Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
Complex ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject:  Complex ideas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well here is a topic to discuss more of the problematic ideas and more complex ideas and more important ideas such as the conyard, ion storm and tiberium and water

Construction Yard.

the conyard will be slightly different, u will have a build area. anything outside the build area wont be constructed or just cant be placed. the build area can be enhanced. it can be made bigger to a large size. anything in the area can be placed anywhere in the area. if the area is upgraded to be bigger than the map size the size can be disabled by that map in the map.ini
to make another build area is simple. build another conyard

Known Bugs:

with more than 1 conyard. a conyard wont be able to build something inside another conyards area. it will have to be build by the other conyard

Ion Storms:

the ion storm will disable every electronic for a certain amount of time so the infantry have to battle it out. in some missisons u can capture power facilities to enable ur units

Droppods:

droppods will disconnect from destroyed planes for gdi if the plane reaches veteran. the droppod will crash to the ground with the pilot. droppods can be sent as reinforcements from the gdi communication center and also in singleplayer missions

Water and destroyable scenery:

Water will be made better in TT Evo. bridges will be destroyable killing anything that crosses it when it is destroyed. ice will work like bridges but will break when anything crosses it and will sink the unit crossing. there will be destroyable cliffs like in TS. breakable terrain which will break when sumthiing crosses it and the unit will fall through into a hole or sumthing. if possible TT Evo will make the terrain destroyable and if possible there will be alot more splashes

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the Idea of deformable terrain, but I think that we should make it very moderatly deformable. It was really annoying in TS how bad your base could be dismanteled if you ever forgot to put down concrete. That just got really annoying sometimes.

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the Idea of deformable terrain, but I think that we should make it very moderatly deformable. It was really annoying in TS how bad your base could be dismanteled if you ever forgot to put down concrete. That just got really annoying sometimes.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

double post, oh well happens sometimes

anywayz i dont know if it is possible to make deformable terrain but u can make craters like the ts ones. i really dont think it is possible to make deformable terrain. its really quite hard.

pavement will be easier to place than in TS

about the construction yard, the thing im worrying is about AI. to make AI place things within the area will be hard because if u place outside the bot wont build it and ai may build it outside the area. ill look at the AI ini again and see if u can make distance from command center and to make the AI deploy an mcv maybe hard.

this is the problem and i may have to scrap the idea because of AI. normally in generals the deploy function usually takes up the same space as the unit but the mcv will deploy into something bigger. AI may not be programmed to move units out the way for deploying

lrendall
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zdflamer2 wrote:
AI may not be programmed to move units out the way for deploying

Then we will just program it to move all units away as soon as the game starts then deploy after about 10 seconds.. should be enough time for all units to move.

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, if the AI wont cooperate, we can just make skirmish maps where you already have the MCV deployed. the AI in CNC games usually wont make an second Con. Yard anyways.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah they wont, good idea, deployed conyard, but the building part is hard

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that is slightly more dificult.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anywayz, i got another useful idea for the deploy function

a gdi bridgedeployer (it wont be called that), a tank which has a bridge on the top, the bridge opens up and units can cross small rivers, the unit will be amphibious and will go to the center of a river, deploy, and it can be used as a bridge, mkIIIs cant cross the bridge,

it will have a secret use, when the bridgedeployer is deployed and it a unit crosses to the center, and the bridgedeployer is undeployed it can be used as an amphibious carrier and will give the unit in the middle a piggy back ride

* theres an attatched very rough image of the bridge deployer, it wont look like this ingame, but it will show u what i mean by the secret

examplebd.jpg
 Description:
Very rough image of the bridgedeployer
 Filesize:  14.29 KB
 Viewed:  7390 Time(s)

examplebd.jpg

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats a good idea. Do you know if it is possible to make a unit that does that in game? I think so, but I dont know how.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the bridge would be bigger than the unit which may be a problem.

i know how to make units lay an object when they deploy or unpack or play a special animation or capture something or plant a bomb but i dont know how to make the unit disappear or self destruct so if for example a mcv deploys into a conyard it will deploy into a conyard and play the deploy animation but the mcv will still be there. we need to make the mcv dissapear see what i mean

a way to remove the mcv is to make it create 2 objects when deploying.

one object is the removal weapon which will be an invisible weapon which will self destruct the mcv and will the mcv will use a no effect death when the mcv is attacked by that certain self destruct weapon

hmm im not sure if it will say unit lost when it dies because suicide bombers self destruct it doesnt say unit lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon