Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Terragen Users?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [84 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject:  Terragen Users? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone here ever used Terragen? If not, then you should. It's fantasticly powerful and you can make great renders and cameos from it. I'll have to post some of the stuff I made with it, it's really good and realistic.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's cool, I've been using it for a LONG time... but not for anything CnC related, just for cool wallpapers Smile I only wish there was a way to depict tidal waves or something like that... It only makes flat water, with ripples, but nothing STORMY... I don't call myself an artist, cause I'm not, with art I'm as good as a blind monkey Sad
Maybe I'll attach something later, if I find old interesting renders.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah post some stuff

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm... can I have a link to download it??? Sound interesting and I could make some FanArt and Wallpapers for CnC Central with this Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would u like to post some images u made with it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can be found in here.
I've made over 50 various renders with it, but my friends picked these as the best.

If anyone thinks these are worth something, I can attach more of them.

Damn, I just remembered the filenames were not translated into english.. Oh well, who cares? Smile

art.rar
 Description:
Please, don\'t laugh at them :)

Download
 Filename:  art.rar
 Filesize:  177.08 KB
 Downloaded:  258 Time(s)

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are some of my ones. A lot of mine are mainly for cameos so are quite flat, but these ones will hopefully be for full renders of stuff.
I like the sunset one there Nobody.

terragen stuff.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  terragen stuff.zip
 Filesize:  324.65 KB
 Downloaded:  226 Time(s)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

attach them here as jpg pics

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, your renders also are cool, not to mention more detailed Wink

Last edited by John Galt on Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW!!!!

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy
Look at these sites, they have much more amazing renders, mine are pretty newbie-ish compared to them...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow... this program is pretty good Smile.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my most recent one. Made it an hour or so ago. So recent I haven't converted to jpg yet.

16.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  16.zip
 Filesize:  440.59 KB
 Downloaded:  209 Time(s)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is Terragen free?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably not...

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wish 3ds could do that Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually it is, unless you want to use the art u make for profit, in which case u must register it for a price.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just finished Downloading it.. I'll have to try it tonight.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found a good use for it... I'm going to use it to make cameo backrounds for RA2... TS has specific ones.. but I'll use it for that... and backrounds for renders in general.. I have a few that I could just slap on a 3d tank or a 3d copter and it would be awesome...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My latest achievement... Very Happy

By the way, Banshee, how do I attach JPG to make it show a thumbnail-size only, and click to see full-size? I saw you did that somewhere before...

And as for the price... Somebody already said that, it's free for non-profit users, but Registration is required for commercial use. Plus registered users get some more features for uber-quality images.

peizazas52.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.19 KB
 Viewed:  14381 Time(s)

peizazas52.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So where can i download it?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought this works fine?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I'd recommend getting it, if not for the cameos then the endless fun you can do with renders and stuff combined with it.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Dled the program Very Happy , here was my first attempt. I tried to make it look kinda Tiberian Sun-ish

terra 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.53 KB
 Viewed:  14366 Time(s)

terra 01.jpg

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's awesome!
Dusk of the Tiberium Age Very Happy

I just found thistutorial, it looks really interesting... Beware, 2,5 MB file!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice... as for thumbnail, it was an accident that happened with the attachments when we moved, but it annoyed PPM:FD crew (including me), so we removed it...

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do i apply differnt textures to the cliffs? Like snow?

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering that too... but I don't know, perhaps I will take a closer look at things tomarrow.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Different textures: open Landscape window (where you draw the terrain), Surface Map section -> Open, but there are only few presets, so you better make a new one ... Surface Map section -> Edit or Add Child. Add more child surfacemaps for variation, since one map can only be one color. Fore instance, my last creation (snowy rock next to a lake) was built using one texture map with two child surfaces, so it has three types of terrain: rock, grass and snow (preset GrassAndSnow2).

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do istop the clouds from being seen on the water?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made this for your pleasure...

bg_sky1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.75 KB
 Viewed:  14319 Time(s)

bg_sky1.jpg

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How did you do the rain and lightning?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Ulead PhotoImpact 7 Rolling Eyes

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha! terror cheats Wink jk well heres two of the same scene i made, wich one ay like better?

terra 056.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.95 KB
 Viewed:  14309 Time(s)

terra 056.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this yellow in the mountain is weirdo... but the scene looks cool...

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the right one. your finding it hard to detail the cliffs also then?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The right one is really cool Very Happy

BTW, there are many options in Terragen to help you customize the looks of surfaces, look at Surface Map -> Edit -> Advanced Distribution (child surfaces only). You can set that yellow to appear only at a certain height, or on certain angle of slope, or whatever you choose.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, the left one looks like somewhere i camped last summer, i just finished dloading the prog (took like 30 sec thanx to dsl) and will test it soon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I may get it later and try my horrible art skillz on it.

All hail me

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not easy

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oy I made a bunch of them... but these are 3 erm... interesting ones I was exploring with water, mountains, and surfaces

image8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.64 KB
 Viewed:  14266 Time(s)

image8.jpg

image7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.08 KB
 Viewed:  14265 Time(s)

image7.jpg

image5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  265.84 KB
 Viewed:  14260 Time(s)

image5.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes they are a start. How did you do the sharp cliffs?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to bad the terrain didn't blendwith the sky better. Me gonna dl this now and try it out.

All hail me

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
Yes they are a start. How did you do the sharp cliffs?

to make the sharp cliffs I just messed around a lot with the "glaciate" and "canyonize" stuff... and it seemed to make things ether narrower or pointier.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just have smoothness set to 0. THey'll be very sharp (but very unrealistic).

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I tried it but mine's missing water, and a sky, I had the sky at one point but then lost it.

All hail me

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Either the camera is too high, or you just unticked "Sky" in the render window Laughing

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my latest one. I think it looks pretty good.

17.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.82 KB
 Viewed:  14234 Time(s)

17.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah thats good, nice detail on the cliffs n stuff

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon