Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
so Im super stoked about Ace Combat: Assault Horizons
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject:  so Im super stoked about Ace Combat: Assault Horizons Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the 7th installment in the Ace Combat series moves from the original ace combat story to real-world locations.

It's also moving away from it's long-range fire-and-forget type gameplay.

Best part? Not only are you a fighter pilot, but a UH60 door gunner, a AC130 gunner, and an Apache gunner!

And here's a sick gameplay video of the first mission

Last edited by daTS on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda find real world locations annoying - either they feel like a bad stereotype of what is likely to be a much more varied environment in real life, or they go the opposite route and just seem like the opposite of escapism.

It's a minor annoyance for me in a game which looks to be awesome, but the unreal world is always more fun to explore just on novelty alone.

My experience of Ace Combat is highly limited, but still, if I had a console which could run it then I certainly would.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played the demo/beta. Compared to any other Ace Combat that has ever existed... This one is terrible, and doesn't deserve the title "Ace Combat."

I'm sorry, but even as an avid Ace Combat fan and supporter, I have to say this one may actually be worse than that shitty game HAWX was.

Of course, it was the demo. I'll still at least rent the game.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac: Try it! I think you'll like it.

Scorched Earth: While I understand your sentiments, and I too don't see it as an "Ace Combat" game because I'm so used to the Ace Combat world, I still think that the gameplay itself is amazing. I've always loved dogfighting, and this really helps make it more cinematic while still maintaining control. (Then again, I've always loved those kinds of games).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing this series from Air Combat and even have myself a Jap copy of Ace Combat 3 with all the extras, have all the games so far and when I heard this one was going to be real world I was kinda dissapointed. I always loved the fact these games were set in a similar yet different universe which could allow for more freedom with ideas and concepts, I especially loved Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere because of it's futuristic style and strange planes. I like the idea of expanding the gameplay and what you can do, especially with helicopters but Ace Combat series always drew me in with it's story and fiction, I REALLY wish they made all these awesome gameplay updates in their original world.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not that I have a problem with the game itself, it just feels like... The controls are too easy, and it feels like an arcade game, not an Ace Combat game.

I mean, go back and play Zero and Five, then play AH, and you'll notice a huge difference.

While I'm at it, I have to say the fighter jet gameplay in BF3 is absolutely amazing.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't like it that much either, the new close combat gameplay made it feel like a scripted on rails shooter. The story was just boring & prdictable, they apparently got some famous novalist to write it but it just felt like an incoherent Moden Warfare rip off. The new helicopter levels weren't that great, the one in Black Ops was a lot better IMO >.>

Lastly it's not an real Ace Combat game unless there is a giant flying battleship mid game & you have to fly your plane into the last boss to destroy it! XP

Overall I'll stick with Zero, Five & Six for my air combat addiction.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ Yeah I thought the same thing, MW2 clone

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I got it, and I dunno about you, I loved it. DFM is fucking BOSS. I'm loving the whole "up close and rape your tailpipe" thing. Storyline was okay-ish, but online is fun. I also like the idea of painting my planes. That's pretty fun too Smile

Also, the soundtrack is the shit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum