Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
G.D.I. Sam Site.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject:  G.D.I. Sam Site.
Subject description: Anti Aircraft Defence.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sam Site

Strength: Medium
Armour: Medium
Cost: 600
Power: -40

The Sam Site keeps pesky Nod aerial units at bay. It fires 2 highly accurate homing missiles at the desired target.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, though why not three missiles at once? #Tongue Looks as if it has deflection armor plating.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G.D.I. uses twin highly accurate missiles, however Nod's Stella Sam site will fire a small swarm of smaller less accurate missiles.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again, an excellent concept from Blubb.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... doesnt look like GDI i've ever seen, but it could work because of that. I dislike the "GDI must look liek this" attitude, especially when this mod is a sequel and goes where nothing has gone before. It can look like anything.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI needs that bulk factor in everything, Like the visual feeling of solidness. Sure NOD units and structures are made up of light weight and very strong materials, GDI still should use high strengh concrete and heavy duty steel.

Since GDI has never really had a sam site, maybe they should have something that directly punches holes in hostile flying stuff, Like rail guns for example.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AA Railguns? Why not add that to the Mammoth MK II while we're at it? xD

BEFORE
"Dammed Banshees!!!" *Rockets on MK II Fail...*

AFTER
"OWNED!!!" *AA Railgun esplodez the banshees.*

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why did I even bother posting...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Description: This unit replaces the Banshee. It is designed to deliver damage as quickly as possible and return to its base just as quick. This aircraft lacks armour but its speed makes up for it, it is even able to outrun some AA defenses.

I agree, Deformat, I agree....

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshees still appear, there are a few different ones iirc.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I qouted the description of the TO website, so, ask Morpher (thought that banshees eclispes are missions only?)

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
I qouted the description of the TO website, so, ask Morpher (thought that banshees eclispes are missions only?)

Capturable goodies from the Black-Hand Pyramid, and highest level aircraft from the Temple

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. The design simple but effective. Just make sure you call it SAM site as SAM is the abbreviation #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it Smile

Mortecha wrote:
Since GDI has never really had a sam site, maybe they should have something that directly punches holes in hostile flying stuff, Like rail guns for example.

...eh? Did someone forget the SAM component for the TS component tower?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The SHP looks really nice, but i think a tad more remap on the turret would make it better (e.g. a small stripe on the side).

A tad more detail on the model itself could be also nice. e.g. some small ex/intruded parts on the missile launchers or the edges a tiny bit chamfered so they don't look like an ordinary box with texture. A bumpmap might be enough too.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I prefer simplicity on GDI buildings - the GDI style is very much towards function over form, in contrast to Nod's form over function.

Though maybe a little bit of minor stuff on the side might look good.

Would it be possible give it a nice looking muzzle flash for when if fires its "two highly accurate missiles"?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Would it be possible give it a nice looking muzzle flash for when if fires its "two highly accurate missiles"?

Yes.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has a 3D-feel to it, which is good.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated buildup.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice simple design, how many polies is it?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again it just looks too soft and bright for TS IMO, could use a lot sharper texture with a bit more detail.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a fan of this. Too blocky, basic design, nothing original in the shape design.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still a fan here Very Happy Though an in-game might be useful.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Again it just looks too soft and bright for TS IMO, could use a lot sharper texture with a bit more detail.

Softness and brightness is caused by custom .gif animation. In-game it looks much better.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
I like it Smile

Mortecha wrote:

...eh? Did someone forget the SAM component for the TS component tower?

Not to mention the adv guardtower used SAM's against aircraft #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but Nod and GDI shared the same SAM turret design in TS, and the Adv. Guard Tower didn't actually appear to have any weapons on it, iirc (which didn't stop it being bloody scary the first time I encountered it #Tongue).

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The missiles on the adv guardtower were vertically launched, thus not being visible, point is GDI and Nod have both traditionally had SAMs

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
Nice simple design, how many polies is it?

Poly count: 604 Smile

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it just the way it is. Idnt even use more remap on it Wink

yup, neptune size!

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The turret looks like something I'd use for a mech.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see your point, although it doesn't look to me to be long enough to fit to any of the existing chassis of TO.. Except maybe CABAL's Guardian.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon