Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The RA colours
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:  The RA colours Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As some of you mentioned that the housecolors didn't fit, I decided to add the RA1 housecolors to the already excisting colours:

Front row: Teal, Green, Red, Orange
Back row: Yellow, Brick Red, Beige, Blue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look cool, but the units themselves need colour changing. #Tongue Tried all remap?

Other than that I can only suggest grey... I'm not a fan of the Soviet colour either. Grey for both RA1 factions or just have them the same as the RA2/3 factions.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All remap is a bitch to do, and I want to keep the style DaFool started. And yes, the Allies vehicles will get a colour change. I'm thinking of a light-blue/grey colour (like this, but bit darker and more grey). The Russians may get a colour change too, but I ain't sure with what I must replace it. I won't do both armies grey #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then I'd make them the same as RA2/3 colours. At least then all Allies and all Soviet's will be cohesive.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where's mah pink? I WANT MAH PINK!

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fortunately the abomination that is the remap color pink was not included in Red Alert. (looking good, keep it up)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still considering whether to keep the original colours (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Light Blue, Orange, Purple and Pink) and the RA1 colours, or only use the RA1 colours. I doubt the RA1 colours will look good on the other armies...

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing you don't want to do is to have tons of colour, but some only differ from others by their slightly different shade. So, include some from both that are not two similar. The teal, for instance, would be fine with the other General's colours.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy,there's something annoying me with these models,and its the texture.Look at that dark green/blue texture.

Make it darker,and choose rather a shade of gray than green/blue.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just dont have really bright blue remap, it looks lame.

If you want less colours then just have RA2 colours (but maybe replace the shades with some of these). There's nothing wrong with pink.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*resurrects thread*
Small update: British vehicles are more grey now, and it indeed looks better.
I've also redone the Russian vehicle colour too. See the pic:

Which is better: the new one on the top, or the old one on the bottom. I know the difference ain't big, but now both army colours are more grey-like.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) Did you put a minigun where the missile rack is?
2) what is going with the top of the mammoth in general?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PINK IS A HOLY COLOUR! D;<

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, seems I used the wrong unit for the texture example #Tongue Don't worry, the Mammoth will be the same. This is a... special version #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon