Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Newly registered, thought I say hi
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject:  Newly registered, thought I say hi Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by OrangeNero on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 am; edited 3 times in total

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screenshots = Prt Scrn on Windows PC's...

Other than that, Welcome to PPMSite. If I played TS, I may have given your mod a look-see.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome aboard Cornholio.. er.. OrangeNero. #Tongue
OrangeNero wrote:
Also I can't ask this enough about which program is to use for recording TS/RA2 and maybe even making screenshots.

Screenshots are done by the inbuild screenshot function in the games.
Usually you can do a screenshot via the keyboard shortcut ctrl+c, but you can adjust this in each game and your shortcut might be different or not even set. Check out ingame the keyboard settings.
The screenshot is then saved as PCX in the game folder. However when you want to show/upload it here, you should convert it into PNG format first (e.g. via IrfanView).

As for videos i guess the best is trial and error of some different free programs. Some say Fraps works with C&C, others say it doesn't, so you should test it yourself. It depends on your PC.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You will most likely find it hard to like me since I am still very new to modding c&c and most annoyingly for you all I LOVE Tibed, yes I said it. Tibed. Don't even bother telling me how supreme a notepad is, I heard it all. Still prefer Tibed.

Oh dear...

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You will most likely find it hard to like me since I am still very new to modding c&c and most annoyingly for you all I LOVE Tibed, yes I said it. Tibed. Don't even bother telling me how supreme a notepad is, I heard it all. Still prefer Tibed.

Nobody cares, thats your problem. You will have to use notepade either way, to fix all bugs TibeEd most likely will made.
PS And of course you will have no idea what may causing thouse bugs, because thats was not you who edited inis

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the screenshot feature, it saves them as a number and as pcx and I can then convert them and have an ugly stamp (this was created with xxx) so I'd have a new question, what to use to convert pcx? I think this should be added to the modding tools. Having some programs to show your mod are essential.

about fraps, some versions of it work and some ain't. Someone told me that with the trial from 2009 he was able to record TS. My buddy found a program that can also record TS but it saves them in its own file format, luckily it got a upload to youtube feature.

@Aro only my dear is allowed to call me like that, however if you insist I'd give you a hug anytime.

Anyway I got a theory that may could work out to make aircrafts with a turret possible, a cheap one but you may didn't think about it. Well you probbably did. Where should I post it? In the research center maybe.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
About the screenshot feature, it saves them as a number and as pcx and I can then convert them and have an ugly stamp (this was created with xxx) so I'd have a new question, what to use to convert pcx?
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
However when you want to show/upload it here, you should convert it into PNG format first (e.g. via IrfanView).
Wink

IrfanView is free and imo the best picture viewer and converter out there. It's very fast and loads/saves almost all file formats. A very reliable batch-conversion function allows also to convert many pictures at once.

OrangeNero wrote:
Anyway I got a theory that may could work out to make aircrafts with a turret possible, a cheap one but you may didn't think about it. Well you probbably did. Where should I post it? In the research center maybe.

Better post it in the Modding Forum first. After all these years, i doubt that you found something new, but if that's the case, a moderator (like me) can still move it in the research forum.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Anyway,
Tibed eh? I guess we all have to have a start somewhere.

Regardless, welcome.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
@Aro only my dear is allowed to call me like that, however if you insist I'd give you a hug anytime.

Hilarious.

In a better-worded response, you're going to encounter a lot of trouble with TibEd in the near future, hence why nobody uses it and everybody hates on the program, its a lot more trouble than what it's worth and even though it may seem like you've done everything correctly, TibEd will throw stupid bugs and errors in your INI files without you consent. Your attitude in your first post indicates that you are ready to ignore anybody whom recommends you avoid the program, if you prefer the program, then by all means, continue to use it, but don't be surprised when you get an "I told you so".

In any case, welcome to PPM... Dear.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Cornholio

Quote:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cornhole

#Tongue

Otherwise, welcome.

As for TibEd, tried it as well, sucks ass, it nearly destroyed my YR mod. Don't recommend it at all. It makes a lot of bugs and makes your mod unusable.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wut iz TibEd?

Seriously, Notepad++ for insta-win. Depending on a GUI in INIs when even those INIs are kinda readable with English knowledge (except AI triggers and their numeric language, I use DCoder's AI Editor for that) is lame.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only guy that uses EditPad Pro? Confused

SnowWasFalling.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.1 KB
 Viewed:  4659 Time(s)

SnowWasFalling.JPG

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use notepad ++...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Newly registered, thought I say hi Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

First, welcome.

Second, you're going to grow out of using TibEd one way or another anyways. Because A) It breaks the coding B) you're going to run into the 100 Unit limit bug at some point C) No one is going to bother helping you with IE's when you used TibEd.

Just Fair Warning.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, am I the only who uses regular notepad? xD

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah, I use the normal wordpad, too (or did, anyway #Tongue)

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So long as you use TibEd, any requests for help will be replied to with "Stop using TibEd".

So feel free to continue using TibEd, but you're going to have to do everything the hard way, and by yourself - not to mention you'll have a lot of trouble enacting any tutorials you find, since they're written for people editing properly.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As someone mentioned before, Orac, everyone starts at some point. TibEd is a good option for a quick start, because everythings listed. You see the connections much faster - yet the editing is a pain in the arse if you want to do more advanced stuff. Things like that needs a bit time... #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all for your warm welcoming and accepting me in here. Also I got Hypercam suggested and can confirm that it works. Hypercam works! Now to reply to some.

@Nordos agree for first steps and simple mods tibed comes really in handy, also any gamer can adjust my tibed mod with tibed with ease.
I am aware that its like driving a bicycle with supporting wheels but as you said somebody needs to start somewhere. I have only encountered one bug so far and I have it under control. Its the weapon swap of some units.

@Orac you exaggerate quite a bit there, if I ask you something rather simple like about burst delay theres no need to go with "stop using tibed" also many tutorials can easily be followed with tibed I have proven that.
I do not claim it to be the best or of any use to experts and modding veterans which I clearly am not.

@Deformat I will not reply to you if you use such grammar in the future. I don't know what you have done in your mod it was probably too advanced for tibed.
You should know that you make a backup before changing over to another software so tibed would never destroy your mod just the copy if at all which you should have made.
So Nuh uuh no hugs for you.

May as well point out that with the "import current changes" feature you can load any mod into tibed that isn't too advanced. Something Nyerguds and others told me was impossible.
Don't worry all I will restrain from mentioning tibed much more in here and wont bug you with tibed related questions.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

@Deformat I will not reply to you if you use such grammar in the future.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a friendly word of advice: change your attitude, or prepared to face some serious problems from certain members (veterans know who I mean)...

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not fond of this fuckwit already. I'm going to get banned because of this one.

Steam

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
I'm not fond of this fuckwit already. I'm going to get banned because of this one.

Please don't Fen, it's not worth it #Tongue

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll come right back, y'know. #Tongue

Steam

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah I think he's got some bumps but those can be beat out #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi and welcome. .-. XP

I remember when i started modding RA2 too, thoses days using tibed... until i tried understand how the hell the rules.ini worked (yeah i use normal notepad too XD) then, one time i simply stopped using tibed, you will learn in the future i hope. Wink

And well, good luck in the modding, and be careful, some people here bite hard. Laughing

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey thx to you too for the warm welcoming. I will grow out of tibed eventually Smile
They can bite as hard as they want i got the acid blood from the ALIEN so they will see what they get from it Wink

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mainly don't like you because of your avatar. :3
Then again, FurryQueen's avatars invoke some rage within me, but then I learn to deal with it.. The pony is a cool cat.. I mean, pony, just have to learn to deal with it. x]

Same goes for you... You'll end up pissing off quite a few people, but eventually you'll be conformed. >Wink

Again, to restate my first topic.

Welcome to Hell, I mean.. Welcome to PPMSite. Very Happy

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
@Deformat I will not reply to you if you use such grammar in the future.

K.

Quote:
I don't know what you have done in your mod it was probably too advanced for tibed.

My mods are always advanced.

Quote:
So Nuh uuh no hugs for you.

I feel offended.

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D'Alema's face is freaky O_O, but yeah, now that i know how to code thanks to PPM Members, Notepad IS REALLY USEFUL *-*

Team : Mentalmeister | Mapper for Mental Omega 3.0

Team : TO Project | Mapper for Tiberian Odyssey

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontlines wrote:
Then again, FurryQueen's avatars invoke some rage within me, but then I learn to deal with it.. The pony is a cool cat.. I mean, pony, just have to learn to deal with it. x]

pshaw. My avatars are awesome.

Steam

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... They're awesomely annoying. :#

But you don't have any animated avatars at the moment, so it doesn't bother me. ^^

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still don't get this thing with ponies. It's like people need to act feminine to make up for their lack of feminine attention #Tongue

The Team Black Index

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This pretty much explains whats so awesome about a brony http://z0r.de/3502 . I may add that theres some not too bad Rule 34 applied to them.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I still don't get this thing with ponies. It's like people need to act feminine to make up for their lack of feminine attention #Tongue

Hardly. #Tongue

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Not too bad" and "Rule 34" are sort of opposite ends of a scale.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ponies are okay I guess... I'd get something Anime-ish but that would be too cliche of me.

FurryQueen had that Deal with It one before though...

Being in the internet for more than 9 years has made me... meh with everything, The Rule 34's you tend to deal with it but eventually due to how the internet is really ****ed up you learn to accept anything now. Laughing

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Team Black Index

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
"Not too bad" and "Rule 34" are sort of opposite ends of a scale.

This is not accurate. #Tongue

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh fine.

Not too bad - - - - - - - - Rule 34 - - - - - - - - Something else

it still ain't right. #Tongue

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As if you would know. #Tongue

Steam

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon