Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RedUtils: current status + future plans
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [52 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject:  RedUtils: current status + future plans Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firstly, thank you, Banshee Smile

Now, about the utilities (they're made with Delphi, if anyone's interested) :

My INI checker is almost finished, all I have to do now is to tweak the interface, but the core is complete and (so far) flawless. So expect it to be done during next week.

As for the AI editor, I started coding it, and only problem I encountered so far was that spaces in TriggerType name confuse the trigger parser... I'll have to work around it somehow or just replace the spaces with underscores.

Also, JhonnyRey's idea for AI Randomizer (to randomly create extra ai stuff to increase variety of attacks) is pretty cool and I shall start coding it asap.

I'll try to put up some screenshots next week if you're interested.

Any ideas for new utilities or improvement of these are welcome.

Last edited by John Galt on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i deas for the randomizer

it must let your extra mod units added in
it must know what units to put in, in categorys for example siege units tank units anti infantry units
etc

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are the screenshots.
If you have any improvement ideas (I'm thinking about where to put the Support TeamType setup), they're very welcome.

And I'm thinking about doing randomization this way:
read rules.ini -> inftypes, vehtypes, airtypes. Build a list of all entries , sort them by their Category= tag, and then assign them to suitable roles. Of course, this requires that you have all Category= tags correct. From DZ's guide, I know that they'ręe pretty screwed up.

ini_checker.jpg
 Description:
INI checker.
 Filesize:  158.02 KB
 Viewed:  21906 Time(s)

ini_checker.jpg

ai_editor.jpg
 Description:
AI Editor. Needs a better layout.
 Filesize:  209.52 KB
 Viewed:  21836 Time(s)

ai_editor.jpg

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: New utility soon to be started Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking for a pcx->shp converter, b/c the XCC one doesn't like my files Sad Didn't find it, so d/l ed lots of tech info about them both and am hoping to code it soon.

Is this needed? Or maybe I overlooked some existing utility?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xcc utilities BUT ur files need to end with a space and 4 numbers with 0000 for the first frame for example 2 frames scm.shp(name randomly chosen) has scm 0000.pcx for frame 1 and scm 0001.pcx for frame 2

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edit: lol, it was my IrfanView setting (Resample) (I think). Fixed it so far. Anyway, is that utility a good idea or should I leave XCC without competition? Smile

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

leave xcc cause it will leave everything in 1 place

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This AI Editor really rocks, Nobody!!! I'm really thinking about using it, because it's much faster to use a tool like that than using wordpad and consulting my own tutorials... Really. Good Job... and the Ini Checker also looks great Smile.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, be sure to let us know when its done, looks really useful! cant wait!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still think the UI (user interface) could be improved.

Nobody why didn't you respond to my last e-mail?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe you can have it so that you can edit the ini right in the cheaker to if you cant already

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, maybe, eventually, u can make it like SunEdit2K typ thing, where you can choose stuff from a drop-down list and itll edit the code for you, cause right now, although it might be quicker, u still haev to know how to edit AI.ini, like what the commands are and stuff

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
JhonnyRey
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! i am JhonnyRey, from the deezire's forum. Sorry for being late with the randomizer algorithm, i am working on it in Pascal, but it simply resists to get thinks working Mad
I wonder also how will be the unitlist.ini , and if it still is going to be in the randomizer, i think that the category=tag is still a little inefficient, i mean, i only saw AFV category used, and dont know if there is another...
Well, hope you have luck with the parser, because pascal doesnt have parser capabilites at all... Rolling Eyes
Thanks for your time

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, JR!

I looked at DZ's guide and found this:
Quote:

The following categories are valid in Red Alert 2;-

AirLift Air Transport
AirPower Air Combat Support
Transport Transport Vehicle
Support Miscellaneous Support Vehicle
LRFS Long Range (Indirect) Fire Support
IFV Infantry Fighting Vehicle
AFV Armored Fighting Vehicle
Recon Reconnaisance Vehicle
VIP Important infantry
Soldier Infantry unit

So all the prog needs is for ppl to get their Categories fixed.

And about that algo... I feel pretty bad about asking you to do so much work with such an ineffective stuff as TP Sad If you think you can't do it, then don't do it Smile My algo is good, although it might be a little slow (that's why I asked you to sketch your ideas, maybe you can come up with a faster way). So if you're still interested, keep doing it (or just use pseudocode [dunno how that's called in english, what we call pseudocode is "a freestyle code, you just write stuff in plain text to help your initial ideas"]). If not, just say so. Then I'll use my current algo for it...
And that parser is really easy in Delphi, mainly b/c of new built-in classes, such as TINIFile and TStringList.
With the category tag, I think we won't need unitlist.ini, it'll take info straight from the Rules' [**types]... that reduces modders' work. I'm starting the coding right now.
Anyway, good luck Smile And don't thank me for my time, I still don't have anything better to do, so this is just a way to avoid boredom Very Happy

JhonnyRey
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, im still working on the code
the idea of the unitlist thing is to avoid, for example, a rush of dogs supported by engineers (RA2 is capable of that kind of stuff) so, how can we prevent that with categories from rules.ini?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This stuff is looking GREAT. I'm looking forward a lot to ai editor. And the randomizer is a very good idea. It's a lot of work for me to add variation to the AI, i keep copying/pasting for ages.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People, I need YOUR help! Smile You see the AI Editor screenshot above, so where do you suggest to put Support Team stuff?
I was thinking to move standard teamtype to the left of TriggerType, and cloning it all to the right for the support Team/Task/Script, but my 1024x768 isn't wide enough for it Sad
Maybe another window is needed? Any other ideas?
Thank you.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One way could be to turn the AI Triggers list in to a seperate window opened from a menu.

BTW, any chance if I could test the INI checker?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried attaching it to my post before, but it failed. Probably because it's over 250 kb... I'll try to get myself hosted somewhere, until then I can only send it to your email. OK?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lessen the size of the trigger selection menu so u can paste in above that

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can retry, Nobody. The attachment problem was reached (we have over 150mb of attachments at this forum already :S)

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
you can retry, Nobody. The attachment problem was reached (we have over 150mb of attachments at this forum already :S)

problem reached are you sure you dont mean limit

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, I mean limit and limit is a problem, so I'm not wrong at all... anyway, the attachment problem is fixed. (and now I really mean problem Wink)

doog
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could you make a thing to delete all the semi colon junk i don't it would be that hard to make but its just a request

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

INI Checker already has an 'Erase comments' button. And that wipes _all_ comments from the file.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GIVE IT TO ME! (talking about the ini checker)

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here, catch Very Happy As stated in other topic, it's still a beta (damn, I'm getting tired of saying this every time Smile). Anyway, your feedback is what will help me improve it.

JhonnyRey
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still working on the generator code... it is a pascal-made file, named aiwiter...
by now, it reads a unitlist, randomize some stuff and then mess up everitihng Oops! Oops! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
But i am still working.... hope not to be too much late...
I think that the problem will be solved in a max time of two weeks ( i have a lot of exams this week) and then i can post it...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take your time, man, take your time, there's no rush Smile I'm also busy with Massive Destruction mod, so little time for extra programming Smile

JhonnyRey
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol... its funny...
its a 3 kb program, but i made a mistake in the code and generated a 43 mb text file!!!! it almost destroyed my OS...
But its getting better...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehehe.. mistakes with loops and memory management and this kind of stuff are very dangerous Wink, but Delphi doesnt cover much memory management part like C does, but still dangerous...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe... Yeah, but if the program takes more than expected to run, you usually can Ctrl-Break out of it (if you run it from within pascal, not form windows). If you terminate such a program from task manager, you'll have to restart Delphi/Pascal...
BTW, JR, I almost never see you online on MSN/ICQ Sad I'd like to talk to you sometime (after your exams are over, of course).

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have remade the AI editor's interface. Tell me what you think:

new_ai_editor.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.56 KB
 Viewed:  19547 Time(s)

new_ai_editor.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's much better.... just the AI Trigger Types has no label indicating it....

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we download the AI editor yet? I really need one. Very Happy

Oh yeah, does it write directly to the AI(md).ini file?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u can dl AI editor here and it will write to w/e file u open in it, if u open ai.ini, it will write to there. if u open aimd.ini it will write to there

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exclamation Notice: I've just detected a strange bug ;( Strange nobody else found it before, maybe it was my own fault... I've fixed it, and the new version is attached. Please re d/l this vers, as it (hopefully) has that bug fixed. I hope you understand that this is still not a finished release, so ... make a backup, just in case... Rolling Eyes Exclamation
If you still happen to find a bug, inform me about it ASAP.

Note: I'm attaching this here because I can only upload it to Ren's server via sending him an e-mail (that's my ISP's fault, not his), and it doesn't happen in an instant... And I definitely don't want anyone upset after using a screwed version Wink

ai_editor.rar
 Description:
Latest version...

Download
 Filename:  ai_editor.rar
 Filesize:  248.13 KB
 Downloaded:  323 Time(s)

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, since XCC rarely works at compressing PCX into SHPs, maybe you could make a program to do that.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

weird... XCC works fine... Nobody, feel free to post in the Site News (under PPM Zone) when any of your tools is released or updated, so people might know it from the news of the site.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, I will... soon Wink

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, well it wont compress SHP files for me. oh well.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with making any program that does anything with shp's is you need to be able to read ships (well have an understanding of how the file is made up)

anyway the only way to do this is rearly to look at previously made documents (or if u know c to look at xcc code) anyway looking at This

Quote:

===================
5. THE .SHP FILES
===================

The .SHP files contain almost all the graphics : units, structures, trees,...
The header has the following structure :

Header : record
NumImages : word; {Number of images}
A,B : word; {Unknown}
Width,
Height : word; {Width and Height of the images}
C : longint; {Unknown}
end;

i have tryed that code out, and its compelatly wrong, the varibles are not whats commented down. (you can easily check which are the ones for width, height, etc by looking at what ones give the same results as xcc tools)

once you work out the correct order, you also have to work out the dreaded format80, format40 and format20 everything is BADLY documentated and imo doesn't help at all.

if only wills shp editor was open source.

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you oughta make ur INI checker delete the temXX files after its done, it gets annoying having em clutter my folder when im done, they move my files around in there

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, i noticed those too. at least move them to go into the temp folder so they arent as annoying, but deleting them would be even better.

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea

Psycho
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the checker dosent make changes to original files, but copy the file as tem*.ini and makes changes in it

Download SW tutorial :
1. Temp site
2. ES3

Contact abt SW : psycho_yrsw@hotmail.com

Andre27
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't seen updated here in a while.. how are things progressing here?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the announcement: RedUtils On Hold Until July.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, my finals take up too much time Sad Once they're over, I'll be back to coding.

BTW, I'm just back from my first exam - maths. Took me only 1 hour instead of 3 hours allowed Cool

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum