Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Missile Destroyer
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject:  Missile Destroyer
Subject description: Pride of the EDF Navy.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDF Missile Destroyer (Wilson Class)
Cost: 2000
Armor: Ship
Speed: Medium
Weapon:155mm Cannon
RIM-162 ESSM Launchers
Phalanx CIWS
Range: Medium-Long
Long
Medium-Long

The EDF 'Wilson' Class Missile Destroyer is the workhorse of the EDF Navy, equipped with a 155mm deck gun, rows of RIM-162 ESSM vertical launchers and 2 Phalanx CIWSs.

Destroyers since their conception were supposed to counter one thing- submarines. However, following the end of the Second Red War, the US deviated from this trend, with the unveiling of the Wilson Class Missile Destroyer. Unlike the previous Destroyers of former Allied nations, the Wilson Class had no anti-submarine abilities. Instead, the Wilson Class introduced the concept of the Fleet Support Destroyer (FSDD). The ship is well-suited for all situations. Using its 155mm deck gun, the Wilson class can protect capital ships from faster moving raider vessels and support ground troops. With its RIM-162 ESSMs, it can defend itself and the fleet from aircraft and helicopters, and with its dual Phalanx CIWSs can fire upon and destroy enemy ballistic missile threats before they can do damage.

Although the Wilson class lacks anti-submarine warfare capabilities, its sensor suite can detect hostile submarines, as to allow for Patrol Boats to dispatch them. It can also detect and attack invisible units, as well as help friendly units do the same.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Tue May 25, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not a huge fan of this boat..
It looks somewhat too short, to my eye. The back looks cramped - an extension of even as little as three pixels would likely fix that effect

Unit description is good. I like to read through the profiles Smile
Can it attack subs directly, or is that the task of another boat?

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of this boat..
It looks somewhat too short, to my eye. The back looks cramped - an extension of even as little as three pixels would likely fix that effect

Unit description is good. I like to read through the profiles Smile
Can it attack subs directly, or is that the task of another boat?

I agree with you. I'll fix this later tonight or early tomorrow.

It can't attack submarines directly, but it has a large detection radius, as to allow you to have maybe 1 Destroyer and 2 PT Boats if you really need to hunt down a Sub. (there is only 1 Sub in SS, mind you)

edit- 4 units longer

EDFDestroyer_Update.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.48 KB
 Viewed:  4197 Time(s)

EDFDestroyer_Update.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon