Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun 3 - Name Change
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun 3 - Name Change
Subject description: Progress and Changes
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a progress update on how Tiberian Sun 3 is coming along:

I've been wanting to fix the name of the mod for some time and have not found a suitable title that captures what my mod is and it's theme. I originally called it Tiberian Sun 2 but to my dismay found it taken (probably happen's all the time). So I made it Tiberian Sun 3 and moved on, Firestorm is 2.0 so in a sense my mod will be 3.0. This was fine for ahwhile but people kept asking me "What happened to 2?" There is no Tiberian Sun 2 so for me to call it 3 was silly, but after some brainstorming I've finally found the title / name of my mod:

So Hence forth It shall be called, C&C: The Second Tiberium War

Why did I choose this? Well the mod isnt a total conversion and my original intent was to improve upon Tiberian Sun not to change it to another game entirely. So "The Second Tiberium War" tells you the era/theme of the mod and still refers to Tiberium Sun. (and its not taken yay! Very Happy )

1.3 Progress:
At the moment 90% of the menu's have been changed to fit a 1024 resolution and re-organized to be more efficient.

Speed and balancing have greatly improved and I'd have to say GDI is 130% better than before and Nod 115%. Unit veteran ratio has been adjusted and a few balance changes will allow you to see fully veteran units more often and its alwasy fun having a fully veteran artillery with burst fire...

As for AI they are currently more difficult than in 1.2 but I am planning on rescripting AI.ini from scratch. Task forces will be specifically designed to kick your butt without changing the wave size from 5 titans to 50. They will be smart by attacking important resources such as power and tiberium with the units I made efficient for that. (You think stealth tanks were annoying before...)

And for mapping, i've only completed 2 new maps and have scrapped all original TS maps to keep the quality high. In total there is only 8 multiplayer maps and anyone can tell you, thats not enough. I want alot more so I'm making you all wait. Version 1.2 has been out for a long time and 1.3 will drastically improve upon on it, but it's going to take some time for me to do that.

I already have some good things planned for 1.4, and yes I do look that far ahead. I keep a few notebooks next to me and at anytime I get a idea, I jot it down.

Thanks for your support and your patience. Now back to modding...

Last edited by Aydra on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first, this mod was nothing to me, but now it's one of my favorites. Keep up the good work!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the few mods I'm looking forward to. Keep up the good work and I'm glad you finally found yourself a name.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent, but one thing really, really bugs me...

That bloody crappy TS font, does my head in!

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ya, hyper is right...also using 4 fonts as title/insignia on such a small pic is every typographs nightmare.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Excellent, but one thing really, really bugs me...

That bloody crappy TS font, does my head in!

Can you clarify why you don't like it since it's the standard ts font...

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, I prefer the old name, because this is a relatively small mod, an improvement mod, a new version of TS (TS 3.0), rather than a big mod that reimagines the whole second tiberium war with remakes of all missions and so on, like the new name suggests, at least to me.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:

Some guys hate the standard ts font but it does not mean other do too, Wink

Personally, I loved your new look and name for the mod, Its not just fine, It Rocks, keep up the wonderful work Aydra, looking forward for more from you

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually like the 3D chisel font.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice name, good luck. Tho not sure if that serif font was a wise choice, but I like the logo overall.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Logo is pretty nice and in general your graphics works are top notch. Name choice also works pretty well. Looking forward to this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stealth Killer wrote:
Aydra wrote:

Because its a seriously bad job at creating a typeface, there are inconsistency everywhere...

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
Stealth Killer wrote:
Aydra wrote:

Because its a seriously bad job at creating a typeface, there are inconsistency everywhere...

I personally insist to change the typeface (font) of the text (The Second) and (WAR), the Tiberium 3D text doesn't need to be changed, its just my opinion though.

Its been inconsistency everywhere at creating a Tiberian Sun typeface Hyper, I too tried to create one but it wasn't a better one.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stealth Killer wrote:
Aydra wrote:

Personally, I loved your new look and name for the mod, Its not just fine, It Rocks, keep up the wonderful work Aydra, looking forward for more from you

hey what about faction logo's

Last edited by Dubzac on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stealth Killer wrote:
Facion Logo's ............????? what are they ?????

Oh Sorry my bad sight, It was faction Logo's Laughing

Last edited by Stealth Killer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 am; edited 3 times in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, so from now on it shall be referred to as STW. The mod has grown into something a lot bigger than when it started so this suits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon