Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Extreme and Permanent Lagg.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject:  Extreme and Permanent Lagg.
Subject description: Is it Normal?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys, I've been having problems with the editor, I don't know why, but sometimes when I'm working in a voxel with more than 1.3k voxels, the computes slowly begins to lagg, until the point you can barely open minimize your stuff and open a folder, it is similar to when your playing SCII or any game that consuming in a common (NOT NEW) comp, once you close the game, you're forced to restart it, because the lagg doesn't allow you to anything else.

This has happened In both my desktop computer 512 video, 2gb ram and my notebook, which It's only 4 months old, so I can't blame my machines.

So, is this normal?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big sized voxels are computationally expensive for the renderer of the program. You can speed up the program by disabling the 3d preview and only enabling it when you really need to see the final result.

By big size, I mean that the multiplication of x, y and z dimensions are high... it doesn't matter if the voxels are filled or not.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And just as a question, the lagg that the rendering proccess creates is really that accumulative? If you got the 3d preview on for 1 hour you start to get the nostalgia of playing wc3 with a 2001 Windows 98 comp (How I loved that comp...)
Edit: Forgot to say thanks for the answer.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it's not accumulative. As far as I've tested (extensively), there is no memory leak of any kind on VXLSE III's renderer and it just relies on the voxel data.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum