Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Future Preview (Posponed to later update)
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject:  Future Preview (Posponed to later update)
Subject description: Not official, changes may still occur
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Subfactions have been posponed to a later update)

This is not official, i am still switching things around and one of the faction units might be changed. The Factions are already completed and fully functional, I wanted to have that done prior to me mentioning anything. Each faction will have 1 unique and powerfull unit which aids the player in their prefferred style of gameplay. If you like turtles where you sit in your base or build massive aircraft armies, one of the factions will appeal to you. I have 12 new units/structure planned out (2 for each faction) but I will only have 6 for this update since I dont want to be overburdened with work. The icons for the units are not none yet, I'll update the image when they are completed.

Subterrainean vehicles, Nod jumpjet drones, mobile obelisks, and massive aircraft battleships will be in this update. Yes subterrainean units will be added but not pavement. How will this work or be balanced?, you'll just have to wait and see!

There will also be a reworked soundtrack with some of the best music from Emperor: Battle for dune, Tiberium Wars, and Frank Klepacki. And just to make it more unique, some of the songs will be a special Aydra remix! You can hear one of the songs on the 1.2 version preview video up on moddb.

There will be 2 new maps, one 6-8 player map made for intense massive battles and a new conquest map. There will be more added in this version and I will post it as it progresses.

Last edited by Aydra on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking forward to this. Very interesting.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now this is what makes a project. Impressed with with everything i have seen so far Smile

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed very impressive i'm looking forward too this alot when its released Very Happy, Not that i'm not the only one i'm guessing.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty amazing! I'm getting the expansion pack vibe from this next update.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
Now this is what makes a project. Impressed with with everything i have seen so far Smile

Precisely. Someone knows how to market his mod.

It reminds me of the ways AG used to promote his mod.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, im really gonna take my time on this one. My main intention behind TS3 was to improve gameplay to make it fast paced with more action. ATM im not happy with the AI so ill make sure to overhaul their difficulty to suit easy-medium-hard (brutal). Version 1.3 will add factions which should make the replay value alot higher, same thing I was trying with the conquest type maps.

Anyways I thought I had the factions glitch free but i ran into some problems with units not allowing building upgrades as a prerequisite. Also if at anytime your main faction conyard was destroyed, you were not able to build powerplants which lead to the rest of the tech tree even if you had a regular conyard. Sadly i have to overhaul this, there will not be a conyard prime anymore.

I do have another idea which seems solid but Ill have to test it out first, but I might have to change my tech style leveling back to the original TS, which ill willing to sacrifice. If anyone has any examples of other TS mods that have factions, Id like some other options.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I help? In my mod I made a special structure to choose class by an upgrade, in this case, it'd work to choose subfaction. Or you could make a "real" subfaction.
Whishing you the best.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't you just use the third side workaround to create subfactions?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really, remove the raptor tank...iots too generic, and C&C up till EA (and thats about the only thing i hated about TW) no mobile unit had LAZZZ====RRRRS....they wrere always exclusively for base defence since they drain so much energy. however, i have nothing against it if this was includet as "veteran weapon" when promoted. have a battle tank with conventional weaponry, it's way better. with that -> veteran weapon as laser upgrade , it would be ok if not really good.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Job well done Smile

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Couldn't you just use the third side workaround to create subfactions?

What is this exactly?

Quote:
really, remove the raptor tank...iots too generic, and C&C up till EA (and thats about the only thing i hated about TW) no mobile unit had LAZZZ====RRRRS....they wrere always exclusively for base defence since they drain so much energy. however, i have nothing against it if this was includet as "veteran weapon" when promoted. have a battle tank with conventional weaponry, it's way better. with that -> veteran weapon as laser upgrade , it would be ok if not really good.

Well the raptor tank is a mass production unit and its supposed to be generic. The Titan and raptor is a mass production unit where you just charge with 100 of em. The Raptor tank does less damage, is weaker, cheaper, but shoots farther range than the titan. I only made it a lazer cause I wanted to change it up rather than a cannon. I was thinking of making a gattling tank for Nod or some light tank that shoots armor peircing rounds. (the gattling tank idea I still like)

I think there was lazer tank in tiberium wars...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont think a gattling tank would suffice as generic battle tank, i know it's supposed to be generic, but laser based is too early, in that era before mobile utilizing too engery costly to mount it on a vehicle and visually not as appealing....meybe for a late game unit, but not as generic battle tank, i'd look for a conventional weapon, cannon based or missile based or something along the lines.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's just a mod. To be fair, the Laser tank idea isn't that bad. I kinda dig it.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

of course, and i dont want to interfere with his stuff, it's just what i thought, sure laser tanks are ok, i just dont think it fits with this early tech.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyways my primary issue im dealing with is getting the factions to work with zero problems. Here are some problems im trying to avoid:

1. Having only one faction chosen per match
2. When your faction upgrade structure (CYP) is destroyed can I rebuilt it without having the player choose another faction?
3. Having the faction only units not require the faction upgrade to be built (since this doesnt work)
4. Have the bots use the factions correctly
5. Avoid making placeholder structures that are for prerequisites and not for gameplay wasting the players time and build space

These are the issues I was trying to avoid and I want this to be FLAWLESS and unable to be exploited nomatter what the player did. I believe I found a solution to this, it took me a week of brainstorming tech tree's to make this fuction properly.

The player will see no problems and for them it will work perfectly as I planned but there is one downfall, I have to remove power turbines. They will be build with 3 turbines attached so no more upgrading. (i didnt like them anyways.)
In the end this is what I have to add to make this work:

6 Construction yards + 1 Construction yard Prime
7 MCV's
9 powerplants
6 barracks/hand of nod
6 warfactories
3 gdi helipads

Ill post a tech tree after I get it all functioning, but you wont know a difference when you play ingame other than the faction choices in the beginning when you deploy your conyard.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:
anyways my primary issue im dealing with is getting the factions to work with zero problems. Here are some problems im trying to avoid:

1. Having only one faction chosen per match
2. When your faction upgrade structure (CYP) is destroyed can I rebuilt it without having the player choose another faction?
3. Having the faction only units not require the faction upgrade to be built (since this doesnt work)
4. Have the bots use the factions correctly
5. Avoid making placeholder structures that are for prerequisites and not for gameplay wasting the players time and build space

These are the issues I was trying to avoid and I want this to be FLAWLESS and unable to be exploited nomatter what the player did. I believe I found a solution to this, it took me a week of brainstorming tech tree's to make this fuction properly.

The player will see no problems and for them it will work perfectly as I planned but there is one downfall, I have to remove power turbines. They will be build with 3 turbines attached so no more upgrading. (i didnt like them anyways.)
In the end this is what I have to add to make this work:

6 Construction yards + 1 Construction yard Prime
7 MCV's
9 powerplants
6 barracks/hand of nod
6 warfactories
3 gdi helipads

Ill post a tech tree after I get it all functioning, but you wont know a difference when you play ingame other than the faction choices in the beginning when you deploy your conyard.

Interesting find, I'd be keen to see your coding.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, why not just use new sides to emulate the subfactions? Confused
Wouldn't that be an easier way instead of using the upgrades?
And SuperJoe also found a good way to make them use side-specific MCVs and conyards.
Take a look at this and this.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps because every new faction will use Nod sidebar/CABAL voice, and that's not preferred for GDI subfactions.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Honestly, why not just use new sides to emulate the subfactions?
Wouldn't that be an easier way instead of using the upgrades?
And SuperJoe also found a good way to make them use side-specific MCVs and conyards.
Take a look at this and this.

Yes ive seen these, the reason I didnt use these methods is to make sure the player doesnt have to sacrifice anything to have subfactions. I didnt want to say "Make sure you uncheck shortgame or the game won't work!"
...and maybe TS3 will be unique this way

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TP: Yeah, kinda forgot about that. Sorry. #Tongue
@Aydra: You know you could remove the option by editing language.dll right? Smile

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
@Aydra: You know you could remove the option by editing language.dll right?

I dont know how to edit .ddl's, im a programming noob Sad

Here is the tech tree for GDI, there is one problem with this but there is also a solution. Ill explain what it is later...

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't have to be a programmer, cause I ain't either. #Tongue
Just use Resource Hacker to edit the dialouges that TS uses.
I'm not good at explaining, so you'd better look at the tutorial section.
There's one about hex and dll editing.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Componant tower turrets are now seperate and are built with the componant tower attached.
- GDI powerplant is now built with all turbines, powerturbines are removed. Icon updated
- Nod powerplants visuals improved to give the stack some depth, Icons updated
- Ghost is now equipped with a shotgun, no longer long range weapon and stats adjusted to match new role.
- Mobile sensor array is now built as a structure but still functions the exact same.
- Bots now build mobile sensor array!
- Tech II structure reduced to $2000
- Tech III structure reduced to $3000
- Wolverine weapon sound changed to not be so annoying
- Medic's heal 200% more than normal
- Tech II,III icons changed to match faction Nod and GDI color scheme

- MCV is no longer buildable due to a tech tree faction problem (don't panic I have a solution)

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're photoshop skills are very good. I love the cameos. Very Happy

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
You're photoshop skills are very good. I love the cameos. Very Happy

Don't forget the Logos... Surprised

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you going to have more than one unique unit for each sub-faction? Because that would be neat.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was planning on 2 per faction either a unit/structure or anything of the sort

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure we have all played Grand Canyon since its the default map in TS skirmish, I liked the map but it was really dull and seriously lacking detail. So I did an overhaul and improved it's atmosphere and made it into a 6 player map.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks quite nice, certainly different, although I still see some undetailed areas. Also won't the Veinhole soon be a problem for the north-west player? Seems pretty close.

BTW regarding the subfactions and upgrades etc what happens when you capture a different subfactions War Factory and so on? Do you get their unique tech (in which case each WF should be differentiated visually) and can other subfactions units be built from there?

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only way I know to take the screenshot is the scout the whole map out then take a numerous screenshots and put them together. The veins grew a ton by the time I was done.

You can capture a faction warfactory and produce the faction specific units but most of them will also require the tech center to build, so you will need that too.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh well you could always add a map reveal trigger.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping with a reason. You can use this for the map preview. Definitely will save a lot of your time. And look on the second page.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey thanks, didnt know there was a program to do that. Now if someone can explain to me how to use it that would be great #Tongue

And for everyone else, ill be posting a large update soon on 1.3 and what it will include.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The download on the first page is the command line version. I have no idea how to use that. Laughing So, look on the second page. There's a download for the latest version with GUI. I think it's self explanatory enough. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon