:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Tiberian Odyssey
Tiberian Odyssey Music Promo II
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Odyssey Music Promo II
Subject description: Tiberian Odyssey OST

Tiberian Odyssey Music Promo II

Last edited by Morpher on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going out soon, so I just sampled a few in no order.

I love Shiner Lullaby. Its like a mix of the Jurassic Park theme on piano with some James Bond flair to it. <3

Up In Flames is neat. Feels 90s until it hits that weird repitition part around the one minute part. It brings bad Pharotek flashbacks to me. Sounds Goldeneye like (Not that is a bad thing, do more like that.)

Sadly... Re-Act on Instinct was a disappointment. It needs something more. It sounds too much Like Act on Instinct for one, so it lacks its own identity. Its like calling Hell March 3 unique. It isn't. It hasn't evolved, either. The 80s sounding guitar toward the end was sick and needs to happen more. Not in this, though.

Rust Raiders was iffy. I think it needs a name change. Reminds me of early game music.

Overall (before I go.), what the hell are you guys looking at for inspiration if anything? What I've sampled seems very diverse, thank God, and isn't leaning to one style or genre of music. Keep up the music being in different styles, whoever is doing the soundtrack. PLEASE!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what I hear Smile

Volgin wrote:
Sadly... Re-Act on Instinct was a disappointment. It needs something more. It sounds too much Like Act on Instinct for one, so it lacks its own identity. Its like calling Hell March 3 unique. It isn't. It hasn't evolved, either. The 80s sounding guitar toward the end was sick and needs to happen more. Not in this, though.

I do agree that it's not a very original remake, as it sticks to the original's song structure by 100%. I also like some of the used samples less than their original counterparts.
Still, I like the original AOI more than Frank's own Renegade remix and Act On Invasion from UAW, so it's probably because of that that I personally like this one more than most other fan-made remixes, despite its lack of originality.

Volgin wrote:
Overall (before I go.), what the hell are you guys looking at for inspiration if anything? What I've sampled seems very diverse, thank God, and isn't leaning to one style or genre of music. Keep up the music being in different styles, whoever is doing the soundtrack. PLEASE!

Completely agree, one of the reasons why I liked the C&C1 soundtrack so much was its diversity, and the fact that it was not limited to a specific style. So thumbs up, you guys are taking the right route here, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Tiberian Odyssey
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon