Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Droppods without vers. 2.0?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject:  Droppods without vers. 2.0? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to have droppods without version 2.0 or greater?

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes

copy the code from firestorm.ini and put it in rules.ini dont forget to change 1= droppodspecial to 7=droppodspecial or 8=droppodspecial (dont remember next number)

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool, cause this is one main thing from my mod that is needed. oh is it possible to have multiple droppods charging and each one give a different unit? like say droppod1 gave a light infantry while droppod2 gave a rocket infantry and droppod3 gave a engineer?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, units leaving the drops are hardcoded

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn, so that means you can't change the unit for even just one droppod?

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you can but only with map specific trigers.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wel venom you sort of can. Clone the E1 and the E2 entry en change them to what u want to be the units leaving the droppods you also have to edit the ai to change all those e1 and e2 to their clones

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that would take a while, but it might be worth it

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well not realy just open up any rules file in a text editor and use the replace option to replace all the E1 entries to say E1CLONE

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are other things in the rules.ini that refer to the E1, you will probably want to change those too.

Code:
Pilot=E1                ; pilot type that parachutes out of aircraft
Crew=E1                 ; soldier that emerges from destroyed unit or building
Technician=CTECH        ; civilian infantry type to serve as technician survivor [should be armed variety]
Engineer=ENGINEER       ; special (limited supply) infantry survivor from construction yards [probably engineer type]
Disguise=E1             ; infantry type to appear as when disguised and viewed by the enemy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe in another topic, someone stated that those no longer worked

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still if some work you get a commando when you normally should have a light infantry

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that would be nice to have Smile I'll try that soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon