Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OH MY GOD
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject:  OH MY GOD
Subject description: I SHED A ztyping TEAR
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'll finally get introduced to the X-COM universe...or not. Whatevs.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay! Coming this fall!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must see if it's like the old one. I've seen many versions of it, but none where as good as the original.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, even if it's little more than facelift of the original, it would be worth the time/wait. I lost all hope in a X-com derivative that's not completely copying the original.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Being made by Firaxis, can't get any wrong with them, Sid Meier...YEAH

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, turn based strategy games are boring to me.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
Meh, turn based strategy games are boring to me.

This. Turn-based is lame.

Steam

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turn-based is classic

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

classic sure but in my love for real time strategy, I just hate waiting and even using turns when I could have real time interaction, X-com's typical trap was that you moved into some spot in your turn and of course there is constant fog of war basicly... and next you know in AI turn, alien critter moves to your spot (you could not see him!) and you just watch your dude die without firing back/or you can't flee him since hello..turn based...

when your turn returns, his dead already and well... try cut your losses then and kill the sob in turns but this very fact of turn based makes the game last looong time, I know a friend played x-com2 for years... to go thru missions, me being action man get bored moving 1 or few cells at a time.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

X-Com: Apocalypse had real time. The only strategy was either demolishing everything or to find an entrance to the building and wait until the enemy comes out. X-Com is not a series for people who are out for action (well, at least for those who can't wait for it). I guess this certainly proves the words of the guys who works on PR for XCOM, in regards to people mainly dismissing TBS genre overall.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TB system in X-COM indeed had some flaws. But JA2 experience tells that TBS can be interesting and ballanced.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The issue with UFO:EU for me that it was OVERWHELMING. I still like TBSes (although yeah, I liked them better a decade ago, now I only play Master of Orion 2 occasionally... and still waiting for Heroes 3 WoG 3.59) and I love the game's complexity, but yeah, that kind of management is beyond my skills.

I still applaud the resurrection, and hope that it will be as depth as the original one.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCOM in real time would be ztyping deadly.

Be happy it's TBS.

I'm ztyping stroked for this.

As for the XCOM shooter... I would have loved the concept, IF ONLY YOUR BUDDIES DIED.

Oh man, imagine. It could have been a superdeadly "one shot, GAME OVER" shooter, in which you would have to use your buddies as meat shields to complete the mission.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum