Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
Cleaning up my folders
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject:  Cleaning up my folders
Subject description: All the work I never completed - also a few unreleased thingies
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the course of voxeling, I've gone through thousands of ideas. Sometimes the idea works out and gets incorporated into one of my projects, sometimes it doesn't.

This archive, obviously, is mostly composed of voxels which I got bored of while making or I didn't have the time to do justice or weren't a good idea in the first place. They've spent as much as three years sitting around in my voxels folder, and I really couldn't be bothered leaving them sitting there any longer.

I can't be bothered listing exactly what's in here, since it's a bit of a mess.
EDIT: Yes, I can actually:
    -Slightly odd Chrono Prison turret
    -Allied Miner, with unloading version
    -Civilian Digger
    -Disruptor Turret
    -Orca Fighter
    -Generic Tank (no turret)
    -Indescribable voxel
    -Iron Curtain heli
    -Tsunami Tank ala RA3 (no turret)
    -Extra large Destroyer, with and wo
    -Yuri styled Seeker Tank ala TW (no turret)
    -Psychic Tank
    -Artillery Turret
    -Orca Fighter
    -Psychic Tank
    -Nod Repair Drone
    -Soviet AA boat
    -Generic Tank (no turret)
    -Transport Heli
    -Cargo Truck

The reason there are some doubleups in the list is that I made some things more than once - I'm not a hugely imaginative person.

There are tanks whose turrets I still want to use and turrets whose tank I still want to use. There are a number of voxels which are in fairly early stages of completion, ones which are nearly finished, and a few which are absolutely complete. To cap off this mess, none of the voxels have HVAs to go with them, since that's the last thing I do and I haven't reached that stage with many of them.

This is definitely a voxel dump for the strong willed rather than the copypaste crowd - The reason I release these is mostly for organisational purposes, but I do truly hope that there's something in there for someone who can be bothered finishing or turret-swapping or whatever.
In light of this fact, I'm not going to invoke the magical rite of 'credits please' on the set, although if you like a voxel enough to use as is it then I wouldn't mind a quick mention.

Public.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Public.zip
 Filesize:  567.19 KB
 Downloaded:  1184 Time(s)

Last edited by Orac on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow these are VERY nice Orac!

3ds Topic
Clicky

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive voxel release. I'll be using this content in Final War, that's for sure.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Realy nice Smile

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: cleaning Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prob wont use them, but I'll store these files only for the reason that some day someone might ask if anyone has them and I would be able to provide them for some noobie looking to start out modding. Nice of you to share them!

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some potentially good work there Wink

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive Surprised

comando
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite a lot of them are truely exccelent and quite original (Turreted Mastermind !). I can already asure you that some of them will appear in my mod Smile

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Despite them being incomplete, they are nonetheless nothing short of jaw-dropping.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh nice though there is no War Miner as cool to counter that Chrono Miner, which I expect everyone will now be using.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orca, to bad that Iron Helicopter is without rotors, but it is cool, I like it.
I also like that MasterMind and its turret. It can be used as many other things to Yuri's arsenal.
Chrono Miner is awesome too.
That ltnk reminds me of some Alien vehicle which is awesome.
Orcas are very good, I like them too. Excellent work!

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good stuff. I might use some of them.

Love the Seeker. Might find a use for it. And for the miner as well.
And the truck. And the excavator.
And that Soviet ship. #Tongue

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooo these are good gonna have some tinkering with these

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These voxels are all awesome, but I love the NOD repair drone most! Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks folks - I'd better release more in the future, I've been skimping a bit on the community.

Thanks for putting up with me! #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!