Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Yuri Psychic Sensor
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject:  Yuri Psychic Sensor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Felt the need for a smaller psychic sensor, so I made one.

Its fully animated, includes buildups and cameo. My use of AA when rendering creates a somewhat softer visual then RA2's normal style, but otherwise I think it matches pretty well.

Comments of all sorts are appreciated. Beyond that, enjoy!

PsychicSensor_Artic.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  586.28 KB
 Viewed:  22366 Time(s)

PsychicSensor_Artic.png

PsychicSensor_Generic.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  614.88 KB
 Viewed:  22366 Time(s)

PsychicSensor_Generic.png

Psychic Sensor.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Psychic Sensor.zip
 Filesize:  1.29 MB
 Downloaded:  1793 Time(s)

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's actually really good. Could be used for quite a lot of different things too, like a stealth generator.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh just what I was looking for the other day. Thanks for this, it's rare to see such a high quality building assets with all the required elements (such as buildup) be released these days. Altough it does not entirely match the Westwood Yuri structure visual style, it does not stick out too much.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool, excellent work.

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks very nice (Y)

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For anyone interested this is what the cameo looks like, I like it Smile

mpsiicon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.04 KB
 Viewed:  22247 Time(s)

mpsiicon.png

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another cameo.

psysicon2.png
 Description:
No text.
 Filesize:  7.73 KB
 Viewed:  22226 Time(s)

psysicon2.png

psysicon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.39 KB
 Viewed:  22226 Time(s)

psysicon.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
comando
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cloudy one is better. Anyway that little thing is exactly what I need.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the cameo is very good. Smile

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work speeder Smile

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great! I definitely have a use for this, and Speeder's textless cameo for it is much appreciated as well.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to see Speeder's cameo alongside other Yuri cameos. The original Yuri set use a very bright sky and all cameos have a more painted background. I'd suggest applying some kind of Photoshop filter to the sky to make it blend a little better.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or replace unfitting bright background on Yuri's cameos with a darker one. #Tongue

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This should be spotlighted?

Great work Droke.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is this not spotlighted yet? Its one of very very few buildings made from scratch. And its looks MARVOLUES! Definitely using this. Great job, Droke! Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work Droke. This would have been a very good candidate for the SHP contest. Wink

The only thing i would complain about is the damage stage. There the rotating part could have some parts of the antennae missing or broken instead of only rotate by some degree to the side.

But none the less
Spotlighted!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent work!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missed the spotlighting. Sweet. Smile

I had consitered damaging it like that. Also adding icecicles for the snow version. However, both had the same issue. I used a 1/3 rotation animation. I'd either have had to make it a full rotation to avoid a looping snap.

As for the obvious 'why not do that?', the image was rendered with AA on, meaning it had to manually clean it before use. SHP Builder's color replacer really helps, but still requires some manual work. Quite boring after the second or third ingame tweak. Extending the animation length 3x the norm wasn't appealing.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know what you mean. I was facing the same issue when i did the TI radar.
To get around this, i rendered the turret with AA on, the background color green and "don't anti-aliase against background" set on in 3dsmax.
Then i rendered it again with AA off, the background again green and the whole non moving building changed to a green material which looks exactly like the background.
In the third step i used gimp to copy the green part of the non-AA rendered frames over to the AA-rendered frames. This way only the anti-aliased turret was left with a smooth AA render and sharp non-blurring borders.

The fourth step was a simple png to shp conversion, without any further time-consuming postprocessing in shp-builder.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO, he's using Cinema4D.

And that makes it even more spectacular.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd really, really, love to see an impaled GI on the center staff. Not that it's going to happen or has a purpose. Aside from that, it's awesome.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have tried rendering an object with AA on, then rendering a second version with everything but the background and remap set to a pure black, with AA disabled. However, the AA sinks into the frame just a bit. Making the entire thing kinda pointless as you still get penty of blue peaking through.

What I do is simply render the image frames with AA on, then switch the model into the background's material and render the shadows, AA off. From there I use SHP Builder's color switching tool to clean up certain colors. Anything near blue get set to index 0, then stuff like blueish greys become set to grey. Ect. Remap is the hardest, but about the same. Then I just loop the animation looking for spots that didn't cut to background right, or snap in odd ways. Those are delt with manually. Its actually fairly quick.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does it move?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not at all. #Tongue It just spins.

Awesome work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Yuri Legends
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something wrong with makeup building in snow ingame: When I placed a building somewhere, the buildup animation won't appear. What gives?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's in wrong size, use ygmpsimk instead.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!