Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Return of the Allied Tank Destroyer
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject:  Return of the Allied Tank Destroyer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Allied Tank Destroyer Returns to the Battlefield.

AlliedTnkDestroyer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  337.8 KB
 Viewed:  11131 Time(s)

AlliedTnkDestroyer.jpg

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks kind of cool.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spiffy

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

problem is I dont know how to put this ingame because it is supposed to have its main gun as turretless (just like the Self Propelled Anti Tank Guns of World War 2 or the Tank Destroyer in RA2).

by the way. The model is a combination of the mirage tank chassis and the barrel from the other allied tank. the MG on top came from the amphiblious vehicle for balance purposes. also make this unit available as a tier three unit.

I'm willing to send the max 9 models and the texture sets to anybody who can make the code and make this unit in-game having the function as an anti-armor unit equipped with a slightly stronger tank gun weapon than the one the allies use. it must also have an MG for anti infantry function. just have the MG less effective than the MG on the amphibious one.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll ask around the RA3 community if you want.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

slye_fox
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just use WeaponSlotHardpoint

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant to post before, but I definitely feel it needs more work. However, it is a nice start (better than anything I can model).

1: Barrel is far, far too wimpy for the Tank Destroyer. It had a massive barrel in RA2 if I remember right, instead here it has the Guardian one. Swap it out for the Apocalypse barrel for a test at least.

2: Turret doesn't look very merged with the body, especially near the front.

3: Minigun on top is -massive-. It is a secondary weapon and it distracts from the focus of the tank, that sabot gun. Remove it or shrink it.

I'm also not too fond of the quad treads. Quads scream Mammoth Tank, but quads aren't a total killer. Its up to you.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
I'm also not too fond of the quad treads. Quads scream Mammoth Tank, but quads aren't a total killer. Its up to you.
Blame the RA3 devs. EVERY Allied tracked vehicle has a quad-track configuration. Hell, most tanks in the game have something other than a dual track config.

In that respect, it fits the Allied style very well.

However, it doesn't really look like a tank destroyer. I'd suggest you look at the RA2 TD, the T28 GMC it was based on, or other casemate designs like the Jagdpanther and Ferdinand.

Good model quality nonetheless.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
1: Barrel is far, far too wimpy for the Tank Destroyer. It had a massive barrel in RA2 if I remember right, instead here it has the Guardian one. Swap it out for the Apocalypse barrel for a test at least.

For future reference, a tank destroyer doesn't necessarily need a big gun. Actual tank destroyers use superior maneuverability. That said, it does need to look like a tank gun at least, so if it is indeed the Guardian Tank's barrel then it is fine for the definition of "Tank Destroyer".

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
For future reference, a tank destroyer doesn't necessarily need a big gun. Actual tank destroyers used superior maneuverability. That said, it does need to look like a tank gun at least, so if it is indeed the Guardian Tank's barrel then it is fine for the definition of "Tank Destroyer".
False in most respects. Only US Tank Destroyers of WWII, and in particular the M18 Hellcat, were very fast.

Russian TDs relied on powerful guns (SU-100 "ztyping end of anything", SU-152/ISU-152 "animal killer") and weren't exactly quick. It certainly wasn't that the thing they used to greatest effect.

German TDs relied on heavy armor- for example the Ferdinand's 200mm plate and the Jagdtiger's 250mm casemate, both ridiculously thick for WWII standards. (Jagdpanther's heavily sloped front was no easy task to penetrate either) And the 88mm L/71 and the 128mm L/55? Designed to kill the heaviest armor of the war. Coincidentally, both vehicles were slow as hell.

The reason why tank destroyers were made instead of normal tanks is because it was both cheaper to do, and most importantly, allowed a larger cannon to be mounted on a chassis than the turret would allow. (which is also why they faded out after WW2, with the advent of the Main battle tank)

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Going from WoT knowledge #Tongue

a TD either has a big cannon with a low velocity shell but high explosive, or a low caliber, high velocity shot. As for speed, they're faster than a heavy but slower than a medium.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
Going from WoT knowledge #Tongue

a TD either has a big cannon with a low velocity shell but high explosive, or a low caliber, high velocity shot. As for speed, they're faster than a heavy but slower than a medium.
WoT and knowledge that I had beforehand. #Tongue

Small bore is definitely a relative term though.

purplescrin
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Return of the Allied Tank Destroyer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks cool. But will you likely release this model to the public soon? Question

Though you haven't attempted to put that unit into RA3 yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum