Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mental Omega 3.0 - July 2012 update!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject:  Mental Omega 3.0 - July 2012 update! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their support. We have recently hit 1000 fans on our Facebook page. It's great to know that so many people are interested in this small project of ours.

I tried to keep a regular pace with these media updates but it seems that recently development of version 3.0 has it's ups and downs. Nevertheless, it's finally time for another media update in which we'll show you some of the remaining units in game and the final episode of Hero Spotlight. No big surprises here: Scorpion Cell and Pacific Front heroes. Were you able to predict what they'd do?

The Allied Infantry page has been updated with new intel on Tanya and the Pacific Front hero Norio. With this, all heroes for the 9 subfactions are revealed.

Tanya, Siegfried, Norio, Volkov, Chitzkoi, Morales, Yunru, Libra, Malver, Rahn

Another update on the website: Allied Units are finally up and boy, it's a big one. I'm actually wondering if any other page will top this one with the amount of content it has. Two units are not complete and will have their pictures uploaded later. There've been several other minor updates too, you can check them on the Changelog page.

So yeah, there are several units which haven't been shown before on that page before - fresh from Azri's war factory and no, we did not limit the update to Allied units only.

See the rest at our website.

In other news, as I've written on our Facebook page some time ago, we're happy to announce that Mental Omega 3.0 will use music by Black Ice 9 for the Epsilon side. That's right, each side in 3.0 will have its own music in game. You can preview one of Black Ice 9's tracks below, or just head to his website or Facebook profile for more.

As a bonus.. two installation pictures! Thanks to Banderi and SecondWtq we'll have several nice pictures for you to see and they will be included in our installer which will try to mimic the original Red Alert 2 at least a bit.

That's all for today, stay tuned!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My day keeps getting better and better.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love how true to the originals the loading screens are.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I love how true to the originals the loading screens are.

And they even have a better quality than the originals... Very Happy

Also... Still hoping Bass Tank is BWOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGG!!!

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
That's right, each side in 3.0 will have its own music in game.

How did you do this? I remember a thread about this but the guy said it was bugged or something. Is this applicable to subfactions?

Mighty awesome updates btw, though I'm still a bit stumped about Malver's ability.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Mighty awesome updates btw, though I'm still a bit stumped about Malver's ability.

Why's that?

Side specific soundtrack works just fine as long as you keep tracks in specific order.. GDI side tracks first, then Nod side then ThirdSide. After that, whatever you want.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er, you didn't fill me about subfaction specific soundtracks sorry.

About Malver, let me get this straight: he can decrease the enemy's stats (armor, firepower, speed, etc) via an aura, right?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, no, it's not applicable to countries, only sides.

Yes, that's what he does.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

Side specific soundtrack works just fine as long as you keep tracks in specific order.. GDI side tracks first, then Nod side then ThirdSide. After that, whatever you want.

It also works if there's non-side specific music in between the side specific ones, or at the beginning before anything else. Only the order between the side specific tracks themselves matters. And yeah, it only works for sides, not countries.

On topic: Cool stuff. I like what you did for the website page navigation. I had something like that in mind, but didn't think of using cameos.

Heroes are nice. Figured that PF would have a flying one #Tongue. I guess AI won't be relying too much on the heroes, if it even uses them at all. I doubt it'd be able to utilize some of those (Norio for an example, as it certainly requires micromanagement in order to not get pulverized by anti-air) very well, regardless of what kind of scripts one attempts to code in.

Last edited by Starkku on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
Speeder wrote:

It also works if there's non-side specific music in between the side specific ones, or at the beginning before anything else. Only the order between the side specific tracks themselves matters. And yeah, it only works for sides, not countries.

On topic: Cool stuff. I like what you did for the website page navigation. I had something like that in mind, but didn't think of using cameos.

Heroes are nice. Figured that PF would have a flying one #Tongue. I guess AI won't be relying too much on the heroes, if it even uses them at all. I doubt it'd be able to utilize some of those (Norio for an example, as it certainly requires micromanagement in order to not get pulverized by anti-air) very well, regardless of what kind of scripts one attempts to code in.

I'm guessing Norio would just be accompanied by other balloonhover units to serve as damage sponges for him.

Not sure how AI can utilize Malver properly though.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can go on a killing spree. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!