Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Lifeforms
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject:  Tiberium Lifeforms Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juvenile Visceroid: First of the two phases in the Visceroid life cycle, this harmless form dwells in rich Tiberium fields. The Visceroids' origin and only means of reproduction are through an irregular mutation of a terrestrial animal. Visceroids vary in size and composition according to that of the mutated animal, but each share the same body structure: Visceroids are essentially a single, massive cell, conducting locomotion via pseudopod. Hence they can be referred to as giant amoeboids. Unlike the adult form, a juvenile Visceroid cannot use its pseudopod for attack nor defence.

Research shows that the juvenile Visceroids absorb Tiberium particles directly through the cell wall, acting as the creature's primary and only source of nutrition. The Visceroid's constant, wobbly motion serves to transport these nutrients inside the body and maintain homoeostasis. Like other Tiberium based life, it also possesses the fascinating ability of rapid cellular regeneration through Tiberium absorption and fixation into living tissue.

Adult Visceroid: Second of the two phases in the Visceroid life cycle, this form is dangerous to approach. Born of the fusion of two juvenile Visceroids, the adult form has twice the mass and twice the strength. It's aggressive by nature, and has the ability of using its pseudopod to attack and kill anything it deems a threat. The exact nature of its ability to perceive a threat remains a mystery, as these abominations are impossible to capture. They can simply slip through nets and cages with their irregular and constantly morphing body.

Research shows that the adult Visceroids absorb Tiberium particles directly through the cell wall, acting as the creature's primary source of nutrition. It has also been seen to cause terrestrial animals to mutate into juvenile Visceroids by attacking and enclosing them with its protoplasm. Like other Tiberium based life, the Visceroid also possesses the fascinating ability of rapid cellular regeneration through Tiberium absorption and fixation into living tissue.

Juvenile Floater: Nicknamed Jellyfishes due to their uncanny resemblance to the terrestrial invertebrate, these creatures levitate close to the ground like their namesake in shallow water. Not as dangerous as the adult form, juvenile Floaters nonetheless posses a great threat to anything organic and electric. Capable of generating a deadly electric field, they can shock-attack prey with their numerous tentacles. Fortunately, the juvenile Floaters are rather fragile, and only pose a real threat in numbers.

Floaters move like Jellyfishes, using jet propulsion to propel them in the air for short distances. This is thought to be the cause of the peculiar sounds these creatures are known for, resembling a singing whale. The exhaust gas seems to contain a high amount of Tiberium particles, therefore it is toxic to breathe. They seem to able to levitate while completely still, possibly due to the electromagnetic field they have the ability to generate. Whether Floaters are in fact mutated jellyfishes, and if they reproduce like their terrestrial counterparts, is unknown. The Floaters seem to thrive in Thorn-infested regions, so they may reproduce in these infested waters. Due to the infestation, research is extremely dangerous and rare.

Adult Floater: The mature Floater is a dangerous hunter. It can generate an electrical current of several amperes, enough to kill a man in an instant. These creatures employ electromagnetism in various ways, including the ability to levitate and to detect and track a potential prey while seemingly lacking other sensory organs. Their light and aerodynamic body allows them to briefly accelerate to speeds of over 60 mph, and there are cases where a group of Floaters raiding a civilian town have caught escaping civilian auto-mobiles.

Tiberian Fiend (Riparia/Vinifera/Cruentia/Arborea): Vicious predators known for secreting themselves within Tiberium fields, it's hypothesised that these carnivores are derived from one of the following terrestrial taxonomic families: Canidae, Equida but most likely Suidae. Fiends are large quadrupeds with oily dark skin and a pair of large goring tusks but their most defining feature is a thick Tiberium growth that has erupted from their hide. This growth allows them to blend in with their surroundings, where they will patiently await their prey (usually Striders/Spring Worms). Once their quarry enters range the Tiberian Feind will proceed to attack by rapidly flinging these shards at the target.

Tiberian Fiends are fiercely territorial having been known to attack patrols, harvesting operations and even small outposts. However they posses a level of cunning and intellect that is amenable to a certain degree of domestication, but this is a task that only the Forsaken have managed to achieve.

Fiends come in four variations, each one correlating with the known strains of Tiberium. It is currently unclear as to how Fiends take on these characteristics, some speculate that they may have a symbiotic relationship with their host field, allowing it to take root on their hides supplanting their previous growth. Another hypothesis is that it is a natural part of their life cycle, that the Tiberium maturates depending on time and how well the predator has done. As such seeing these variations could be a sign of a successful elder.

Sabreworm: Swift and deadly, these large worm-like creatures are able to track even the slightest vibration in the soil. Sabreworms attack by bursting out of the ground while using their blade like appendages to slice their unsuspecting prey to shreds. They then drag the mutilated corpse back into the tunnel rupture to be consumed.

Caution, these creatures do not burrow deep enough for our sensor arrays to detect their movements. However, they have been known to burrow deeper while pursuing prey over long distances, only then do sensors detect them.

Wyvern: Named after the two-footed dragon of European mythology, these flying nightmares presumably evolved from the order Chiroptera. As with many species of Bat they hunt primarily during the night and sleep during the day, preferring to rest within secluded dark hideaways such as caves or crevasses. When attacking they will swoop down and either scoop their prey up into their mouth or lash out using their rending claws. It is commonly said no man has survived to tell the tale of a Wyvern attack.

Whaloon: Typically harmless, Whaloons are so named because of their huge size and delicate, buoyant bodies. They levitate by filling the specialized bladders in their abdomen with toxic but lighter-than-air gas. To propel themselves, they have a pair of fin-like structures on the sides of their bodies, which move in a wave-like pattern.

A Whaloon is only to be feared when threatened, as it will charge the trespasser and emit a plume of toxic gas. This behaviour is often seen when an individual Whaloon is driving away other Whaloons from its territory. Despite their size, Whaloons have a dangerously delicate body. If punctured, an unknown reaction with the air causes them to erupt violently, releasing the toxic gas within.

Strider: Commonly known as the Strider, this friendly two-legged creature is a harmless lifeform commonly seen in largely mutated and Tiberium infested regions. Whilst up close it definitely has a frightening appearance and is around the same size as an average human male, it is a class case of "it's more scared of you than you are of it", it will flee if approached and panic if attacked.

Spring Worm: Known by many names such as the Tiberian Slinky, Strider and the Tumbler. All of it's names were based on the creatures unusual movement, believed to be an advanced mutation of common earthworms (though this isn't known for sure), the Spring-Worm critter is a herbivore and will cause no intentional harm to any living creature.

Tiberian Tick: These lifeforms are large insect-like creatures that move around in a similar jumping manner to the common flea. While these are in fact friendly lifeforms, they are known to explode violently if threatened as a form of (destructive) self-defence expelling harmful toxic gas at the same time. Approach at your own risk, ladies and gentlemen, for even harmless creatures can have a nasty side!

Mantis: Mantises, known commonly as "Bugs" because of their insectoid appearance, are a Tiberian species of unknown origin. These creatures are weak predators and pose little threat on their own, which is why they attack in groups. Mantises have even been reported roaming in swarms of thousands.

Despite the image of a large yet primitive insect, Mantises are extremely intelligent and social beings. They live in underground hives with indeterminable number of individuals. There are reports of Mantises gathering remains of human settlement and using them for their own needs, and even reports of a behaviour of what seems like "mourning" over a deceased fellow Mantis. Perhaps not all Tiberian life is not so alien after all...

Scarab: Another insectoid species, the Scarab is a gigantic, beetle-like creature with the witnessed ability to set cities ablaze with a monstrous, fiery breath. Their hard shell is nearly impervious to even the strongest anti-tank rounds. These hulking beasts are not to be reckoned with.

Tiberian Raptor: Extremely dangerous mutations with an unexplainable resemblance to the extinct dinosaurs. Whether they evolved from lizards or some other animal, their arms have nonetheless reverted into a pair of extremely sharp blades, which they use to kill their prey in an instant. Like Tiberium Fiends, their backs are covered with Tiberium shards, although there are no reports of these serving any purpose other than camouflage.

Elder Tiberian Raptor: A matured version of the Raptor, the Elders are bigger, stronger and even more dangerous than their juvenile counterparts. Apparently, once mature, the Raptors are either exiled from the Riparian community, or they leave on their own accord to conquer a territory from a Tiberium Vinifera field. Once successful, they live the rest of their life on these precious fields, sending their offspring to grow on the more abundant Riparian fields. Otherwise, the Elder Raptors might be a threat to the younger ones, a behaviour which is not uncommon in terrestrial fauna.

The Thing: A legendary, aquatic monster claimed to have been seen by very few people. Only rumours exist about the creature, but several tales about monsters in large bodies of water surrounded by Tiberium have spread around the world. How this or these species have become cosmopolitan in such a short time remains shrouded in mystery.

Last edited by Aro on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 9 times in total

swirekster
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Thing-

I saw the movie! i can do spoilers! Very Happy

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like everything except for the Fire Bug. It looks out of place for some reason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, the Fire Bug image may be replaced at a later date as it's out of place issue has been mentioned before.

swirekster
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Fire Bug...
I don't like the head of it, it's too friendly-looking
it's like:

_\_______/
| ----------- \
0________o |
\_________/

i can do some fast sketches in my free time

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If there's ever a situation in the mod that involves lots of Bugs and Fire Bugs, I'm gonna spam Marines/Militants like an idiot without mech support #Tongue

About the Whaloon: ingame-wise, will it only attack other Whaloons and attack you if threatened?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whaloons attack anything that gets up close to them.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But all they really want, is a hug.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What bugs me more is that Tiberium Raptors are pictured as scary, but that they take ages to destroy even one of my structures.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture wrote:
What bugs me more is that Tiberium Raptors are pictured as scary, but that they take ages to destroy even one of my structures.

It's scratching down a concrete structure with claws. Surely that would take some time.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture wrote:

Not anymore.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Descriptions updated.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see. Looks great Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Giant bugs and dinosaurs? Hey! Hey! Can we have Godzilla and Mothra too?

Are we really in a badly thought out B movie?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. Clearly.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone except me own a copy of "After Man", or "The New Dinosaurs", btw?

I might post a few scans, much more inspirational than hurr durr tiberisaurs.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you could ask that on some hurr durr After Man or hurr durr New Dinosaurs hurr durr forums. Razz

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mantis and scarab seem a little out of place as "Tiberium" mutations. They need something like small tiberium shards, tiberium-coated claws, tiberium clouds being expelled, or tiberium-fire breath (for the scarab). Otherwise, they seem like the creations of some cliche mad scientist...

The Tiberium raptors look awesome and terrifying btw...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Insomniac wrote:
Otherwise, they seem like the creations of some cliche mad scientist...

I am a mad scientist, but not a cliché. #Mad

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
Otherwise, they seem like the creations of some cliche mad scientist...

I am a mad scientist, but not a cliché. #Mad

I never said you were a cliché, but I will say that I am most definitely a mad scientist, scratch the scientist part because science involves work I am too lazy to do...

In all seriousness, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I think you get the gist of what I was trying to say...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's not offended. #Tongue

Plus, it's really hard to take LKO serious with his current avatar. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
scarab seem a little out of place

Quote:
scarab seems a

Quote:
scarab

The Scarab is using a placeholder image, as already stated.

Quote:
Plus, it's really hard to take LKO serious with his current avatar.

LKO's avatar is awesome and deadly serious. #Tongue

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Quote:
Plus, it's really hard to take LKO serious with his current avatar.

LKO's avatar is awesome and deadly serious. #Tongue

I can't take much of anything seriously right now, probably because I've been spending my time killing demons from hell with a wizard wearing all pink armor shooting a pink disintegration beam of pure death...

Back on topic: the mantis also seems a little out of place. It seems like it should have tiberium claws at the very least...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are a carbon based life form, but i doubt there are any coal briquettes growing out of your skin.

Public SHPs

Tools

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...what?

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Insomniac wrote:
...what?

He's saying that the idea that Tiberium-based lifeforms should have Tiberium growing out of them is like saying that humans, carbon-based lifeforms, should have pure carbon (such as charcoal or diamond) growing out of them.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those Mantises reminded me immediately of the Bugs in Starship Troopers... or on a more recent thing... the Spider Ants from Borderlands.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They ARE the bugs in Starship Trooper. #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, they were made for a small Starship Troopers project which i had planned long ago, but then didn't continued.

Due to the general lack of public SHPs, especially mutants, i gave them TI to at least have a bit more variety in these.

Public SHPs

Tools

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who said anything about me being a carbon-based lifeform?

Anyways, what could be interesting is if the current scarab model was used for a weak but decently armored bug that, when killed, would explode, sending tiberium crystals, shards, and gas everywhere...

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Insomniac wrote:
Who said anything about me being a carbon-based lifeform?
We've been operating under the assumption that you are some sort of living being that originated on Earth, as all known lifeforms on Earth are carbon-based.

Consider this excerpt (Source):
Quote:
Carbon is the key elemental building block for all known terrestrial life. It's commonly assumed in astrobiology that it will also provide the basis for most life elsewhere in the universe. The reason for this is not only carbon's ability to form a vast range of large, complicated molecules with itself and other elements, especially hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen, but also its unique facility for maintaining the right balance of stability and flexibility in molecular transformations that underlie the dynamic complexity of life. In aqueous systems at temperatures common on Earth, carbon is so superior to any other atom as a polymeric unit, that it has come to be the basis for the structure of biomolecules essential for all basic metabolic processes.

Insomniac wrote:
Anyways, what could be interesting is if the current scarab model was used for a weak but decently armored bug that, when killed, would explode, sending tiberium crystals, shards, and gas everywhere...
I think that they are probably planning on replacing the model with something less likely to violate copyright.

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, whatever happens happens I guess...

And if I were to tell you what I really am, then I'll have to kill you Laughing

OpFor_One
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.... the "Thing" MIGHT exist in bodies of water surrounded by tiberium?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, and simply creepy locations. Wink
Quadhelix wrote:
I think that they are probably planning on replacing the model with something less likely to violate copyright.

I have them done from scratch, thus there is no copyright broken. The design is also no 1:1 copy but changed with my own design decisions. You won't find anywhere the exact same model/design again. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

OpFor_One
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you give me a clue? What size (how many players) map is it on?

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

swamp.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OpFor_One wrote:
Could you give me a clue? What size (how many players) map is it on?

Eh, the picture should be clear enough.

Henskelion
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally I think there need to be less mammalian or reptilian mutations and more deep-sea monster looking mutants. Given how strange and alien Tiberium really is, more of the monsters should reflect that.

[/img]

ZoidZilla
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the Whalloon, I had quite a big WTF moment as I saw one for the first time in game, especially as said Whalloon was suddenly clubbed to death by an meteor shower. ^^

The "Tyrant" blends well with the TI terrain I must say. But it really does not feel like an animal. I would rather like to see it as some sort of unplayable patrol unit. It could be used as an obstacle for players in commando/sneaky missions against Nod.

The Raptores look great, but when I first met them in game, they pulled me somehow out of the experience. I was scouting the area, looking at the beautiful flora and enjoying the atmosphere and then BAM! Dinosaurs! and I was like, Dinosaurs? That's unexpected...
I think they don't fit to the otherwise more serious tone of TI. Of course its just my opinion.

I am really curios about "The Thing".  #Two-Sides

TigerACE09
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw the "Thing"
It scared me when I first saw it.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're not alone. #Tongue

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That The Thing always makes me wonder how the thing would look like. I'm always imaging myself accompanied by my two beloved GDI soldiers investigating about this the thing. By the way on what missions or maps can we find this invisible monster? Oh and this "The Thing" has also led me to curiosity on how this creature would look like. Since the creature itself is an invisible SHP, I would definitely imagine that the thing's closest form is similar to that of algae I saw in Nod Mission 2 (Burn Baby Burn)

jcscarlett10
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The life forms make it!! EA's removal of tib life and walls ruined C&C for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon