Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Armor Levels and Jump Jet Infantry
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject:  Armor Levels and Jump Jet Infantry Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, fellas.

I noticed that the Predator Warhounds may or may not have less armor than even original Predators.

When I was using crate-granted Predators to attack a Nod outpost, I prepped to deploy Warhound Predators alongside them, right when a Cyborg Commando ambushed me.

While the Warhounds were still on the Ox Transports, 2 of them were shot down by the Cyborg Commando before they could hit the ground. But, when the third one finally made it, I noticed an issue.

It took 2+ shots from the Cyborg Commando to destroy a normal Predator, but only 1 shot to destroy a Warhound...really, it should be the other way around since a Warhound packs more armor (i.e., noticible by the track guards). We should double-check our armor levels.

Secondly, I noticed that the Jump Jet Infantrymen do not detect stealth. In Firestorm, they detected cloaked targets which were just underneath them, from buildings to units. We could have the scanner packs once used for Zone Troopers also apply stealth detection in a small radius underneath the Jump Jet Infantrymen. And speaking of said JJI's, it seems they're still having trouble hitting targets within their range. When issued an attack order, sometimes, they'll fly directly over a target and avoid shooting it rather than stopping when the target is actually in their operable firing range...

Oh, yeah, are we certain that GDI defense towers are detecting stealth? Seems like that they can only detect stealthed units when said units are right on top of them...

New bug: Jump Jet Infantrymen cannot engage Nod vehicles on bridges

Advise: I could have sworn that the RPG Tower used to fire two quick shots before an extended reload cycle, as I previously recommended based on observations of a cutscene in Tiberian Sun, which denoted 2 separate barrels on the GDI RPG Component Tower, thus allowing for 2 quick shots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJNLeob7GY

Mammoth Mk. II turret ball can shoot through intact buildings and engage targets on the opposite side

Last edited by White Wolf on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The last bug is because JJets require a Line of Sight to fire. Happens a lot when attacking bases, that they can't fire at targets behind structures they are hovering above. I guess Carnius already fixed this, or hopefully will fix this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon