Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Portal 2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject:  Portal 2
Subject description: (There may be big images)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone, do any of you plan to get Portal 2? I just started playing it at 12:15 AM (US EST -5) thanks to a pre-order of it I did. Anyways, you get to visit some of the original chambers from what I see, though things happen... And you get to see some new things. I'll upload some screen shots from the first few areas.

2011-04-19_00014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.63 KB
 Viewed:  2862 Time(s)

2011-04-19_00014.jpg

2011-04-19_00012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.79 KB

2011-04-19_00012.jpg

2011-04-19_00004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.34 KB

2011-04-19_00004.jpg

2011-04-19_00017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  263.48 KB

2011-04-19_00017.jpg

2011-04-19_00011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.4 KB

2011-04-19_00011.jpg

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Preordered it here today - it comes out in a few days (on the 21st) - Got a Rubiks Cube #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wish I could pre-order it.....also, Source is pretty dated, but it just goes to show it can still kick SOME ass.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found it a bit too expensive atm. Might buy it later.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how is this game btw? is it as awesome as I think it is?

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got my ps3 and pc copies today, its brilliant #Tongue

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just finished it after around 7 hours. Official statements said 10 to 11 hours.
I was a little disappointed by that, but that game still is the best since... well, Portal 1. Very Happy

Concept hasn't changed at all, but there's much more of a story this time. And while stuffing in a story often fails, Valve are certainly masters of storylines, and in this case it made the game even more fun to play. There's also plenty of new "toys" that create some very complex quests. Yet I can't remember any taking me much longer than half an hour...

Conclusively, I'm not sure whether it's worth 60 euros. It's definitely one of the best games out there, especially these days, but it's still rather short and a game like this doesn't have much of a replay factor. Sad Concerning that, I must say that I did not try co-op missions.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Installing now.

I'm not as clever as pd, so it'll probably take me the full 10-11 hours to finish it.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm I was worried that as a puzzle game, anything more than a basic story would be a negative.

Good to hear they did a good job with it

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

$50 and an items store?

I checked the ending on the youtube so for now, acquiring Portal 2 is a big "naaaaaaaaah".

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, yeah, I was intrigued about it, but 7-10 hours of gameplay with little replay value is not worth 60 €.

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll buy it in a few months or so. I never really cared for hype. Hell, I often don't get around to trying out my new games until at least a week after I got them.

From what I've seen and heard, I don't think its current price really reflects the quality too much either. Right after I buy any valve game I swear they immediately put up the sale for 50% off or so on their adverts.

Still, looks pretty decent and not out of place with the series.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh. Portal 1 was cool but if Portal 2 is the same thing with new toys I can't say I'd buy it til it was way cheaper.

I ended up with Portal 1 when it was released as a stand-alone product on XBox Arcade.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of you seem to be forgetting that it has a co-op bit as well. As far as I'm aware (waiting for my friend to finish SP first before we do it so I haven't played it yet) it's twice the length of the original Portal, implying it's at least 6 hours long.
Bear in mind that the selling of hats will probably fund free DLC for Portal 2 in the same way that it does for TF2. I know then you're effectively paying now for content later, but I paid £27 on Steam for it, played through the SP in about six hours and I don't feel cheated out of my money. From the achievements, it looks like I've missed quite a few Easter Eggs that I'm going to try and find on a second playthrough.
I never expected it to be long, a game full of rooms with different puzzles gets a bit tiring after a while.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coop took us 5 hours and the main campaign was about 9 hours for me. I didn't hurry though, because I had to find all the possible dialogue ingame and damn it was worth it. Wheatley totally stole the show.

This game is a big improvement from the first installment, although the puzzle are still average as far as difficulty goes. There were some harder ones, especially in the cooperative mode but in the end I feel that you can do so much more with all the new elements in game.

Now I'm waiting for fans to come up with some twisted chambers. Needs more gel.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed with Speeder - I'm looking forward to a dedicated SDK.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Because I'm a Potato!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum