Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
D1ngo's Feedback (also Final TI)
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
D1ngo
G-O-D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject:  D1ngo's Feedback (also Final TI) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello there
I really love the mod, its bloddy amazing. Moreover I rarely (and by that i mean almost never) write on forums so the fact that i made an account JUST to give my feedback proves to me that this is one great mod.
But lets get to the details:
First of all just the fact that there is working orca transport makes it special but when you add the TD units AND new units it creats a mighty potential (i dont think i have to write "please dont screw it up" since ive seen your work and im pretty sure you'll do a fantastic job).
Whoever done the new units and buildings (not to mention terrain) deserves to be canonized - i love'em
The units are somehow realistic (yeah i know how that sounds while talking about tiberian games) rocket guys are now a big threat to tanks (no more tank spam gdi lackeys #Tongue )
However infantry seems a little overhauled to me (not enough endurance too big firepower) though that is realistic and makes a game more demanding it looses the tibsun feeling (this again may be liked or not by some)
However all of that is nothing NOTHING i say, when compared to what ive seen when I opened the amazingness, joy, beauty and win compressed in a form of "FINAL TI" (seeing the statue of liberty in tiberian game made me cry out of joy over what can be made with that).
Including so many terrain types in one theater makes interesting mapping opportunities (for example an urbanistic oasis in a middle of a desert)
However I encounter a big, BIG problem.
Whereas i dont really like mapping for multi i love doing single player missions.
I modded some your missions for fun and they played out fine, so i decided to do myself a new york assault mission (the possibility of banshee bombing the statue of liberty just couldnt get out of my head) and as i have some expierience with: "ERROR - your map is unplayable your hard work is gone go cry to your mommy" I decided to try it out in the game while WIP after some basic founds were made.
Unfortunately i got said error. I thought to myself that its maybe because some stuff in final TI is buggy so i made a new one (without a statue Crying or Very sad ) but it didnt work either. (in fact i checked it even with a clear new map didnt work as well). Soo long story short: Since i want to make some missions (maybe ill upload them if you permit) I need help with that problem.
Other suggestion i might add is to make Dino campaign like the one in TD (since you have the dinos and bugs and stuff its possible [like for example 3 missions:1 make a bechhead and capture some dinos {i even got an idea how that could be made[just write if you want me to add these suggestions]} 2 defend your camp at night against the tiberian lifeforms assault and 3 run for shore and wait for evac])

Greetings and best wishes for your amazing mod from Poland
PS: The New York mission/map idea is a suggestion too Smile
PS2: The multi maps work fine only the single ones screw up.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the positive comments and thumbs up. I'm glad you're enjoying the mod.

As for your mapping problems, the issues you are encountering must be related to errors done by your mapping, not by something in Final TI. What exactly is the problem anyway? An Internal Error?
Everything in-game and what is placeable in Final TI works fine otherwise they wouldn't be in the build, so nothing is really bugged or can cause problems. Your issue could be anything, Tiberium on slopes, incorrect trigger settings etc.

I wont be adding Dinosaur missions to Twisted Insurrection now and I honestly doubt I ever will. Sorry.

We were planning on one of us making a New York themed map at some point for TI, that's why the Liberty base and Statue of Liberty were made, we haven't gotten around to it as yet though.

Good luck with your mapping.

D1ngo
G-O-D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As i wrote i even made a clear new map with literally nothing on it.
Saved it in TI folder as "gdi1a.map" (so it will start when i press GDI campaign) and than internal error #Mad
Whilist modded orginal TI missions worked fine (even when I put them in a wrong order)
As for no dino missions they arent that important to me it was just a suggestion to make some fun themed missions like the challange missions however if i manage to make my missions work i can have some fun trying to make one. Yet still is it ok to post homemade missions for TI?
Oh i forgot to mention: that hidden nod mission in the interiot scene has got beautifull lighting and i cant wait to see it when its fully completed.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you just leaving these maps in your TI directory or are you attempting to replace the ones in SINGLE.MIX? Either way, it shouldn't cause a problem if you've correctly named your map and set the houses and player houses up correctly (which I assume you have already done as it's important for single-player maps). You could always PM the map to me, and I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

You can upload your own TI maps and missions, sure, I even made a sub-forum for them.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the great feedback D1ngo.

If you really plan to create some small dino or tib-monster maps, how about a Whiskey Outpost on Planet P Starship Troopers map? The necessary bugs from Starship troopers are all included and i would love to see a map like this, as Starship Troopers is one of my favorite movies.
Also the massive slaughter of hundreds of bugs ingame should be very funny. Twisted Evil

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

D1ngo
G-O-D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I enjoyed ST too. I might do that defense scene with the tiberian jungle feel if i manage to handle the final sun properly again (i havent made maps for ages) and get rid of all internal errors Confused .
Guess ill have to look up some old tutorials for this one (cause im NOT giving up, no matter what will happen with my sanity after the 50th internal error Very Happy )

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum