Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Game lag issue
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
vayger
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject:  Game lag issue Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love TS very much and I was very happy when I found TI.
I play TI almost everyday, thank staff, you guys did really great job.

But there is something annoying me a lot that game will lag after start. It's happen when I start building , play in big map
and flame effect on the ground. Every thing slow down even I set game speed in 6.

Here is my PC
CPU : Intel Core I5-2400
RAM : 8g
VGA : N560GTX-Ti

i think this pc is good enough to play TS , but the lag still happen.

and there is another PC in my office
CPU : Intel core 2 duo CPU E8400
RAM : 2G
VGA : no

this PC is older, but played TS and TI very smoothly even in big map with lots flame effect on the ground.

Any one know what cause game lag and how to fix it?

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, TI runs very smoothly at my PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom X3 2.3 Ghz
RAM: 3,25 GB
VGA: None

I guess it is the Windows, and that TI runs less smoothly at Windows 7 than it does at Windows XP. Can others confirm this?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture wrote:
I guess it is the Windows, and that TI runs less smoothly at Windows 7 than it does at Windows XP. Can others confirm this?
I get the same results on everything TS-based on two different computers which have XP and 7 on dualboot.

I'd expect vayger's Win7 PC to be able to still handle it though. I can personally play 6-player skirmishes on TI without lag on a AMD Phenom II X4 and a Radeon HD 4850 on Windows 7, but 8-player matches start to slow down.

Lowering the resolution and the detail level will improve performance a bit, although I don't think there's anything else you could do.

vayger
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think win7 is not the main reason causing lag. Actually I have this problem at long time ago. Running TS on win98 and XP with not bad pc still got lag.

I almost give up until I play TI by the pc in my office. I think there should be some way to solve this problem.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems like TS doesn't like some GPUs.

Many AMD cards and mostly Nvidia cards have had problems with TS over the years. Hence the weird lag issues people get.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mission with flamethrowers, for Nod? That's mission 2 right?

Anyway, there's a smoke cloud on the upper map that severely lags my super-extreme-mega-advanced-ultra-computer. In the old Nod base.

It only lags when the base is on screen, doesn't matter if the base is revealed or not.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Things that make TS (and TI) lag for me:
-large amount of anims on screen
-large amount of voxel units on screen
-Stealth effect (mostly with bases)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
Anyway, there's a smoke cloud on the upper map that severely lags my super-extreme-mega-advanced-ultra-computer.

Triggered smoke particlesystems on a waypoint are known to cause lags and Aro started already removing all of these from the maps.
We will add in future some invisible dummy buildings which get a simple SHP smoke anim as these are a lot more performance friendly and they also don't need the smoke anim to be restarted after a while (since particlesystem smoke doesn't plays infinite).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

vayger
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi guys, good news
I saw this from cncz

It can solve the lag problem on win7.
But sometimes it will cause error randomly.
Except this error , it work pretty good ,no more lag in game playing.

error.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  error.txt
 Filesize:  20.74 KB
 Downloaded:  88 Time(s)

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news. It's already posted here in the TS Editing forum. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum