Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CommandCOM Day 1: Tiberian Twilight.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [94 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject:  CommandCOM Day 1: Tiberian Twilight.
Subject description: Did anyone had any doubt that Tiberian Twilight was being produced?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After being considered discarded, no longer in production or even a community myth, Tiberian Twilight is the subtitle of Command & Conquer 4.

And that's just the beggining of the day one of our CommandCOM coverage. Check more at the blog of the event.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see blurry people.

The white lady~!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What was the bloody point of the competition? Shit sucks. Next please.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the inevitable expansion pack's tittle, or some campaign's tittle.
Anyway I wasn't expecting that name at all Confused.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually im glad that Tiberian Twilight was picked as the subtitle of the game.

Tiberian Dawn - Start of a new day

Tiberian Sun - Lunch (Mid-day)

Tiberian Wars - Dinner (Afternoon)

Tiberian Twilight - End (Night)

It fits nicely I think.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder who actually won the competition. From what I know almost all of the old fans suggested this name Neutral

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No one necessarily won by picking TT. As they said in the competition rules, it was never intended that the name chosen by a fan would make it as an official subtitle.

Quote:

What was the bloody point of the competition?

Exactly, who knows. Maybe it was just to gather attention.

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The competition was useless. Everyone suggestd Twilight, and Twilight simply COULDN'T have won.

They rated submissions on originalty (Twilight is totally not original), relevance (Twilight isn't relevant since Tiberium Wars was released), and creativity (same as original, totally not). So, I guess EA made this competition to give fans a sence of 'hey, we still can decide something about the game, even though the game is crap and EA isn't changing anything'. I bet EA had already decided the name to be Twilight. They're going for 'unique' things, like a totally revamped and screwed up gameplay, but they use Twilight to please some of the fans who don't like the change. Plus, Apoc himself said that we should submit different things then Twilight, he said it was a crappy name and wasn't creative or original.

Just my theory. I would like to see how the top 10 were rated. Twilight CAN'T have won. Simple.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who said "Tiberian Twilight" is the official name? That poster is a fan made one...

Edit: screw that...I didn't read that topic on the official C&C forums XD

Though they said they rated the name on originality....Tiberian Twilight is not original, it has been around since 2002/2003.....

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I appreciate their use of what is considered the likely name had Westwood made the game, the fact is it will probably be nothing like Westwood's concept of the game and thus will evoke all the wrong parallels IMO. I liked my suggestion: Tiberian Reformation. It was an attempt to illustrate both Nod and GDI's apparent (at least partial) cooperation and their continuing attempts to rid the world of Tiberium.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Destiny ftw. #Tongue

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Beat-EA-With-a-Toaster

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Tiberian Destiny ftw. #Tongue

wat

#Tongue

Had expected Twilight and voila.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, A damn good name to end the tib based cnc franchise. Though I didn't expect that name in the least.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Millions of those who entered won. EA's gonna be bankrupt now with all those prizes.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Westwood never used Tiberian Twilight, Raven. Never.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Westwood never used Tiberian Twilight, Raven. Never.

Except once!

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
Actually im glad that Tiberian Twilight was picked as the subtitle of the game.

Tiberian Dawn - Start of a new day

Tiberian Sun - Lunch (Mid-day)

Tiberian Wars - Dinner (Afternoon)

Tiberian Twilight - End (Night)

It fits nicely I think.

This is THE first time I've ever seen someone establish a connection between "war" and "dinner". Philosophers worldwide must be reeling...

Seriously this competition felt like "k guys help us think of a name for Tiberian Twilight.......... ok thanks for all your submissions! We've decided to name it Tiberian Twilight!" *cheering people sfx* btw let me remind everyone that this is the same company who released a survey on stuff like crawlers and player progression when those things were already decided beforehand and incorporated into C&C 4... beforehand...

The white lady~!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugh, as I said on official boards.. I'm glad Twilight is the subtitle, but that makes 'Tiberium Wars' look out of place even more.

I say we all do a campaign to change TW name into Tiberian Incursion or something. #Tongue It just SO. DOES. NOT. FIT!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
btw let me remind everyone that this is the same company who released a survey on stuff like crawlers and player progression when those things were already decided beforehand and incorporated into C&C 4... beforehand...

Makes me think the competitions/surveys were all just part of the advertising campaign.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

I say we all do a campaign to change TW name into Tiberian Incursion or something. #Tongue It just SO. DOES. NOT. FIT!

I think you'd have a higher chance of success trying to officially get a petition going to rename the US into "Happyland"

The white lady~!

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't get it, what's the problem with this name? It was suposedly something many people wanted. The problem with this damn game is the stupid player progression and crawlers and economy system. DoW2 sucked, because of its RPG style gameplay especially for the campaign, EA seem to want to put this player progession all the way through everything (and their multiplayer system is an exact ripoff from DoW2 too, who guessed that), I mean if you love RPGs dealing with Sci-Fi so badly go play Mass Effect or something. The thing that bothers me the most among the many CnC boards are people talking about "evolution" and then relating it to a game genre, FFS this is entertainment not biology class, and come on genres don't change, the Thriller genre for movies for example has always had its own style, you can't "evole" a game genre either, you're simply either creating a funky hybrid or just screwing up totally.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Karnatu wrote:
DoW2 sucked, because of its RPG style gameplay especially for the campaign

Oh ztype off, if you want to play StarClickCraft play ztyping StarClickCraft.

If you would know anything about Warhammer 40,000 you'd know that Dawn of War 2 is far superior to Dawn of "I build 10,000 space marines" War 1.

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How's that DoW2 was better than DoW1?
DoW2 removed almost all the good parts from DoW1. The famous battle crys, the base building, the bigger squads, a better view on the game map and more balanced gameplay, all these made DoW1 better than DoW2. Come on just look at DoW2, suppresion teams make infantry look silly, vehicles make suppression teams look silly and then walkers make the vehicles look stupid and after that the carnifex and avatar made the rest useless, yeah great game, and what was the standard game mode? Oh yeah Capture the flag only in RTS. And if you ever get strong enough to actually have fun blowing up the enemy we're sorry for you cuz he only has 1 building a 2 turrets and his 1 building has more health than all your units combined times 2!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude. It's based on motherfucking Warhammer 40,000.

A game where Space Marines punch tanks to death and where two Eldar can kill a Hormagaunt swarm with ztyping combat knifes.

Just because DoW1 deviates from the source material, doesn't mean DoW2 should do it too?

DoW2 is the tabletop on the computer, and it's ztyping awesome. And if you don't like it, choke on metal-cast Baneblade model from Forgeworld.

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who said that DoW2 is the tabletop on computer? As far as I know DoW1 was more loyal to the point cap (of 2000) than DoW2. Also I never heard that DoW2 was an attempt to get closer to the Tabletop. And the point is DoW2 sucked compared to DoW1. It's a game and we're supposed to have fun, I played DoW1 for years yet I barely played DoW2 for a month, and well DoW2 couldn't simply be as good or balanced as DoW1, even they couldn't make it more tactical which they were aiming to do so; now Missle launcher space marine blobs own everything. And EA are just taking DoW2 as an example, I mean I wish they were at least smart enough that if they wanted to ripoff C&C4 from another game it would be from a better game.

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, prepare yourselves to forsake this game, go on a crusade against EA, or join some random suicide bomber squad...

http://www.gamereplays.org/commandandconquer4/portals.php?show=news&news_id=529570

Yep, 10 units per player is the maximum (well, in 5 vs 5 games, in 2 vs 2 it thus should be 25, etcetera). EA lied again (they claimed huge epic battles were going to be seen, and because of that, they removed directional armor). Oh, and now there is totally no tiberium (again, a lie), no, we have to hold control nodes (DoW anyone), 5 in total. With only 10 units. And, let's nto forget, better units take even more points. So a Mastodon will likely take around 8. So, we're all going to use infantry / basic tank spam. What was EA trying to prevent again? Oh yes, tank spam. They wanted micro (withotu directional armor but with a random luck factor). And, units move only slow / average, and also die slowly. Thus, boring battles alert! Do I need to remind you that this now is a complete clone of DoW2 and WiC? A bad one that is. Very bad.

*leaves before ears shatter from deafening screams which will soon pop up*

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Last edited by need my speed on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only worried about the (very limited) unitcap. But as said, this is taken from pre-alpha.
I don't have the words for this stupidity.

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

I don't have the words for this stupidity.

I do! stop with the offtopic crap!

I'm glad ea picked Tiberian Twilight. it's just too bad that it will be a mediocre game...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I come to the conclusion I made my post without thinking. Fixing it now Neutral

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game is a joke that is not even funny! Asking the community for which name to give the title raises some important questions, becuase a title needs to be tied to the story intself, so how serious are EA with this actually?

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Yep, 10 units per player is the maximum (well, in 5 vs 5 games, in 2 vs 2 it thus should be 25, etcetera). EA lied again (they claimed huge epic battles were going to be seen, and because of that, they removed directional armor)

There is nothing suggesting that it will be 25 in 2vs2. You are jumping to conclusions.

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually always have supported pop-caps. They make the game far less spammy but first of all 10 units is beyond stupid. As someone's saying in the C&C forums, why should I build a scout unit when that'll itself cost me 10% of my army if it dies and it would anyway take 10% of my army up. Since the "goal structures" require you to put units next to them then I guess I'll be losing at least 5 units to stay there, and I'll need say 3 units to defend my silly crawler (or base if you call it), and then if I'll be exploring the map with just 1 scout maybe then I'll have 1 tank left to attack with. That's a tactical aproach, then we'll have the non-tactical "army blob" approach to keep everything together and focus fire on anything that comes to sight and just progress forward, now THAT sounds cool . Exclamation

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I don't think a lot of people actually realize is that 10 units is confined to 5v5, which is separate from the other game modes and really emphasizes working together as a team. 5v5 does not have to dictate the terms of the rest of the game, and you don't have to play the mode if you don't like it.

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the point is you're still going to end up grouping all your army together and form the infamous blob, and THEN you'll work out some tactics together, or at best you'll enroll one person for resources and do the work yourself. "Teamwork" is something that is hardly ever worked out and executed properly in games, take CoD4 as an example in Team deathmatch almost everyone is shooting for themselves at best you'll make short tactics on how to defend somewhere or take a critical location, or even in SnD games the teamwork is pretty straightforward and personal skill prevails more. Now that's an FPS so if you argue that's not a good example I'll give DoW2 as an example, in there if we put races aside, generally each person will be going for a part of the map and as a team you'll progress but still the individual fights are more on yourself and the teamwork in a tactical double envelope manner rarely happens.

Anyway I can only hope for the best, pop caps have never been bad to me but I wish they changed the other things.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you're just playing casually against random people then sure, teamplay won't be valued much. But if you do the same and suddenly face pro players or a clan or something who really do work together, then you'll get your ass handed to you unless you get your act together. I haven't played CoD4 or DoW2 much, but generally this is what has happened in in Counter-Strike, Battlefield, World of Warcraft etc.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

need my speed wrote:
Do I need to remind you that this now is a complete clone of DoW2 and WiC? A bad one that is. Very bad.

If it WERE a complete clone, the visuals in C&C 4 wouldn't be this meh. Graphics-wise both WiC and DOWII owned C&C 4 hard.
Laughing

Karnatu wrote:
I actually always have supported pop-caps. They make the game far less spammy

I think I mentioned before, popcaps don't solve spam problems. The various RTS games out there which had spam problems despite having popcaps (eg. UAW) are proof of that.

The white lady~!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we all knew "Tiberian Twilight" would be the winner..

Even so, I submitted "Tiberian Solace" just to be different. Twilight though really fits the best.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GeckoYamori wrote:
Quote:
Yep, 10 units per player is the maximum (well, in 5 vs 5 games, in 2 vs 2 it thus should be 25, etcetera). EA lied again (they claimed huge epic battles were going to be seen, and because of that, they removed directional armor)

There is nothing suggesting that it will be 25 in 2vs2. You are jumping to conclusions.

There is. Go look around the EA forum for proof.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would rather have a link to an official statement.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I think we all knew "Tiberian Twilight" would be the winner..

Even so, I submitted "Tiberian Solace" just to be different. Twilight though really fits the best.

I submitted the title "Resolution", as in "C&C 4: Resolution" To me it sort of fit with the whole story ending theme and more importantly to me it didn't have the whole "Tiberian" cliche in the subtitle.

The whole subtitle thing to me still feels like a publicity stunt, get people all excited and hyped about potentially being able to name the game and score beta keys.

The white lady~!

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's why I submitted Destiny, same reason. Oh, and this, quoted from myself:

The competition was useless. Everyone suggestd Twilight, and Twilight simply COULDN'T have won.

They rated submissions on originalty (Twilight is totally not original), relevance (Twilight isn't relevant since Tiberium Wars was released), and creativity (same as original, totally not). So, I guess EA made this competition to give fans a sence of 'hey, we still can decide something about the game, even though the game is crap and EA isn't changing anything'. I bet EA had already decided the name to be Twilight. They're going for 'unique' things, like a totally revamped and screwed up gameplay, but they use Twilight to please some of the fans who don't like the change. Plus, Apoc himself said that we should submit different things then Twilight, he said it was a crappy name and wasn't creative or original.

Just my theory. I would like to see how the top 10 were rated. Twilight CAN'T have won. Simple.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, chill out.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waaay too much spare time.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm reserving all judgement on this game until it comes out. Then, when it turns out to be fun and addictive or the entire community belly-flops on their opinions, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

You wanted change. Wanted something new. This is what you get. At least this won't be the same, "build base, spam units, gg" crap that's been around since forever.

I can't wait to play this. Something new from CnC will be a welcome change.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm keeping my hopes up, but cautious not to have them shattered like they were for C&C3

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Graphics-wise both WiC and DOWII owned C&C 4 hard.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twilight? Will there be vampires in it?

BECUZ EVRYONE LOVES TWILIGHT AMIRITE?!?!!!1!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have read it.Seen better romance books.It was OK,but there really are better books out there...

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake should be on his way back by now. I'm sure he has a lot of info for us.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!