Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Propaganda Style Units (Ares or NpatchExt needed..)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
maestro21
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject:  Propaganda Style Units (Ares or NpatchExt needed..)
Subject description: Like in Generals ZH (only Heals Damage)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is possible to make a good kind of propaganda wave effect Unit ;

important Rules ini. codes :

on unit:

TurretSpins=yes ; good for me :;
CanPassiveAquire=yes
CanRetaliate=yes
Primary=Aura
DefaultToGuardArea=yes
GuardRange=255

DetectDisguise=yes
DetectionDistance=255
OpportunityFire=yes
HasStupidGuardMode=false
AttackFriendlies=yes
AttackCursorOnFriendlies=yes

BuildLimit=1 ; for game balance you know its Power Smile

on Weapon:

[Aura]
Damage=1 ;dummy so it won't damage friendlies
ROF=70
Range=255 ; so it will fire all the time
Projectile=InvisibleAll
Speed=40
Warhead=AURAWH
OmniFire=yes
Anim=REDRING
; you can make this something else what you want

Warheads Tags :

[AURAWH]
Verses=5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5% ;example only and at least one must be bigger than %2 or all will be lost ...

this is for anim WH

[HEALWH]
Wall=no
Wood=no
Verses=-20%,-20%,-20%,-20%,-25%,-25%,-25%,-25%,-25%,-25%,-25% ;negative values are so important
CellSpread=7 ;good for me
PercentAtMax=.6

and finally look to the Art ini. codes for REDRING anim damage Smile

[REDRING]
Layer=ground
Surface=yes
Damage=20  ;this is enough for balance
Warhead=HEALWH  ; explained upside Wink
Rate=800 ; good  rate for me

don't forget to add REDRING to Anim list and AURAWH and HEALWH  to Warheads lists .

Enjoy with your auto healing post unit now Smile

Edit: Subject is updated. I put an information on it that Ares or NPExt needed. Smile

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #NPatch #Rules.INI 

Last edited by maestro21 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL AIM Address
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting idea but won't it heal enemies as well?

Also, a note: This needs an enhancer, YR has animwarheads hardcoded.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have done this before, a bit different method:
- modify psychic ring weapon (IFV weapon of yuri) to damage with negative verses, Range=255, OmniFire=yes, and AffectEnemies=no (ARES needed)
- give OpportunityFire=yes, AttackFriendlies=yes, AttackCursorOnFriendlies=yes, DefaultToGuardArea=yes, and GuardRange=255 to the vehicle

and done!

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

He can use AffectsEnemies=no once ares 0.2 is out.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a reread, I realized, yeah, only AffectEnemies=no is enough to make this idea really useful.

That's already in Ares 0.1, Midas.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
maestro21
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Also, a note: This needs an enhancer, YR has animwarheads hardcoded.

Sure. It will heal enemies ,too. Sad (in vanillia YR) But thanks to "Ares" (Supreme patch for modders !) " AffectEnemies=no " comes out and this will prevent healing enemies like our friends said upside... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL AIM Address
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We should probably have an Ares modding section, all things considered...

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or just put [Ares] in subject

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, guys, if you notice it... the original tutorial wasn't written with Ares in mind.

=======================

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
After a reread, I realized, yeah, only AffectEnemies=no is enough to make this idea really useful.

That's already in Ares 0.1, Midas.

Shows what I know!

then again, I'm a tester, so I don't keep track of release features, just what's broken in the version i'm currently testing Smile

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah hell, I'm pretty damn fluent with Ares and even I have a hard time remembering whats already usable. Wink

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to read the ares manual a lot, and I consider myself pretty fluent in ares ini code. I'm always just checking to see if I missed any ini features I want to implement in my mod.

Lately though I haven't modded much, and don't read the manual as much either.

As for an ares only modding section, I think that's silly. A lot of modders on ppm already use, or have used ares, or are at least familiar with it. So questions and tutorials relating to ares, are easy enough to get answers for.

By the way the concept for this Propaganda Style Unit has already been done before. Although I give you props for actually submitting a tutorial for it. Though I think if it were an ares tutorial it would work better using a Generic Sw rather then animations, unless you have issues with cloned buildings. Or you could wait for a future version of ares with attach-animations. Well with a building you could just use an animation anyways though. You know in the end there are just lots of ways to implement this in ares.

Oh and @ Graion Dilach "if the tutorial was not meant for Ares why does the tutorial use a Ares feature, which is not present in normal game?"

He uses AURAWH warhead on his art code.
Ares Manual wrote:

Animation Damage Warheads

Animations may have appeared to deal damage randomly rather than based on the warhead specified. In fact, animations were hard-coded to deal damage using the warhead specified by [CombatDamage]►FlameDamage2, unless the animation ID was [INVISO], in which case the warhead used was [CombatDamage]►C4Warhead. With Ares, the [Animation]►Warhead= flag will be adhered to, with the aforementioned warheads used as the default if [Animation]►Warhead is not specified.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That can apply to NPatch too. And I can be wrong but maybe NPExt has AffectsEnemies, too.

=======================

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
And I can be wrong but maybe NPExt has AffectsEnemies, too.

Yes it has. Just with a different name. It's useless with animation warheads though since animations do not have proper owner assigned to them or something to that effect I think.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
It's useless with animation warheads though since animations do not have proper owner assigned to them or something to that effect I think.

do my method then :p

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whatever patch you are using,there is the simple way.Why use anim damage when you have the weapon itself?

Weapon-Warhead-AffectEnemies=no
Weapon-Warhead-verses=negative
Weapon-Projectile-Vertical
Weapon-Projectile-DetonatonAltitude=0
Weapon-Range=255

and attackfriendlies on unit.

If you use a secondary explosion like airburst you can even make the tower do damage to enemies,when the secondary warhead has affectallies=no.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should point out that, as it has Range=255 and fires all the time, the unit will be revealed continously to enemies.
(I know, I have an ambulance with this area heal mechanic, but only for nearby infantry)

To prevent this, use RevealOnFire=no

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon