Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
23-down's Feedback Thread
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
23-down
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject:  23-down's Feedback Thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright I'm posting my stuff I've posted you on moddb some days ago + new things..

Well I played through the GDI campaign so far.. It was a bit disappointing to see that it only has 5 missions. But like you already told me it's just for the beta so it's ok. Smile

The quality of the new buildings for civilians GDI & Nod are of very high quality and the maps itself must also haven taken months to look like they are.

A very fantastic job so far! I can't begin to imagine how must work it must have taken for all those tiny new features.

I really much like the story starting by the NOD End of C&C1. It's a fresh thing that the bad guys finally won for once.

Alright I have also played through the NOD campaign...

Again really nice work. The missions were fair sometimes a bit tricky but never unfair.

The only things that really annoyed me on your mod so far are:

1. The fires! You should really reduce the firetime. I've tested it. Even on very fast the fires were burning like for 2 minutes.. That's not good. Besides it's decreasing the FPS drastically. And having an empty battlefield without any trees is also an ugly thing. I mean your maps are wonderful but you're ruining them with your own fire scripts.

Like you already mentioned on moddb also reduce the damage a fire can do to units. That's a real pain at the moment.

The same should be considered for Flamethrower units be it the soldiers or the Vehicles. If they explode they're taking half of my army with them.

Such a thing is a fun killer. I had 5 times a large army consisting of many units. 5 Times some of my flaming tanks exploded (as NOD) and I lost like 60% of my forces by friendly fire and the remaining units were cippled down to 50% energy. Who needs enemies if he has a flamethrower unit in the own lines? Soldiers are cannonfodder due to the fires and damage causing by own flamer units.

Bugs: The NOD Harvester can't be selected properly but that's known.
I often noted in Skirmish that the harvesters are getting stuck somehow and therefore can't unload their crystals.

Conclusion: I had 2 bases in a skirmish map. And my harvesters wanted to unload on the refinery in the other base far far away. That makes no sense. Not sure if you can fix that. In the end all my harvesters were stuck no matter where they were.

I think that the Ai in NOD campaign mission 3 could need few more scripts.. GDI here didn't really attacked at all. The only things that attacked sometimes were those Alien bugs. I also recommend to create cliffs which makes it impossible for my units to reach the Globo Tech city in the left corner. Because I spotted it when I explored the map and eradicated it. On the end of the mission the bombers came and unloaded their stuff. Only problem here is there was nothing left for them to bomb. So it was really weird.

Mission4 for NOD is really hard on the beginning. Maybe you should consider to give the player just a little more cash on the start.

GDI Campaign:

Nothing really to add the missions were really balanced and challenging.
I also really much liked the references to Tiberian Dawn stuff on the beginning of GDI campaign. The units were pretty cool. It's a shame that shepphard died. Sad Shephard and the General in Firestorm were my favourites.

Idea & wish:

For the case that your campaigns are still WIP. I would make a reference to Tiberian Sun. Not by the story but by the units.

That makes however only sense. when you have all all remains from TS cut out your main factions. You could create a mission in which you must regain control over a base far - far away to acquire some important but forgotten and lost technology.

When arriving near the base you find it however very much allive but badly damaged. That base is under the control of an AI commander. You must now construct your own base and defend it till the base and the technology can be evacuated. That could be achieved by a timelimit for example.

This base uses Tiberian Sun buildings and units because contact was lost with the remaining GDI and the world they've started to creat their own technology which is based on TS stuff. The TS units itself wont play any important role in the other missions except in this one.

The AI commander will then support you with Titans, Wolverines maybe even wit Juggernauts etc.

Would be fun so see such a little unrelated crossover.
So that you and us your fans don't forget about the roots for your game.

Well I'm looking forward to see the fullversion of this project someday.. Can you give us any possible release date for that yet?

It seems that you still have to go a very long way. That means if there are still so many buildings and units missing etc. Right??

Greetings 23-down

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha glad you’re enjoying TI, GDI mission three was my idea and is currently my favourite GDI mission. Btw, many of your points are known to us and will be dealt with.
As for a release date, I can confirm we will be releasing patches but we currently have no set completion date for TI as a whole.

P.S. I doubt that Tiberian Sun technology will be featured due to the drastically different timelines.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure the fires are intentional - see manual note about walking soldiers through forest fires #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Bugs: The NOD Harvester can't be selected properly but that's known.
I often noted in Skirmish that the harvesters are getting stuck somehow and therefore can't unload their crystals.

Conclusion: I had 2 bases in a skirmish map. And my harvesters wanted to unload on the refinery in the other base far far away. That makes no sense. Not sure if you can fix that. In the end all my harvesters were stuck no matter where they were.

The harvester bug will be fixed as soon as possible. I can upload a patch now, but I'd rather wait until much more has been done before I upload any patches. As for your Harvesters going to the opposite side of the map to unload, that's not a bug and has always happened in TS, harvesters are just stupid. #Tongue

Quote:
I think that the Ai in NOD campaign mission 3 could need few more scripts..

Nod Mission 3 is not complete, it still needs AI triggers, and so does Nod Mission 4 and 5.

Quote:

For the case that your campaigns are still WIP. I would make a reference to Tiberian Sun. Not by the story but by the units.

There will be no references to Tiberian Sun as in TI, Tiberian Sun never existed. It wouldn't make any sense.

Quote:

Well I'm looking forward to see the fullversion of this project someday.. Can you give us any possible release date for that yet?

Thanks, and no, there is no set date for the final version, many patches and Beta Builds will be coming though, of course once much more work has been done.

23-down
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I already suspected something like that with the TS units no problem. Smile Well the idea would also work with a fully operational TD base for example.

It's odd that you mentioned a 5th NOD mission. I've got the same error message like after GDI Mission5 on the end of NOD4. So I thought NOD has only 4 missions in the Beta..

Hmm I will recheck that.. If it happens again then it wont work. In that case I can provide you with a log should there be any.

Last edited by 23-down on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something is preventing Nod Mission 5 from launching properly after Nod Mission 4, which is another known issue. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening because everything is 100% correct in mission.ini and the map files themselves. I'm still looking into it though.

23-down
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm if you say so then it sounds like theres a typo mistake or a missing comma something like that.

Well ok then I said what I have to say.. Wish you guys the best of luck and I'm looking forward to the next patches and enhencements.

See you on your next release. Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume that the title means that this is a general feedback topic? I wouldn't want to start a new topic because of this;

but I feel that the Nod Banshee Bombers are too powerful. They reload their ammo too fast and should be able to reload only on Banshee Supply Pads. Today in a game with TiberiumFuture I sent two Banshee Bombers to attack a nearby AI base one after the other. When one returned, the other had already reloaded it's bombs and was able to go bombarding again.

After a few minutes the AI didn't have nearly any structures left (although it was an AI with almost infinite money) and it had dozens of visceroids in it's base. After that I didn't have to do anything but watch how the visceroids killed the AI.

Considering that they reload so fast, can destroy structures like Advanced Power Plants instantly and wipe even the most heavily armored units to dust, they need to be somehow weaker.

xenom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bugs i discovered:

- tiberium floater has purple frames due incorrect walkframe settings

- flame and other animations flicker between fore- and background with another object

- nod repair vehicle is a little too big what causes ugly voxel overlapping during repair

- it would be nice to choose 16:9 resolutions in the options menu (not really a bug i know)

- for some reason the gdi vulcan cannon tower sometimes doesnt attack automatically

- scatterpack walker walks too fast in relation to the movement framerate of his legs

- missing units in skirmish: medic, gdi medium tank etc.. i hope they will be implemented Smile

- bugs dont attack in skirmish

ideas:

- like 23-down said: flamer explosion (vehicle&infantry) is too strong

- visual difference between turrets and improoved turrets (maybe more lights or somehting like that)

about the intense forest fires i have to say: at first it was really annoying because i didnt expect it and many soldiers died senseless Laughing but after a while i recognized the tactical opportunitie to make paths inaccessible for minutes so its a nice feature i think.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xenom wrote:
bugs i discovered:- missing units in skirmish: medic

Capture a hospital Wink

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ferrados
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only discovered one bug so far;
if you try to sell a NOD radar, you will not get any money and the radar will unpack into a mobile radar.
It's also a shame the GDI defenses won't integrate with their walls anymore.

Other than that, the beta of this mod is better than any other mod I've played.
The campaign is challenging, the skirmish maps are awesome, LAN works perfectly (first time it ever has for me) and best of all, no more random crashes. I can't wait for the next update!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I assume that the title means that this is a general feedback topic? I wouldn't want to start a new topic because of this;

No. I've changed the topic title to avoid confusion, I'd prefer people make their own feedback threads, it helps me keep on top of things.

Quote:
but I feel that the Nod Banshee Bombers are too powerful. They reload their ammo too fast and should be able to reload only on Banshee Supply Pads. Today in a game with TiberiumFuture I sent two Banshee Bombers to attack a nearby AI base one after the other. When one returned, the other had already reloaded it's bombs and was able to go bombarding again.

There have been arguments in the past about the Banshee Bomber strength, but I disagree. I think they're just about right and make a good equivalent to the Mammoth Mark II (Which was the original intention), but if multiple people feel the same way, I'll lower their weapon strength a bit.

Quote:

After a few minutes the AI didn't have nearly any structures left (although it was an AI with almost infinite money) and it had dozens of visceroids in it's base. After that I didn't have to do anything but watch how the visceroids killed the AI.

Incomplete AI, It's being worked on.

Quote:

- tiberium floater has purple frames due incorrect walkframe settings

Known bug, it was in vanilla Firestorm as well If I remember correctly.

Quote:

- flame and other animations flicker between fore- and background with another object

I'm aware of this too, it doesn't happen all the time though, just on certain trees, I know why it's occurring however.

Quote:

- nod repair vehicle is a little too big what causes ugly voxel overlapping during repair

I personally don't think it's too big (Not a bug by the way), something that repairs giant vehicles on a battlefield would be a bit larger than a remote control tank I think. #Tongue

Quote:

- for some reason the gdi vulcan cannon tower sometimes doesnt attack automatically

Ahh yes, I forgot to list that in the known bugs topic. I have absolutely no idea what causes this problem, but I'm still looking into it.

Quote:

- scatterpack walker walks too fast in relation to the movement framerate of his legs

This has been mentioned by the staff before too, I'll decrease the Scatterpack speed a little bit.

Quote:

- missing units in skirmish: medic, gdi medium tank etc.. i hope they will be implemented

The medic is now a GloboTech unit and can be obtained by capturing a hospital. The Medium tank along with the other Twisted Dawn units can be found in crates, it will not be implemented in TI skirmish for balance reasons.

Quote:

- bugs dont attack in skirmish

They do.

Quote:

- visual difference between turrets and improoved turrets (maybe more lights or somehting like that)

It's not possible to change the turret image on the upgraded towers, but I'll see if there's something I can do to make them stand out.

Quote:

if you try to sell a NOD radar, you will not get any money and the radar will unpack into a mobile radar.

Another known bug that I forgot to list. This bug occurs due-to the Nod Radar's Sensor array setting, any mobile structure with SensorArray=yes can not be sold. A while ago, Hyper Implemented a hack to TI's EXE file to allow them to be sold, but it caused some really bad side-effects so it had to be reversed. There isn't anything else I can do other than disallowing the Nod Radar to be part of the Mobile Base mode, but that wouldn't make much sense to me.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
There have been arguments in the past about the Banshee Bomber strength, but I disagree. I think they're just about right and make a good equivalent to the Mammoth Mark II (Which was the original intention), but if multiple people feel the same way, I'll lower their weapon strength a bit.

I personally don't think it should. In the matches i played, the Banshee Bomber was nice. It wasn't overkill, take out everything super quickly, bad ass unit and besides they are fairly weak from AA attacks really. And if it's the Nod equivalent (roughly) to the Mammoth Mark II then if anything you should be able to make at least 1 or 2 more or something. Because I sent in a Mammoth Mark II and it went in essentially uncontested against 3 level 1 AI's annihilating them off the map and only one time did I use an EMP in conjunction to walking the Mammoth up to the bases. I'm hoping that this was just because the AI isn't complete. (was kinda saddened how some GDI AI units just sat towards the back of the base until i got really close to them all the while blowing up buildings left and right)

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Ix, do not suggest giving them more banshee bombers wait until you play online. Also the mammy isn't as overpowered as it appears, again wait til you play online...speaking of which ARO!

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI had some problems with the latest intern releases, making them much weaker then they where. I hope to fix it in one of the upcoming patches Wink

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes, be sure to await your next online match ...

I like the bombers how they are, though I dont like the fast reload time. I would give them muni 2 and half their damage, but thats just my opinion Wink

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are you all talking about?
The Banshee Bombers are too weak for me... They can't directly attack any well designed base, a few anti-air defenses and it doesn't survive. Okay, it does some damage, but not enough considering the high costs.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dudeinabox wrote:
No Ix, do not suggest giving them more banshee bombers wait until you play online. Also the mammy isn't as overpowered as it appears, again wait til you play online...speaking of which ARO!

Well unless you consumed TI fanatics make a TI online that always works and isn't shittily slow like the normal TS online stuff has always been for me no matter what i go through to play it then perhaps i'll try it online. But otherwise it's rather doubtful. #Tongue

So i guess for people like me it's a wait on Dutchy to get the AI even more bad ass so that they stand a chance.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Unforgiven wrote:
What are you all talking about?
The Banshee Bombers are too weak for me... They can't directly attack any well designed base, a few anti-air defenses and it doesn't survive. Okay, it does some damage, but not enough considering the high costs.

Just use an Apocalypse Missile to destroy an enemy's power plants and then start bombarding the rest of his base (power plants, factories and mobile AA first) with the Bombers. The base will be empty in a few minutes, unless the enemy has a lot of mobile AA nearby.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum