Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hydra
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject:  Hydra Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hydra

The Hydra serves as Nods main naval unit and demonstrates Nods devastating new electrical weaponry. Rather than packing brute force for its firepower, the Hydra fires an arc of lightning at it's target.  These arcs of electricity can split into several arcs hitting multiple enemies at a time if fired at long range, or at short range can hit targets with the full power of the original lightning arc. Whilst the Hydra is a powerful unit in its own right, it still doesn't have the sheer grunt and armour to stand up to GDI's heavy battleships and is usually accompanied by Piranha reinforcements.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, damn! That's one top quality voxel over there! #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somehow I think the voxel should be the other way around.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

prism logic?

mm.. dunno but i more like the voxel to be swapped the front and the back (so the front is the black cone and the rear is sphere thingy)

Last edited by iamn00b on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Railgun most likely.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that is some strange, cool and unique design. It's great. Very Happy

I agree that it could be also mirrored from back to front, but i don't think it's a problem the way it is now.

However, i really want to see a gif/video showing the weapon in action!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like the droid Heavy Tank from Star Wars.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that is one of the most obscure designs I have seen.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it kinda reminds me of those Tank Droids from star wars

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as suggested, put it the other way around and it's awesome

Hydraw Art on Facebook

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forward wheel to a surfboard? Laughing

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it just kind of looks a lot better

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno...
I could probably add a more pronounced bow, but I rather liked the circular front. Considering that the unit is meant to represent a quite advanced piece of Nod technology, probably tacitus based, I wanted it to have a more striking/unusual appearance.

But yeah, if it needs a more conventional look then I'll do that.

This is liable to open a whole new can of worms, but since I have moderation powers here I can magic things away if it does: I honestly don't think that "Hydra" fits a unit which looks like this and shoots lightning. Especially with the GDI units being named in a mythical manner, and Nod's light boat being named after a fish. There's probably a better name out there...

Last edited by Orac on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that i took it in for a while, i actually think the round front is better. It would suit Nod to have an impressive, intimidating front.

Public SHPs

Tools

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
It would suit Nod to have an impressive, intimidating front.

Yeah, and a bigger target.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding the design, I first was a bit stumped by the look, I thought it was back to front but after a while it grows on you as a unique sort of look. Also, if anyone does have any other suggestions for the name of this unit please post them! I guess Stingray would be a more obvious name if we were to choose animals over mythical names.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
if anyone does have any other suggestions for the name of this unit please post them!
ohoh, dangerous. Asking for names has always exaggerated here. Very Happy

Anyway, my suggestion is Nautilus, due to the round, similar shell shaped design.

Public SHPs

Tools

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call it a Xarquid.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call it Gufu

edit: love the unit/design btw

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like Nautilus, I'll wait for a few more suggestions if we get any but if none pop I think LKO as come up with a winner. And for those who aren't sure what that is:

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could've posted a picture of a living creature, not just the shell (although I do know what a Nautilus is) #Tongue

I thought about a few names that might be fitting: Leviathan (sea monster), Cyclone (round shape, lightning) or Typhoon.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about a few name abbrevations of nautilus , such as

Nylus
Nautrite

or something like "Orbus"

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon