Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
An idea to get the Prism Tower Support tow Work.
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject:  An idea to get the Prism Tower Support tow Work. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that theres the patriot missile support sytem already in generals, but it;s not exactly the same. The missiles are shot from the idividual turrets at the target. However, I have an idea how to make it more like the original using an idea I saw from dutchy.

Basically, you can change a weaponset if an object is under the condition of a rider. Dutchy had a weapon that would force a rider condition state. So, if the patriot support weapon could be coded to force a rider type, and have the anim of 'firing a beam' at the original tower, then the original tower could have a weaponset upgrade that uses a more powerful weapon, thus creating the full affect of the original. Only problem would be that only the affect of 1 Tower (damage wise) would be present.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had an idea long ago, back when I was doing a lot of coding. It also involves the same Patriot system, but is probably less of a hassle and uses less workarounds.

Basically code it the same as the Patriot, but have the assist weapon not use the beam, while the connecting data stream effect thing is replaced with the same beam as the prism beam. Unfortunately I do not think you can code in the parent bone into the laser object in the same way as in vanilla Generals, so you'll have to create another laser texture and offset it by putting in an alpha layer into the space between the ground and the tower.

The extra damage is done with the assist weapon of the other towers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon