Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Legion Army
Moderators: Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject:  Legion Army
Subject description: Who are they, what do they want?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name: Legion
Main colour: orange
Camo colour: grey-blue

Click image for larger version

Any information before the first offensive action of the Legion army is incomplete. Started out as a private security force to protect M-Tec from the hostilities of the infected at the digging areas, it wasn’t know to the outside world. When M-Tec began to set up more research facilities around the globe, the existing security companies began to offer their services to M-Tec. They were turned down every single time however, with the only reason given that they already had their own security forces.

Legion became known to the public when the first infected began attacking villages and research facilities. While always completely finishing their missions, they did had a rather high civilian casualty rate compared to most security companies and armies. After several of these incidents the public of several effected countries demanded that their governments started an investigation into the Legion security forces, or ‘butchers’ as they were in their eyes. After much pressure, the governments started their investigations. They all came to the same problems: M-Tec didn’t want to share any information about their security forces.

This all changed when the French government attacked and destroyed several M-Tec facilities, killing hundreds of M-Tec workers, and many Legion forces. This also revealed the truth behind M-Tec: the experiments on the infected and even captured civilians. What happened next surprised many people: M-Tec decided to start an all-out war with anyone who opposes them. It seemed Legion wasn’t just a simple security force, but an advanced army, supported and supplied with the technology and weapons by the company it has swore to protect.

The exact details aren’t known, but it seemed any large M-Tec research facility also had a large underground facility, where several armies where produced and trained, waiting for the day that M-Tec decided to start the offensive. The technology designed by M-Tec, used by Legion, proved very effective, as most armies where defeated surprisingly fast, with acceptable losses for Legion. The combination of ordinary and experimental weapons proved to be a successful one. Soon the major armies of the various countries where defeated, and M-Tec took control.

As it now can rely on millions of conscripted civilians and ex-military forces, and the technologies of M-Tec, the Legion army is a combination of regular military units, armed with conventional weapons, and an elite group of veterans, which are armed with experimental weapons. Most Legion units on average slower than those of their enemy, the Revenant, but have heavier armor, and weapons which out-damage Revenant weapons most of the time. While Revenant forces rely on hit-and-run and guerrilla tactics, Legion relies more on shock-and-awe tactics; assault the enemy with superior firepower.

While the conventional part of the Legion army isn’t that special (while being overall heavier then what the Revenant have), the technologies created by the research divisions of M-Tec are quite spectacular. While the HoverTec platforms and EMP weapons are already impressive, the vast arsenal of Plasma-related weapons are frightening effective at their purpose. The Behemoth experimental Plasma Tank is the main user of these plasma weapons, and is very effective at eliminating most ground targets with a few shots. There are rumors of even larger plasma weapon platforms, including those that can rival the effectiveness of small nuclear warheads in damage and effect radius.

Note: faction explanation may change at any point during development.

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering that they brought down most of the world's military, I don't think that any company can create an army advanced or numerous enough to not be simply zerg rushed by everyone else.

It would have made more sense, in my opinion, for them to overtake power from weakened factions rather than anything.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Considering that they brought down most of the world's military, I don't think that any company can create an army advanced or numerous enough to not be simply zerg rushed by everyone else.

It would have made more sense, in my opinion, for them to overtake power from weakened factions rather than anything.

Well, as the story mentions, each major research facility secretly housed several divisions, which where used in the assault. Also, with the wealth and technology M-Tec got from Litenium (the main resource in the mod), they could produce such an army.
Perhaps I should finish the main story of the mod, and post it. That should explain some stuff.
And I'll be honest with you: I wrote this one in half an hour while it was 11:30 PM, so it may be odd at some points

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Litenium?
Is he still around? #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Litenium?
Is he still around? #Tongue

Unless I find a new name, this one stays. He did give me some ideas which resulted in what I have now #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon