Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Don't worry, It's not dead!
Moderators: Aro, daTS, FurryQueen
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject:  Don't worry, It's not dead! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've actually been working quite a bit on Echilon. Most of it is unit-listing and storybased though, so sadly, I've only got a tiny bit of eye candy. But here's a tiny little update, just to keep your interest.

Shown here's a couple of the Federation's ground-based defenses. Obviously, it's the Anti-Tank and Anti-Infantry turrets. They're only meshes right now, as I'm still no good at UVW mapping.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wings3d is pretty brillant in UVW Mapping. Just sorta.. One-click to get everything projected onto the map, then you can modify it yourself..
You can color-group things, and all "same color'd" items will remain grouped on the map.

export/import 3ds.

Anyways.. Nice model.. Real Problem I have, is coming up with weapon designs :/

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no problem designing them. It's actually relatively easy. I just draw it up on paper and then model it out.

3DS Also has a really intuitive UVW Mapping process, it's just that I have yet to figure out all the controls.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can never figure out how i want them to look. I always rage and think it looks horrible. #Tongue

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found UVW mapping to be relatively easy recently after a bit of research. Obviously you've got basic UVW knowledge, so I'm not going to waste your time on basics.
Just use UVW unwrap -> Parameters -> Edit:

Also, you will really want to research more into Lightmaps and 3D Bump maps (easier to make since you're using your modeling skills to do so.) I'd post another tutorial, but am far too tired to make it remotely understandable.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to look into that, 4star, but you may have just helped me tremendously. Box mapping may be my solution...

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have ridiculously high expectations for this mod and am suicidal about it. So don't let me down or you might have a suicide on you conscious. (Seriously though, I'm just kidding.)

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After looking at the models posted (too much?), you may just have to go more advanced, and flatten mapping.

3D bumps are easy because all you have to do is make a white model, make what you want the bumps to be, face front (or top), and render it. Lightmaps otherwise, MODDB has a nice tutorial.

EDITED FOR BEING DRUNK

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon