:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Suggestions and Bugs
Moderators: Global Moderators, HyperPatch Moderators, CCHyper
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 6 [299 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject:   Suggestions and Bugs
Subject description: Topic that houses the suggestions and bug list, aswell as discuss new ideas.

Suggestions and Bugs

Note: Nothing in this topic is guaranteed to be in any version of the patch.

Use this topic to post up any suggestions you have for the patch, any nice ideas or logics/features you always thought would be nice to see. This topic is also for any bugs in the vanilla v2.03 Tiberian Sun you have found or some across that are beyond any INI edits and require new code to repair.

Please make sure your suggestions and bugs are in bold or stand out from your main post in some visible way.

-CCHyper

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post it here, even though I've already told you. VideoBackBuffer would be a great feature to your patch. And no, I'm not trying to force you to do it but I miss TS and TI. :'(

Player1
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT/AP mines
SHPs for Aircrafts
Iron Curtain
Chronosphere
Paradrop

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AT/AP mines

Can be done with special warheads that only affect infantry/vehicles. Since HyperPatch adds more armortypes (right?), this should be even simpler.

Quote:
SHPs for Aircrafts

And/or allow turrets/multiple sections for voxel aircraft, so that rotors would finally be possible.

Quote:
Iron Curtain

That reminds me, there's still the Invulnerability crate bonus that, at least according to ModEnc, still works in TS/FS. I haven't tested it, but I assume it doesn't create a red glow around the unit or anything.

Here are some more suggestions:

- The drop pods in TS have a left-over animation that would play as the drop pod hits the ground. There's even an AudioVisual flag DropPodPuff= for it, but this flag has no effect whatsoever. Care to take a look at it?

- Veins on slopes never attack a passing unit regardless of VeinProof. What's with this? Is it possible to fix?

- Screen shake. Possible to recreate? Note that the Ion Cannon does move the screen up and down upon impact. Either recreate it like Red Alert, so that units and buildings with Strength > value would shake the screen when destroyed, OR like in Red Alert 2, so that warheads may shake the screen via special flags.

- Possible to allow more cloak sounds? For variety, so that a cloaking/decloaking object randomly plays one of the sounds in CloakSound list, and/or to allow different objects use different cloak/decloak sounds (so you could have submarines and stealth tanks on the same mod).

- This has propably been suggested before, but why are players unable to see their own messages after sending them in an online game?

- Jumpjet Infantry tumble (falling) death. I recall it's impossible right now, and the infantry type will always explode when killed.

Twisted Insurrection co-leader

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mulitple droppods that allow for the infantry to be customized would be uber super.

Also: Airstrike type super weapon!

multiple harvesters and mcvs would be a definite crowd pleaser as well.

being able to spawn faction specific infantry from buildings would also be a major improvement as well.

Most of these, however, aren't bugs at all, and are not really THAT important. Sad

Player1
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editing the harvester harvesting animation would also be nice.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small suggestion to you Hyper: put the features you already have in your first post, so ppl won't keep requesting those Wink

As for HP suggestions: letting the AI be able to gather their teams near their base and near the enemy base as in RA2 would be wunderbar #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimsonum wrote:
Quote:
Iron Curtain

That reminds me, there's still the Invulnerability crate bonus that, at least according to ModEnc, still works in TS/FS. I haven't tested it, but I assume it doesn't create a red glow around the unit or anything.

Here are some more suggestions:

- The drop pods in TS have a left-over animation that would play as the drop pod hits the ground. There's even an AudioVisual flag DropPodPuff= for it, but this flag has no effect whatsoever. Care to take a look at it?

- Veins on slopes never attack a passing unit regardless of VeinProof. What's with this? Is it possible to fix?

- Screen shake. Possible to recreate? Note that the Ion Cannon does move the screen up and down upon impact. Either recreate it like Red Alert, so that units and buildings with Strength > value would shake the screen when destroyed, OR like in Red Alert 2, so that warheads may shake the screen via special flags.

- Possible to allow more cloak sounds? For variety, so that a cloaking/decloaking object randomly plays one of the sounds in CloakSound list, and/or to allow different objects use different cloak/decloak sounds (so you could have submarines and stealth tanks on the same mod).

- This has propably been suggested before, but why are players unable to see their own messages after sending them in an online game?

- Jumpjet Infantry tumble (falling) death. I recall it's impossible right now, and the infantry type will always explode when killed.

- Added to my bug list, i will look into this.
- Again, added to my list.
- I can confirm this feature is in HyperPatch
- I can confirm this feature is in HyperPatch
- Added to bug list, i will look into message handling.
- Im sure i looked at this before, but i will flag it again in my list.

Player1 wrote:
Editing the harvester harvesting animation would also be nice.

You mean HARVESTR.SHP? I am currently working on such a feature Smile

Dutchygamer wrote:
Just a small suggestion to you Hyper: put the features you already have in your first post, so ppl won't keep requesting those Wink

A Feature list will be release in due course, as i posted in the orignal topic, HyperPatch is going though internal testing.

Astor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Working helicopters with rotors

-Spy Sat like in RA/RA2

-Working spys

-Working AI walls for GDI (so people don't need to use the Nod wall for them)

-Working Orca Transport/Drophsip

-Loading screen support for new sides

-Mutation of trees into tiberium trees

-More tiberium types

-Working teams in skirmish with AI

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astor wrote:
-More tiberium types

Aren't 4 enough?
Anyways, i doubt that Hyper will give these a high priority as it isn't that easy to add new tiberium types. The problem is that these have hardcoded references to indices in the overlaytypes list.
e.g. Cruentus is hardcoded to use the overlays from index 28 to 39 and also to don't have/use any slope tibpatches, thus cruentus will crash the game when you try to spawn it on a slope.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant unit, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something which is probably impossible, anyway, I will mention it: Adding Art.ini to a map!

Sensor Bug. If you move a subterrain unit into the field of a mobile sensor, then surface and some units were ordered to attack the unit, it will be still get attacked even if it burries again, while burried it can't (obviously) get destroyed, so the nits continue to attack, though the damage will be the same -> you may kill a whole basis through this bug . . .

The veinhole itself doesnt attack. You may place units on the egde of it...

Firestorm glitch

There seems to be a cap with the transfer of maps. It's never faster then a specified speed...

Visceroid Bug. If a 2x2 (or greater) building is surrounded with walls, and you open just one edge, the visceroids wont able to attack.
The Visceroids cant attack a unit if it is in a closed line. there is an egde needed.

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlay types at index #3 and #27 have High=yes forced on them; remove this.

By default these are the GDI and Nod walls (GAWALL/NAWALL) and they already have High=yes in their code. If you move them to a different index however and put a different overlay type in their original position, that overlay can't be fired over with any projectiles that don't have High=yes in their code.
Considering the High=yes flag that can be added to any overlay types has the same effect and works perfectly fine, it's rather pointless (and sometimes also annoying) to also have it hardcoded.

Allen
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

List in order of I would like first

-Working Orca Transport to move infantry

-More "Action=" for superweapons: The DontUse's Action need to have some graphics put with them. If graphics can be put to DontUse2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 and 8 this may be the quick fix for this.

-Logic for Drophsip so it can carry vehicles. Like seen in SP maps

-Logic for a Hovercraft that can carry vehicles. Like in RA2

-Nod and GDI MCVs

-Fix Spy logic : Not a must

-Add/fix Dog logic : Not a must, but will be needed if spys are in the game

I would like to see a Airstrike type super weapon. I'm not sure that this can be done.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came up with more based on other people's suggestions:

Quote:
-Working spys

What doesn't work is the Thief= flag, and the ability to reveal enemy's movement is bugged. If the spy infiltrates a radar building, it reveals the infiltrated building owner's units and buildings to ALL players.

Quote:
-More tiberium types

This reminds me of something else related to Tiberium. The shadows are somehow misplaced, I'm not sure whether the engine uses a wrong shadow frame for the normal frame or something else, but the shadows almost always float a few pixels right from the Tiberium pod. I guess it could be fixed by editing the shadow frames themselves, though that may be very difficult/near impossible.

Maybe it's also possible to allow more than one InfantryType to evacuate from a destroyed unit/building depending on the owner of the unit/building, like in Red Alert 2? Also more than one kind of Engineer unit from a CY (if only you can allow two or more CYs). Oh and is it possible to define an InfantryType as a pilot that would eject from aircraft upon it's destruction (NOT when it hits the ground, but the moment it looses all of its HP in air)? I think I've had a light infantry unit spawn very rarely from a crashed aircraft right as it explodes on the ground, killing the infantry unit instantly.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few things off the top of my head:

1. A key that allows you to set the distance of the stealth scan provided by Sensors=yes. Right now this key allows the unit to detect units 1 square away. It would be good to be able to do this to every unit individually.

2. Working CloakStop key. Right now it does nothing. It should stealth the unit when its not moving or firing.

3. AIOnly or some similarly named key. Makes the unit / building only available to the AI. Right now this can be done with either Techlevel=-1, prerequisite that can't be met, or BuildLimit=0. This isn't really that important, but it would be more obvious for people who are not aware of these workaround tricks.

4. Fix the bug that happens when a unit is inside a building that has Hospital=yes or Armory=yes, and that building gets sold or undeployed. Either of these cause the unit to dissapear from the game, but still "exist" in the game. Once this happens the match can never end as you can't kill the dissapeared unit. When the building is destroyed while a unit is inside, the unit is removed from the game. So this only happens when the building is sold or undeployed.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of CloakStop, is there an opposite to this? When a unit is moving it is cloaked but is visible while still?

EDIT: Looks like I got turned about half way through that post...

Last edited by Orac on Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more ideas:

1. Key that allows a VehicleType to be unaffected by EMP based weapons. EMPResistant or something.

2. Key that disables the Carryall from carrying a specific unit. Right now the carryall can lift up even massive mechs which looks stupid.

3. Key that allows a vehicle crush other vehicles? The train logic is in the game but its bugged as it can take out buildings too.

4. A single building being able to produce both infantry and vehicles, maybe aircraft too. Like C&C 4 crawlers do.

5. You listed Power Up and Overcharge superweapons in the feature list. I'm assuming one of these temporarily boosts the power levels? Anyway, it would be nice if the AI would know to use it when they reach critically low power, a value you could enter by hand maybe. It would be even better if there was slight randomization when the AI decided to use it or not so it wouldn't be so predictable and exploitable by human players. For example they would use it between -300 to -500 power. Not sure if this would involve too much work but just a suggestion Razz

6. AI building walls like they do in RA2, walling up important buildings like con.yards and superweapons. Maybe even wall up warfactory and build a gate at the front? That would look funny.

Ok I'm going to stop spamming suggestions now.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When a unit is standing still it is cloaked but when moving is visible?

That's what SuperJoe said, do you want it to cloak when moving and become visible when standing still?

Quote:
Key that allows a VehicleType to be unaffected by EMP based weapons. EMPResistant or something.

There's already one, the Core Defender was immune to EMP.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellyfish and Visceroid are EMP immune too.
NonVehicle=yes does the trick. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which key in Core Defender makes him EMP immune? I couldn't find anything, unless its the IsCoreDefender=yes key. As a side effect this changes the health bar of the unit into a building health bar. Or is the Core Defender hard-coded to be EMP immune? Confused

Jellyfish and Visceroid keys have severe side effects (jellyfish for weapon, visceroid for movement). NonVehicle=yes doesn't make the unit EMP immune as far as I could tell from testing. Cyborg Reapers and another unit in my mod have NonVehicle=yes, but they are still disabled by EMPs.

EMPResistant and NoCarryall behavior are already in the game, but they come with other side effects. Jellyfish and Visceroid keys make vehicles EMP resistant but come with the side effects mentioned above, and NonVehicle key disables Carryalls from carrying that unit, but the side effect is that the unit can't be repaired, can't carry infantry and can't be captured by hijackers. Could these new keys be created "easily" by removing the other effects from the already existing keys?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yep, you're right. Just tested it again and NonVehicle is really EMPable.

But the EMPimmunity of the Coredefender is really bound to the IsCoreDefender key. (tested; several of my very big mechs use this and are EMPimmune)

Public SHPs

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazy Westwood! #Cussing out Why couldn't they have seperated the two features of IsCoreDefender (selection box and EMP immunity) into two flags?!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the same way you could ask, why they haven't done NonVehicle into 3 different keys: CarryallTransport=yes/no, Repairable=yes/no (on repairbay and via mobile repair veh), Capturable=yes/no (via vehiclethief)

The answer is, they had free access to the code and it was much easier for them to change the code than to edit an ini.
Though i admit that this is a quite near-sighted policy. Sad

Public SHPs

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperJoe wrote:

3. Key that allows a vehicle crush other vehicles? The train logic is in the game but its bugged as it can take out buildings too.

Well, giving a unit Crushable=yes makes them crushable just fine, but I agree there should be a logic that only allows certain vehicles to crush vehicles.
Currently vehicles that have Crusher=yes will be able to crush crushable vehicles, so I think it would be best if a flag like VehicleCrusher would be added, which'll allow a vehicle to crush vehicles that don't have crushable=yes.
In addition to that also a flag like TooBigToBeCrushed (figured that wouldn't be such a bad name, since there's also "TooBigToFitUnderBridge", but you could of course also go with something simpler like "Uncrushable"), which'd make certain units uncrushable to vehicles that have VehicleCrusher as well (it would be rather silly to see 1 Mammoth Mk. II crush another, no? #Tongue).
So this way, mods that have small vehicles that are the size of infantry which are supposed to be crushed by any vehicle that can crush infantry won't get in trouble.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just copy the names from RA2 and YR (OmniCrusher, etc.) to avoid confusion between TS/RA2 modders.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, don't add too many keys. The RA2 keys are pretty confusing if you ask me. There is no need for all 5 keys
Crushable
OmniCrushResistant
Crusher
OmniCrusher
Train
e.g. what happens if you set OmniCrushResistant=yes and Crushable=yes?

Better add something like
CrushWeight=int ;all vehicles can be crushed with Crushable=yes and their weight below the set value

Then the existing weight key can be used again and you have to add only one key.

Public SHPs

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again these might be too hard to implement but anyway:

1. Allow AI triggers to have multiple conditions (even 2 would be alot better). Right now you can only enter a single condition. With multiple conditions you could make the AI play alot smarter, for example you could make the AI check if the enemy has more than 5 samsites or if he has low power, and if either is true then send in an air attack. Also right now it's impossible to make MCV replace triggers where the AI doesn't cheat, because you have to use the condition to check if the AI has a construction yard, which means you can't use it to check if the AI has met the prerequisites to build an MCV. Similar multi-conditions could be used to make the AI build counter units to what you have better.

2. Dynamic prerequisite checks. In RA2 if you lose the tech center, you lose the ability to build high tech units. In TS, you can lose the tech center or simply sell it right after you've build it, and you can still build all the high tech units. It would make more sense if it worked like it does in RA2, and it would make it more important to protect weak structures like tech centers.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperJoe wrote:
Again these might be too hard to implement but anyway:

1. Allow AI triggers to have multiple conditions (even 2 would be alot better). Right now you can only enter a single condition. With multiple conditions you could make the AI play alot smarter, for example you could make the AI check if the enemy has more than 5 samsites or if he has low power, and if either is true then send in an air attack. Also right now it's impossible to make MCV replace triggers where the AI doesn't cheat, because you have to use the condition to check if the AI has a construction yard, which means you can't use it to check if the AI has met the prerequisites to build an MCV. Similar multi-conditions could be used to make the AI build counter units to what you have better.

2. Dynamic prerequisite checks. In RA2 if you lose the tech center, you lose the ability to build high tech units. In TS, you can lose the tech center or simply sell it right after you've build it, and you can still build all the high tech units. It would make more sense if it worked like it does in RA2, and it would make it more important to protect weak structures like tech centers.

I like that first one. Problem is: how will you implement it? Make it so all triggers must be updated, or have it as an extra (which may bring some coding problems).

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger conditions i will not attempt to work on for some time, the event system of the game is very, very tied into the logic of the game frame progression and network step.

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more Options for flying vehicles would be great

-making it possible to make air units, which permanently fly (while beeing able to use all weapons (machineguns etc.)) and land by beinig deployed (like the assault choppers in ra2).

-possibility to make airfields which work like a war factory (producing units which then fly off after beeing produced)

-possibility to make infantery with the abilities of air units.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to 2.
Why dont you use alt?

Player1
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add, Animation Attacks, see attack dog RA95, RA2.

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

Location: Birmingham Posts: Unable To Comply Posting In Progress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might have all ready being said but anyways.

1.The RA2 Nuclear missile logic (the building animation, the missile shoting-up and down and the raidiation(yes i know that there is a work around for this)).

2.The RA2 Cell spead Feature for all WarHeads.

3.The RA2 Cloning Ability.

4.The RA2 Mind Control Ability (Both Normal and Perma).

Yes they are all RA2 features but they are the only reason i like to mod RA2 and if they are in TS that would Complete it.
120 GB agility 3 SSD
Sapphire HD 7870 (non OC edition) OC'ed
Corsair AX1200
Corsair A50
Cooler masters HAF 192 w/ 5 Red led fans

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that would be really awesome would be multilayered maps with underground
(like in Earth 2150 or Heroes of Might and Magic 3-5)
with tunnels between the two layers, a button for changing the viewed layer and subterranean
units beeing able to enter the underground layer directly
(Maybe even making them move through it while being underground).

Also maybe with the underground beeing seen through holes in the upper layer ...

I don't know wether its possible or not (though I somehow think it can't be that difficult (maybe by dividing a map into two or loading two maps at the same time (?)) but I'm having ideas for which I would need something like that.

Also would it be possible inculding in the hyperpatch an option to make units transform into another unit after beeing destroyed ?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player1 wrote:
Forgot to add, Animation Attacks, see attack dog RA95, RA2.

Researching these already

CalChillin wrote:
They might have all ready being said but anyways.

1.The RA2 Nuclear missile logic (the building animation, the missile shoting-up and down and the raidiation(yes i know that there is a work around for this)).

2.The RA2 Cell spead Feature for all WarHeads.

3.The RA2 Cloning Ability.

4.The RA2 Mind Control Ability (Both Normal and Perma).

Yes they are all RA2 features but they are the only reason i like to mod RA2 and if they are in TS that would Complete it.

1) Researching currently
2) Dont understand the CellSpread logic...
3) Researching currently
4) This requires a lot of code, so at the moment i wont be researching more into this.

DavyCrockett wrote:
Another thing that would be really awesome would be multilayered maps with underground
(like in Earth 2150 or Heroes of Might and Magic 3-5)
with tunnels between the two layers, a button for changing the viewed layer and subterranean
units beeing able to enter the underground layer directly
(Maybe even making them move through it while being underground).

Also maybe with the underground beeing seen through holes in the upper layer ...

I don't know wether its possible or not (though I somehow think it can't be that difficult (maybe by dividing a map into two or loading two maps at the same time (?)) but I'm having ideas for which I would need something like that.

Also would it be possible inculding in the hyperpatch an option to make units transform into another unit after beeing destroyed ?

Nice idea, but im not going to work on such a feature, would take too much time.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC there's a bug that prevents veins from spreading once they have come contact (and thus have been prevented once from spreading) with another, removable overlay (walls or Tiberium). Maybe you could take a look at the vein spreading logic and see what causes this? Maybe the veins should "refresh" by certain rate to see whether they can spread or not. If blocked once, they would refresh later and spread if the block has been removed.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, though, they get refreshed when you harvest it ...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be very beneficial for mappers and mod leaders if a key such as "Author=" would be added to maps (under [Basic], I'd expect) and then have the text entered after it displayed on top of- or below the map preview image (in the skirmish or game host lobby).
It might be easiest to just have it replace the "Preview" text which is displayed over the minimaps.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just use a text trigger at the beginning of the map?

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCHyper wrote:
Nice idea, but im not going to work on such a feature, would take too much time.

But are the other things possible?
Quote:
more Options for flying vehicles would be great

-making it possible to make air units, which permanently fly (while beeing able to use all weapons (machineguns etc.)) and land by beinig deployed (like the assault choppers in ra2).

-possibility to make airfields which work like a war factory (producing units which then fly off after beeing produced)

Quote:
units transform into another unit after beeing destroyed[

huhnu
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm personally not a huge TS/FS modder, but isn't just like the Jump Jet Trooper? :S

Angry Bum Bob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few things the game could use.

A restart buttom on skirmish mode.
Being able to toggle superweapons on and off when starting a multiplayer/skirmish game.
Being able to chose starting locations.

^ these stuff are in yuris revenge. But it would be awsome if it could be done in tiberian sun some how.

I noticed that cyborg commando is supposed to have a secondary fire ability that is called flame bomb ore something. In fact, when reading the original manual of tiberian sun, alot of the units don't match their description.

Theres some other stuff i know but that i can't remember atm Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Bum Bob wrote:
I noticed that cyborg commando is supposed to have a secondary fire ability that is called flame bomb ore something.

Open your rules.ini and add it yourself. Wink WW simply removed it due to balancing reasons, because this weapon would have made the commando weaker than stronger.
In addition is this for suggestions which need an exe hack. Things like these which can be done with a simple ini edit don't belong here. So check first if your next suggestion isn't already achievable with ini modding. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Bum Bob wrote:
-A restart buttom on skirmish mode.
-Being able to toggle superweapons on and off when starting a multiplayer/skirmish game.
-Being able to chose starting locations.

-Maybe so, ill look into this.
-Looking into this too.
-Not for a long time im afraid.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

option to chose enemies actually including enemy house colour, i hate to play against pink pussies

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Angry Bum Bob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Check first if your next suggestion isn't already achievable with ini modding. Wink

Laughing ah! yeah good point.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blubb wrote:
i hate to play against pink pussies
Laughing
QFTW

Public SHPs

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

Paranoia
Cyborg Specialist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Bum Bob wrote:

Being able to toggle superweapons on and off when starting a multiplayer/skirmish game.

This can be achieved simply by reserving tech level 10 solely for super weapons - switching between level 9 and 10 then means toggling super weapons on and off.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A button for it wouldn't harm anyone, though.

vladek515
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-customizable drop pods
-selecting infantry for drop pods
-patrol action when you press a key and set a point on the ma it would patrol from the position where the unit is to the set point and when it has reached the point it would reverse and go to the start location

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 6 [299 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Jump to: