Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Nod's "Big 7"
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject:  Nod's "Big 7"
Subject description: Nod's most badass units is HERE!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool I'm releasing some of my private voxels here, so here it is 7 of em', all are Nod's most well known units, they're used in my private mod but i decide to release it to public, since there's a lack of public release for such voxels, i also have a few GDI's reworked voxels, it might be put in for release soon, hope everyone enjoy this pack, stay tuned for more releases!! Wink

BTW: RA2YR Voxel pack might be postponed for a while since i've been working with Speeder for Mental Omega...

Nod's Big Seven Voxel Pack Preview.png
 Description:
Nod's Big 7 Voxel Pack Preview.
 Filesize:  68.77 KB
 Viewed:  26964 Time(s)

Nod's Big Seven Voxel Pack Preview.png

Nod's Big Seven Voxel Pack.rar
 Description:
Get it here!!

Download
 Filename:  Nod's Big Seven Voxel Pack.rar
 Filesize:  833.7 KB
 Downloaded:  1657 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As always from you, these are some excellent voxels. Surprised
I wonder when you made them and if you had contact with ErastusMercy, because the STNK and the artillery have some similarity with the TI STNK and Howitzer. #Tongue
I guess voxels close to perfection and based on similar designs/purpose come quite close to each other by default. Very Happy

azri_apoc wrote:
BTW: RA2YR Voxel pack might be postponed for a while since i've been working with Speeder for Mental Omega...

Since you've made so many new voxel since your last voxel pack, you should definitely release a new one (regardless if it has 1 or 2 units less than the last pack)

Spotlight vote.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
As always from you, these are some excellent voxels. Surprised
I wonder when you made them and if you had contact with ErastusMercy, because the STNK and the artillery have some similarity with the TI STNK and Howitzer. #Tongue
I guess voxels close to perfection and based on similar designs/purpose come quite close to each other by default. Very Happy

yup, that Howitzer was inspired from TI "Hammerhead", but i'm still keeping the original Artillery design, but with few enhancement and details, and that Stealth Tank was inspired from C&C Renegade... Wink

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
azri_apoc wrote:

Since you've made so many new voxel since your last voxel pack, you should definitely release a new one (regardless if it has 1 or 2 units less than the last pack)

Spotlight vote.

uhhh...i think its not a right time since someone "turns" my Mobile Weather Controller into a crane... Mad

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow they look damn awesome. Please do a complete set!

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
comando
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight Now.

Azri... I hope you won't mind, If I would change your Abrams into Mirage Tank (And Tesla Mammoth to look more like Cameo Tesla Tank) ? I ask becouse everyone of us want to put hands on your new Voxel pack Very Happy

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great stuff. I like the Artillery a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:

uhhh...i think its not a right time since someone "turns" my Mobile Weather Controller into a crane... Mad

So you think it would be good idea to restrict other people's creativity just because you think that your voxels should only be used for one damn purpose? That crane edit definitely isn't that horrible either. Making a big fuss over something like that just seems bit stupid if you ask me.

I suppose in ideal world creator could be asked before applying any edits but that really...does not cut it. I wouldn't even bother to use any public assets if I had to be asking permission from authors for any edits ranging from simple tweak to more complex ones. And I am sure several other people also feel same.

After author releases their asset for public to use, it should be up to any modders to decide how to use it, as long as people do not try to claim they created the said asset by themselves or even release it without permission, of course. Yeah, I suppose we're bound to see bastardized edits (that crane is far from 'bastardized' though) sometimes. In case of those, I think just pointing out that the original is better or giving tips on how to improve would be much better than just going apeshit over it.

On more relevant note, those Nod voxels are looking pretty decent. Somehow you even managed to make much more appealing version of the feared shoebox of death.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering it didn't look like a Mobile Weather Controller it was used as well as it could've been.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Nod's "Big 7" Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can we get a bigger pic to view?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I accidentally the whole spotlight. Is bad? o.O

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
azri_apoc wrote:

So you think it would be good idea to restrict other people's creativity just because you think that your voxels should only be used for one damn purpose? That crane edit definitely isn't that horrible either. Making a big fuss over something like that just seems bit stupid if you ask me.

I suppose in ideal world creator could be asked before applying any edits but that really...does not cut it. I wouldn't even bother to use any public assets if I had to be asking permission from authors for any edits ranging from simple tweak to more complex ones. And I am sure several other people also feel same.

After author releases their asset for public to use, it should be up to any modders to decide how to use it, as long as people do not try to claim they created the said asset by themselves or even release it without permission, of course. Yeah, I suppose we're bound to see bastardized edits (that crane is far from 'bastardized' though) sometimes. In case of those, I think just pointing out that the original is better or giving tips on how to improve would be much better than just going apeshit over it.

On more relevant note, those Nod voxels are looking pretty decent. Somehow you even managed to make much more appealing version of the feared shoebox of death.

i didn't say its a good idea, what i'm trying to say is at least try to notify me first if you want to modify the voxels or just simply mention the original author, just take a look on the ModDB Page he didn't even mention my name there #Tongue, no disrespect here mate but i've seen a few mods out there and they're using my voxels too at least they give me a credit for the work even with a few edits on it...

SSTG also using my wheels style to his Gattling Tank, but why i didn't mad at him? cuz he's using my voxels to learn, i like his style. Cool

anyway here's a full ingame for all of em'

Tick Tank...

Stealth Tank...

Devil's Tongue...

Howitzer...

Recon Bike...

Attack Buggy...

Banshee...

Dragon Prime
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Azri I've heard it says you always make voxel very exactly and now I believe it's true,I like your awesome voxel,hope you can make more RA2/YR voxel soon Smile

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are pure epic. Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

somebody stop this guy! he's too good

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my god... My Eyes! Shocked

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:
Starkku wrote:
azri_apoc wrote:

i didn't say its a good idea, what i'm trying to say is at least try to notify me first if you want to modify the voxels or just simply mention the original author, just take a look on the ModDB Page he didn't even mention my name there #Tongue, no disrespect here mate but i've seen a few mods out there and they're using my voxels too at least they give me a credit for the work even with a few edits on it...

SSTG also using my wheels style to his Gattling Tank, but why i didn't mad at him? cuz he's using my voxels to learn, i like his style. Cool

but i will credit you when my mod is release.. ok, i am wrong, sorry to azri_apoc, the "crane" is deleted now

again, sorry. i will ask you and credit you when i want to edit and use your voxels

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job! Smile

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work!

Yuri Legends
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Such a fantastic job, Azri! I going to replace old stuff from my mod (Omega Wars), and don't forget to release new RA2 voxel pack.

NEW EDIT: Well, I going to replace the old Shadow.

Last edited by Yuri Legends on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamn00b wrote:
but i will credit you when my mod is release.. ok, i am wrong, sorry to azri_apoc, the "crane" is deleted now

again, sorry. i will ask you and credit you when i want to edit and use your voxels

that's okay, everyone make a mistakes in their life so as me... Wink

Yuri Legends wrote:
Such a fantastic job, Azri! I going to replace old stuff from my mod (Omega Wars), and don't forget to release new RA2 voxel pack.

i'll try to release it as soon as possible... Wink , depends on my free time,
i'm taking a training for my current job right now and i hate it... Laughing

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that a Grinder or a Devil's Tank? #Tongue

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Untrue wrote:
Is that a Grinder or a Devil's Tank? #Tongue

it's devil's tongue that can grind tanks and wall (like in the movie) #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How in the hell did I miss this!, Damn those look fantastic man.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: nod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whats up with the devils tongue? The front looks bit weird, but nice work. looking forward to more

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say these aren't what I'd have expected from you. Their size and color scheme makes most look messy, where detail is lost to a sea of dark. I wouldn't call these spotlight-worthy, but then again I'm always going to prefer the brighter tones of RA2's Allies, Soviets, and Yuri over dark Nod and yellow GDI.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got to agree, I'm not a huge fan myself. The Devil's Tongue, Tick Tank and Howitzer all look nice, but the others are either too small or look messy in-game. The Howitzer is the best one there, but it looks like it fades from grey to black as the front seems a lot darker than the back of the vehicle, which looks strange in my opinion.

Great job overall though, I'd say these were worthy of a spotlight, despite the Buggy, Attack Cycle and Banshee.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're OK voxels, but I don't think that all of them are as good as what should now be expected of the spotlight forum.

-The Stealth Tank is just a mess of bright spots, imo. It would be hugely improved just by being free of the majority of its blue.

-The Devil's Tongue could use some more definition on the front, and less messy sides. I would also that the remap rectangle on the top would be better if it was turned into something (it looks like a pair of cylinders from the NW, N, NE, and S but from the other angles it is somewhat smudgy and blurred as to what exactly it is)

-The Howitzer is too dark, and doesn't have any definition on most of the body the tracks at the back have blurred into a lake of grey, and imo should be bound up in the same way as the front set.

-The Bike and the Buggy have the same problem, they're pretty much entirely dark grey and black, and the remap doesn't do enough to outline the shape. It would be better to use slightly lighter colours to give them some form.
However, imo the bike is quite good aside from that and some of the remap on the back looking out of place.

Other than those, the remaining voxels look good. Especially the Banshee, although I would remove the blue from it's guns and antialias the remap a little further on it.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well there's a lot of shit in the spotlight forum and these are much better than most. I don't think theyre too dark at all either, theres enough shades there too look interesting in my opinion.

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like um to Smile

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Yuri Legends
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!