Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
Delirious Island (2-8)
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject:  Delirious Island (2-8) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my second multiplayer map which is included in the 1.10 version of DTA. As you can see, it is an asymmetrical 8-player map located on an island. This means you can battle by land, air and sea. There are big amounts of tiberium to harvest, if you're brave and greedy enough to claim it as yours.

Delirious Island by Crash
View map in actual size (2688×1500)

Fun facts:

-This map took only a few days of hard work to make
-It is the second-to-be biggest DTA map after J4m3sb0nd's Radical Range

Compliments and constructive criticism are always welcome! Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just finished a match on this one against 7 AIs. It plays really nice. Though after i gained control over the centre field, the AI was no challenge anymore as it lost 90% of the ressources.

I found especially the small backdoors to the bases really useful. Twisted Evil

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate you, Crash. Stealing all the awesome for yourself. #Tongue

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What, you wanna join the staff, Orac? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need voxels or hand painted SHPs? #Tongue
Edit: getting to the map, this thing looks shiny. The only thing I don't much like is the abundance of Tiberium, which to me makes the game a little to simple. I personally prefer maps with less tiberium, or where players must share fields more. I really like the layout, it is very.. modern. Smile

Last edited by Orac on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Edit: getting to the map, this thing looks shiny. The only thing I don't much like is the abundance of Tiberium, which to me makes the game a little to simple. I personally prefer maps with less tiberium, or where players must share fields. I really like the layout, it is very.. modern. Smile

you do have to share fields on this map. There are only small tib fields with no tib trees in them in the player start locations. Then a little ways outside of the base in an area kinda between 2 start locations are somewhat larger fields with only a single tree. It's in the middle where you have quite a few trees and lots of tiberium.

anyways. Played it on enhanced and against 7 AIs. Gotta say it was quite fun because unlike quite a few other maps on the DTA pack the player start locations aren't jammed pack next to each other but are still kinda close. (even for my liking) As for gameplay goes it was fun but like LKO said once you take control of that middle area it's pretty much an instant win against all the AIs. (sadly i didn't even have to keep that center area highly protected once i had it...just about 5 microwave tanks and 8-10 light tanks did that job by themselves)

but the real kicker was the naval attacks i used to take out the enemies. Due to the AI not being able to build up and utilize the waters as say they do in RA2/YR i was able to create a squadron of Stealth Missle Sub thingies...and take out base by base with about 10 of them.

But on that note...the only real imbalance i found was that the bottom left and bottom middle start locations were a little better off against my navy. This may be an AI only deal though because the AI seems to want to build inland from those two spots more so than from the other spots. (i played the map twice to see)

but it surely was a fun map. good job crash.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

The only voxel I need right now is a new Carryall, because the current one I use looks rather rough (possibly a normals issue, I wouldn't know).
How do your hand painted SHPs look though? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since hand painting almost excludes the creation of frame based anims, how about drawing some new trees and rocks in the style of the TD stuff.

Public SHPs

Tools

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh? I've done tons of hand-drawn SHP anims. More specifically, building animations and buildups.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Eh? I've done tons of hand-drawn SHP anims. More specifically, building animations and buildups.

You're my hero. You get a small shrine in my new Tibetan temple to Regulus. #Tongue

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At last a large, playable 8 player map! and a good one!

The other 8 player maps set to max players are currently unplayable as they are so cramped for space

Well done Crash this is what DTA needs!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why are there four dead orca fighters up at the top in that crevice? thats pretty random if you ask me. Also, has anybody tried to make a map with different lighting settings yet?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone seems to always leave the lighting settings the way they already are by default... So I personally just slightly decreased the default lighting for maps myself, since it sometimes looks little better on remapable units.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Why are there four dead orca fighters up at the top in that crevice? thats pretty random if you ask me. Also, has anybody tried to make a map with different lighting settings yet?

The orcas look dumb, minor complaint tho

And ye, i never thought about it, i would love to see a TD map with some advanced lighting, it could look awesome

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how TD would look in an IonStorm. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only tried enabling an ion storm in DTA once... and it caused an IE at the time #Tongue

I did add light posts to DTA 1.10 however, in case anyone would like to give advanced lighting a go Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon