Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TFTD Redux model pack [.max]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject:  TFTD Redux model pack [.max] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I like to share this model pack with you guys. You need to have 3ds max 9 or newer to open these. I've left couple of models out because I might be using them in other projects. If you really need some of them as .3ds files, please let me know. Sorry no images or textures included. And don't bother posting those "this topic is useless without pictures" emoticons because you can find them at TFTDR's forums or moddb profile (as textured though.)

Link: http://www.moddb.com/games/x-com-terror-from-the-deep-rts-conversion/addons/tftd-redux-model-pack

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still:I bet there's something useful for mods like Evo...

I mean,better donate it to a mod.There are lots of 3D packs around,but barely anybody uses them,and if they do,they are heavily criticized.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

using public assets = you getting raped for what ever reason.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
using public assets = you getting raped for what ever reason.

Because some like to make all assets by themselves or hand a job over to a team member.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But that is because there aren't very many packs of similarly styled voxels/shps - if there were more good looking groups of voxels, public resources would have less of a stigma, I believe.

Last edited by Orac on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, these are public assests, so what? Are you saying "ztype off for sharing un-used assets" or what? I bet no one uses those straightly with the same look and textures because most of them are very basic shaped. Slight editing could make them look very different than anyone else would do.

These stays public no matter what you say.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not saying you shouldn't release them to public. Of course you should, and you did. Unfortunatelly I myself have no use for them right now (propably never until I learn to use 3ds max) Neutral

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: max Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3dmax isnt that hard. i can make my computer work, do a few things, im no genius, but I managed to grasp the basics. It also didnt hurt that I know how to use BSP (map maker for digitalpaint/quake). Knowing that came in handy.

Um...some mighty purty stuff you have there.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!