what type of unit or structure to attack. There could be more. Cabal faction carefully designed for FS, meaning that EA must hire the right people for this project, those who understand the lore and everything that C&C is really about.

There could be a small poster that illustrates the C&C Canon, and there can be seen among other things that from Firestorm two lines stretch from each campaign ending, that the Nod and GDI FS campaigns happen simultaneously and then leads to a square that has C&C 3 in it, and further continues the tree one bit more to show a question mark for the game that follows.
There is a video interview where the devs talk about their consulting with Adam Isgreen and other oldbies from Westwood in how to make things right.

Last edited by Pepzi on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dream on, cause that won't happen.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That one was made on Hyperdeck right?

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi, what are you talking about? We've been doing all of that instead of EA for years now #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wait until Ares is released.

Recreate TS/FS in grandeur.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the replies guys! I am infinitely more confident with our community handling C&C than EA, but don't tell them that. Anyways have a nice day!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast, you seem to misunderstand something... Ares is mainly aimed towards the modding community. It's highly unlikely to ever produce an actual community patch to solve problems in TS.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he means to remake TS on the YR engine.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I think he means to remake TS on the YR engine.

Also, cutting out that horrible "Chandra, you son of a bitch!" scene.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh God. "Lets kick some ass" was worse.

But srsly, the past is past. Most of the problems with TS gameplay could be handled in a patch like YR's UMP. Surely it isn't that hard to make Nod a competitive side in mulitplayer? maybe make GDI not as overpowered? remove some redundant structures. (Do we really need buildable temples AND silos?)

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What if...
People realized what is done has been done, Time machines are RA technology and therefore, you cannot change the past. Oh, and that you have three choices in the CNC issue:
1: Bend over and take it from EA
2: Do it urself
3: Bitch and moan about how EA IS (HAS BEEN) DOING IT WRONG

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
What if...
People realized what is done has been done, Time machines are RA technology and therefore, you cannot change the past. Oh, and that you have three choices in the CNC issue:
1: Bend over and take it from EA
2: Do it urself
3: Bitch and moan about how EA IS (HAS BEEN) DOING IT WRONG

You forgot 4.

4: Play the goddamn game, mod what you don't like, and quit wanking around.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't that 2?

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically he didn't say play it. he said do 'it' yourself. 'it' can be a number of things. Take it in the ass from EA, mod it, play it, play with yourself? Who knows.

But the point is the same. EA doesn't care. Wqestwood is dead. Why not make something better then the garbage that studios make? If all the EA hating and nostalgia goggle posts could be made into something productive we could have some really cool mods. If you want it right, make it yourself because frankly, nobody else will create your dreams.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
If all the EA hating and nostalgia goggle posts could be made into something productive we could have some really cool mods. If you want it right, make it yourself because frankly, nobody else will create your dreams.

Exactly.

ztype EA?

ztype whining wankers!

Back to modding, you wanking whiners!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but but but ea killed our franchise. :'( I always hear oh what EA does dosn't matter C&C has great modders who could make a better C&C4 on their sleep...

Which is funny, because even a lot of TW, and RA3 mods are remakes or reimaginings of older C&Cs and wastes of talent. Tiberian Sun Rising looks pretty, but do we need to play through the second tiberian war in the 30th remake of it again? ztype, it such a waste of coders and artists. Its criminal, really.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Tiberian Sun Rising looks pretty, but do we need to play through the second tiberian war in the 30th remake of it again? ztype, it such a waste of coders and artists. Its criminal, really.

Then I guess all the fantastic recreations of past artwork (take The Scream as an example, there are numerous interpretations of the painting) has all been a waste of paint, film or pencil lead Rolling Eyes

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
but but but ea killed our franchise. :'( I always hear oh what EA does dosn't matter C&C has great modders who could make a better C&C4 on their sleep...

Which is funny, because even a lot of TW, and RA3 mods are remakes or reimaginings of older C&Cs and wastes of talent. Tiberian Sun Rising looks pretty, but do we need to play through the second tiberian war in the 30th remake of it again? ztype, it such a waste of coders and artists. Its criminal, really.

Most people don't have the creativity to make a TC.

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:

Most people don't have the creativity to make a TC.

Sadly. We need more TCs. How can we progress and stay alive for the future, if most mods are still in the past.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? They're horrifying. Any attempt to perfect, which in itself is impossible, is pathetic, nevermind the fact that these drain the community of good modelers and texture artists, recreating crap we've seen. again, again, and again. I can't see how anybody can get excited about these wastes of resources. Whats even worse is that these piece of crap mods get all of the modelers sucked away and leave none for the mods with original ideas.

"Hey I got a cool idea. insert good story, interesting units, thought out campaign."

"Sorry I'm working for some C&C remake. Your story looks cool and i wish you the best though! :thumbs:"

Besides, I can get literally hundreds of TS maps to make the experience more interesting then say the 20 a new mod will provide.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Sadly. We need more TCs.

I disagree on that, we need more mods like Dusk, Retro, NCM, Tiberium Essence, Contra, Moomans Rules and TFADW etc. they are "simple" but great!

TCs are almost never released and most die for some reason....can you think of any TC's that has had a full release?

-Return of the Dawn
-The Dawn of the Tiberium Age
-Middle East Crisis 1
-Cold War Crisis
-C&C All Stars
-It Came From Red Alert!

I would like more small mods out there, most maybe a bit simple but they are nice nonetheless. A mod doesn't need 1337 graphics to be good, it just need interesting units and that being said giving the Core Defender to the generic CABAL side never gets old. #Tongue

Every small mod announced these days are always meet with "Nothing special" "OMGz make your own voxels!" well, the voxel and shp forums are there for a reason why not let people use them? instead of dismissing a mod like "just another mod"...

and by the way the starport first came in Dune 2, not Dune 2000 #Tongue

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes because we need more mods that add the same damn 20 units from TS concept, speculation, and commented out inis. Right? I just made a cool mod with a Hind in RA2. Wanna play? Rolling Eyes

Also, TS 3.0 was simple, it didn't do much with the graphics and such. Maybe shrunk down the infantry and made the laser turret NOT FAIL. But... Yeah it got ignored. You DO need mods with leet graphics to get attention, as much as I hate to say that its the truth. The community doesn't care at all about how good gameplay may be in a mod, the graphics have to be SHINY

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
TCs are almost never released and most die for some reason....can you think of any TC's that has had a full release?

Hello there.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
What if...
People realized what is done has been done

If only people could learn to let trivial things just be. The more I see certain guys going nuts over aspects of a game (like say C&C 4's lack of bases) the more I pity them for wasting so much time and energy to get all riled up over a game.

I also agree with Volgin on originality over redoing the same stuff from an earlier game in a TC mod. Not that I don't applaud the dedication and effort the TSR people are willing to invest, but in the C&C 3 modding world my highest interests go not to TSR or Essence etc, but to stuff like MEC2 and Asylum.

The white lady~!

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don'T find anything wrong with recreating mod's or better "refining the game"/fixing as far as possible.

TC's on the other hands are also good, but keep in mind most TC's never reach the day of the light, they need a complete overhaul it's just like if a game firm buys an engine and builds a game on it for the release.
it doesn't happen in 2 days, i've seen TC's struggling almost 6 years to perfection, donut arnold's X Com mod...i doubt it will ever see a release because i only see him working on that.
most people know that and think over 2 times before actively joining a TC.

But both things are good, Recreations if caried out good and well, this ios mainly for satisfying mostly the creator himself to enjoy a game, i believe smiff was as much as i was disappointed in tiberian sun so Retro was a reason to create, other people see too much in retro what doesn't belong there in their perspective.
however IF westwood had once when they did TS not joined EA for the sake of last minute release time pressure, and would have been consistant and careful as a team like Blizzard they would have brought a really great game, yet in TS we find rare traces of that greatness for that time.
So most people badly want to see working dropships, scavengers building unique stuff out of wasted units and all that was planned, and fix everything that came out really poor in the end.
Don't underestimate that, it takes a long time to be satisfied with this, smiff dropped TSR as much as i dropped my flimsy project because it puts you under stress, to rework everything again and again and again or you might end up nowhere, of course there's still your real life.
But i don't see why it should be wrong if people still attempt to top theirselves.
Recreations are not all about originality, in the case of TS it's more like a hate/love relationship.

(P.S. i still pity Gangster's exodus TC, it was promising and really careful stylized)

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People who make mods, generally make them because they want to. And people love mods, because they generally want to play them.

TS:Rising is a very much loved mod. People are still hoping for its release, to which it will have one, even though its been in development for so long. Clearly it must be doing something right if people are still following it.

No mod is "wrong", because it generally starts off as being something someone wants to do. They want to play it that way. Often mods try and do more than they are capable of, and successively fade without a release, but it still doesn't make them wrong. Any mod which is released, I don't consider a waste. And even some which don't get released, may not be a waste, as long as someone learns from it and can pass it on to something else.

TS:Rising is for me, personally, one of the most anticipated mods for C&C3. I know a loved its concept before, but having spoken to Assasin at CommandCOM, I know so much more about it, that I love it 10 fold more. It will be one of the most well thought out mods. Yes, its a remake of Tiberian Sun. But it sure as hell won't be a clone of it.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

it doesn't happen in 2 days, i've seen TC's struggling almost 6 years to perfection

Technically TSR is also TC, excluding the gameplay mechanics the mod essentially has units and buildings that all have to be modelled textured and coded from scratch.

I think the point Volgin wanted to make was that we can only see the Wolverine and Titan, etc so many times before it starts getting stale. TWA creator Stygs once commented on how he wasn't going to have a Titan in his mod despite Golan having assembled a Titan model based on the KW Titan because Tiberium Essence already did the whole Titan thing...

The white lady~!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum