Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
[FS] Treason Part III - The Confrontation
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject:  [FS] Treason Part III - The Confrontation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Treason index: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

After releasing the second part, I started to make this immediately, but got bored soon and the map was collecting dust for months.
However, now it is DONE for you to play Very Happy  and so is the Treason storyline finished (yes, really, won't you believe me? Wink )

I'm sorry if there are some problems in the mission, but I tested it far too many times than it's healthy ( Laughing ), and couldn't fix everything that was
not working...  anyways, it's still very much playable and I hope you enjoy it Smile

Story/Briefing:

Code:
Commander, this is a true catastrophe! Without your survival
from General's trap, he could have destroyed whole GDI. Now
he has lost the advantage of surprise, and it's time for our
move.
According to the information we gained from the Nod commander
you captured, General Douglas is negotiating with a Nod
general and is apparently willing to join the Brotherhood.
Needless to say, this must NOT happen! Our technologies must
not fall into Nod's hands nor can the General be allowed to
enchance his forces with Nod's weapon or stealth systems.
The meeting between the traitorous general and Nod is beign
held near Douglas' main base, in Iceland. His base is
heavily defended with Firestorm defence systems and Orca
Bombers, but our intelligence reported that both squadrons
of bombers just left for a bombing run and won't return too
soon. Since you helped the Forgotten earlier, they have now
offered their help in disabling the defences. Use the
mutants wisely, Commander, they are valuable allies in this
conflict. Good luck.
DATA LINK CLOSED.

Objective 1: Infiltrate the Shark Home's firestorm generator with the mutant saboteur.
Objective 2: Destroy the Shark airbase using mutant forces.
Objective 3: Capture all three radar stations to get the exact location of the meeting.
Objective 4: Destroy Generals' Orca Command craft and Nod's Montauk and end this madness.

EDIT: Updated the map graphically and trigger-wise at the start location. The first objective is now quite devilish, but keep trying, you can do it!
Another thing is, that the last part of this mission is now actually not wide enough for bigger resolutions (1080p), which will cause some annoying camera twitching.
The map is already as big as FS allows, so I couldn't really fix it. My apologies for the issue, you'll have to either play with smaller reso or just try to keep camera
movement to minimum during the last objective; it's very short anyways.
Again, the screenshots are somewhat outdated.

treason III 1.png
 Description:
Sneaking around.
 Filesize:  430.48 KB
 Viewed:  12413 Time(s)

treason III 1.png

treason III 2.png
 Description:
Fight in a town.
 Filesize:  214.88 KB

treason III 2.png

treason III 3.png
 Description:
The mighty Mark II.
 Filesize:  184.06 KB

treason III 3.png

Treason Part III - The Confrontation.rar
 Description:
The map, now less bland on base location, and other necessary files.

Download
 Filename:  Treason Part III - The Confrontation.rar
 Filesize:  185.73 KB
 Downloaded:  549 Time(s)

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Last edited by [TiberianFuture] on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, it's been there for over a week, give me some feedback nao!

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol sry i cant play it xD interferes with my mod.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks great, but I'm just not feeling up to playing it right now.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, can't play either right now Confused

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The GDI base (as shown in screenshot) is very repetitive. Even a bit of tarmac or dirt roads around there would add to it aesthetically.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah Embarassed , I have to admit I forgot to finish that base in my eagerness to release the map Embarassed Embarassed

I'll fix that with everything else I'm not happy with in all three maps and make them as high-quality as I can Wink

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I tried to play it because now I got some time but unfortunatly all it wants to say is "Unable to read scenario."

EDIT: Nevermind, if your going to play just this map open up "fsbattle.ini" and change "Scenario=tsp1.map" from the "[GDIFS]" to "Scenario=tsp3.map" just remember you miss story with skipping the first two parts.

EDIT2: Oh, by the way, the mutant war factory says "Fist of Nod" on it, probably should change this if you release a new version. Also you can have the spotlight on the tower, if you want to redirect it to the direction out of base set it's facing to 0 degrees.

EDIT3: ... the Tutorial.ini is missing. Also you should change the starting music theme to "Infiltration".

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhh, tutorial missing... Embarassed I'm really sorry, I included it in the DL now, just redownload.

Quote:
Hey, I tried to play it because now I got some time but unfortunatly all it wants to say is "Unable to read scenario."

Are you sure you did the needed fix to the tsp2.map as mentioned in the first post? It works fine for me with that.

I'll fix those small errors you mentioned in a new version, as well as the fact you can undeploy the wf...

Thanks for your comments (especially the tutorial.ini, still can't believe I forgot it).

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Na, I fixed it, I was just gonna play this mission, I'm really to lazy to try out all of 'em, but this one got my interest. Yeah, I figured you'd be allowed to undeploy it, I would also say you should use the GDI Barracks not the Hand of Nod as your Mutant Barracks.

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work for this last mission. Welle done multi-phase.

Just for the last phase, it's a bit difficult to keep the eengiener alive in the middle of the grenaders, just after you took the last radar...

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update.

Fixed some stuff, like the engineer thing mentioned above, and made the first objective a real challenge. Enabled transition to part IV,
and DL contains now files compatible with the latest mission in Treason Conflict.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon