:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Welcome to the HyperPatch forum!
Moderators: Global Moderators, HyperPatch Moderators, CCHyper
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject:   Welcome to the HyperPatch forum! Reply with quote

HyperPatch is an unofficial patch or "exe hack" for Westwood Studios's C&C Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Expansion, based on the last released patch v2.03. The patch is currently being created by CCHyper. HyperPatch aims to expand the limits of the Tiberian Sun engine with new logics, expanding your modding possibilities, aswell as fixing bugs in the orignal Tiberian Sun code. It will be compatible with the standard TS, The First Decade and 'Free TS' installations.

Aswell as having the main HyperPatch forum located here at PPM, there will also be a page located at ModEnc to act as a online user guide, a offline user guide will also be released with the patch. The patch development is directed by CCHyper, but upon release there will be two appointed experienced users that will be around to help with any problems modders experience.

Alongside HyperPatch, there will be a non "exe hack" patch being devolved, this is Tiberian Sun 2.04 and its aim is to fix bugs, be they graphical or coding that still remain in the latest version of the game. There is a possible chance of this patch becoming an official patch on the XWIS server.

Any feature or logic spoken about in these forums can not guaranteed to be in any version of the patch, the same goes with release dates. Please take into mind that things change and are always subject to change.

Enjoy your stay and feel free to post anything in the HyperPatch forums, there are selected topics for each subject, from Suggestions to Internal Errors.

Credit
Credit goes to Wolven for the new GDI and Nod logos that are being used for the new HyperPatch icon

-CCHyper

Last edited by CCHyper on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:09 am; edited 5 times in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the forum public. Congrats dude, I look forward to seeing the progress you make in this project. Smile

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, finally a forum to talk about it, that topic was getting rather large Laughing
Congratulations Hyper, cant wait till HP is released Very Happy

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean that Hyperpatch is close to an initial release?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to fix "fourm" and other typos Wink

Twisted Insurrection co-leader

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats dude, nice to see you're hosted. Very Happy

Player1
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, look at that. Good you went public mate Wink

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the HyperPatch fourm! Reply with quote

ahhh... I hope, it will be released soon Smile So many fixes, so many possibilities...

CCHyper wrote:
Tiberian Sun 2.04

sorry for asking (and I know that I sound n00bish now), but where can I find a topic about it, for suggestions and ideas...? I searched and didn't get anything, I searched by myself, but couldn't find anything neither...

And another question - why not merge Hypers Patch with the inofficial '2.04'? It could improve the inofficial patch a lot, imagine just few things, like new armor types .... Something like 'very light' IS needed, imo, it would be an armor typ which normal rifle infantries could destroy as easy as anti tank weapons. Thus the normal infantry wouldn't become completely useless in the lategame, etc... I see there a lot of possibilities.

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TS 2.04 has no own forum. It's goal is just to fix all the bugs (ini and exe) in 2.03.
Several of these ini bugs that will be fixed are listed on tibweb.

TS 2.04 however will not change any balancing, beside the things WW already did (e.g. giving the artillery a correct inaccurate projectile in TS, not only FS). The game should still be called original, but fixed and not modded.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant unit, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the HyperPatch fourm! Reply with quote

Ordosherrscher wrote:
sorry for asking (and I know that I sound n00bish now), but where can I find a topic about it, for suggestions and ideas...? I searched and didn't get anything, I searched by myself, but couldn't find anything neither...

There are topics on the way, LKO is heading this patch at the moment, so once i get word form him, i will update it.

Ordosherrscher wrote:
And another question - why not merge Hypers Patch with the inofficial '2.04'? It could improve the inofficial patch a lot, imagine just few things, like new armor types .... Something like 'very light' IS needed, imo, it would be an armor typ which normal rifle infantries could destroy as easy as anti tank weapons. Thus the normal infantry wouldn't become completely useless in the lategame, etc... I see there a lot of possibilities.

TS v2.04 will be stand alone, but in the future there is a chance that the two will merge for the sake of it being needed for the fixing of logics.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
TS 2.04 has no own forum. It's goal is just to fix all the bugs (ini and exe) in 2.03.

Well, yes, I knew this, though I just searched a Thread were I could post some suggestions - like adding to all Buildings (also Civil...) in the Art.ini an dummy BuildUp (the same as the building shp itself), so they could be used on a map, without the 'non sellable' bug
Another thing which came into my mind, were small changes like improved AI and setting the paranoid tag to 'no' (which would make online game more enjoyable, imo)

Just some little things. Even if I would like to see a new balance, it wasn't the main goal of my question Smile

But thanks for the infos, guys. Even if I read a lot (well, enough^^), I seem to miss sometimes some informations #Tongue

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got no clue why you stick to binary hacking where there are much much cooler methods that work just as well with TS. Cool

But anyway, good luck with this, man! Smile
You sure can do better than your predecessor with ETS.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your wonderful Syringe is a much better and fluid method, i just like binary hacking! #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Jump to: