Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Planetary Annihilation
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject:  Planetary Annihilation
Subject description: Why blow up units when you can blow up planets?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The graphics remind me a bit of Worms. Which is a good thing....right? It sure looks like potential fun.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The graphics are all placeholders I guess. Since it's all just concept animation.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it could be cool.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOLY ztype, EVERYTHING I'VE EVER WANTED, ALL OF MY WHAT, ALL OSDGUIDFODFHNODFNJHIDFNVKL:VHISDNV BDTHDRGNGDBSDFGVBSDVSDGVBSB

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! This is something that has my interest. I hope it gets green lighted.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought that guy did the Total Annihilation voiceover. This is a good thing and I can happily say I've actually pledged towards this. I hope that graphics stay like that, they look pretty good already and they put me in mind of Monday Night Combat (which they actually made).

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They have Supreme Commander on the shelves of their studios. This can only end somewhat well.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

300,000 DOLLARS IN 2 DAYS! WOOT!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:

That's it. I'm gonna make a videogame on Kickstarter too. Who's with me? We gonna kickstart a real C&C game! Laughing

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
inzane krazy wrote:

That's it. I'm gonna make a videogame on Kickstarter too. Who's with me? We gonna kickstart a real C&C game! Laughing

If only! XD

But hey, with news of this new game, I completely stopped caring about that new C&C bullshit.

Here's an RTS where the devs know how it should be like, innovative and no bullshit.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
inzane krazy wrote:

if the game still base on oldschool gameplay and you give me work at part of building and unit design i will join with you. #Tongue

only i worry about indie RTS game is about Enemy AI and Path Fiding.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Total Annihilation taken up to eleven. WANT :V

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to admit, this looks pretty awesome for an indie game #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Advanced space warfare is a-go.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game is looking epic.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ALL STRETCHGOALS PLS KTHXBYE.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO, Naval units should be in, JUST because this is a TA/SC follow-up, so naval units are simply, a must have!

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I am impressed!

44,162 backers

$2,229,344 pledged of $900,000 goal

[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/160/193/af2e38a10495424006799f1423f743ce_large.png?1347632862[/img]

I would think the goal was made! I sure hope that proves to them that people really want a good RTS! Lets just hope they can pull it off.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I WANT NOWA... where to find. i'm seroiusly very interested
more games would be nice. not all this MMO stuff that i am no-fan of.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Galactic War?

Oh shit, does that mean you can "play" an entire TA campaign in one skirmish?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
Galactic War?

Oh shit, does that mean you can "play" an entire TA campaign in one skirmish?

Afaik it's more like the a campaign, with loads of skirmish maps in a single campaign.
Still, it's great to see they reached every goal. I backed it as well, and I hope to see this game soon #Tongue

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how will the galactic war work, I guess it will be like the "Global Conquest gamemode" of Kane's Wrath which was several skirmish games with turn based phases in between, or maybe like Universe at War, where the in between phases were in real time, and only stopped when combat started.
Honestly I would like a Sins of a Solar Empire approach where there's no in between phase, however I highly doubt something like that is going to happen given the scale, but then SoaSE did multiple solar system battles well.
At first sight, I would rather have a scripted campaign than a series of skirmish battles, though at the same time I love playing SoaSE and Civilization and both lack scripted campaigns.

Anyway, it’s nice to see this game is getting developed, with all stretch goals achieved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum