Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
Another go at making buildings
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [228 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject:  Another go at making buildings
Subject description: Allied Buildings
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This time I didnt make them from scratch, i edited General's buildings
I will release them once they are finished.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Aidhus
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are great! I can use this as placeholders

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Goddamn, I LIKE IT.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just don't understand why you'd have jagged edges when you've no poly limit. I guess they're just leftover from Generals.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're assets from the old U.S. faction in Generals. Their old WF and Battle Lab at the very least... I like, not bad!

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everyone!
OmegaBolt wrote:
I just don't understand why you'd have jagged edges when you've no poly limit. I guess they're just leftover from Generals.

Generals has low Poly stuff

Volgin wrote:
They're assets from the old U.S. faction in Generals. Their old WF and Battle Lab at the very least... I like, not bad!

i made these buildings by editing the released Generals buildings. i didnt know about the old/hidden assets
and the Battle Lab is named Secret Lab in the game files.

also, weather control device. ignore the balls' texture.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not gonna lie. Those look really, really nice.

Steam

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks FurryQueen

some more progress.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some more stuff, Chrono Sphere and Ore Purifier. and i changed the Refinery.

Aidhus
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good so far, will this include animations, models and textures once released?

Nuke Atty
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty nice, really nice for Generals style mod~

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this set is now complete!

all that is needed now is the animations

also a revamped version of the warfactory

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/me likes

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks really nice, except I think that HUGE cannon is a bit to HUGE.

and is that the base texture I posted that I see there. Razz

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks forward to animations :p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work Imp love it Smile

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alot guys! Smile

Cranium wrote:
looks really nice, except I think that HUGE cannon is a bit to HUGE.

its the Grand Cannon so it is supposed to be HUGE.

Cranium wrote:
and is that the base texture I posted that I see there. Razz

no i got it from Google. Though i did get the idea after i saw your base texture Very Happy

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They kinda need more polys to make them work in the 2D environment. Otherwise, nice.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this Secret Lab. Is it 3x3 foundation?

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yup, its 3x3

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buildups, active anims and ingames

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Increase polys on some chimneys and ventilation fans.
Reduce the amount of ventilation fans on the refinery.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The power plant is awesome. Other stuff just needs more design.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will there be buildups for ALL buildings and will there be new Allied MCV which will deploy into new Con-Yard?

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is awesome. There are so many really great buildings around which are just posted for showing off and never made available to the public. These are really excellent. They look really dark, imposing and "harsh", I'm going to use them for my Nazi side - especially with that eagle emblem, which I know is meant to be allied, but looks very much like the Third Reich CoA.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there will be no mcv but there will be buildups for every building.
conyard buildup:

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I could probably use them for my Federation faction when I inevitably start back with YR modding.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
conyard buildup:

Is there no MCV into ConYard animation?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
ImP_RuLz wrote:
conyard buildup:

Is there no MCV into ConYard animation?

Not that we know of. Using the default MCV should be fine though, it just changes the Buildup.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There isn't to let the user have a freedom of designing the MCV. Orig Allied one wouldn't fit to this afterall. #Tongue

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well as Graion said, vanilla mcv isnt fit for this, also, as you can see the vanilla mcv doesnt actually deploys into the ConYard. it just sinks into the ground.

so with a little editing, people can add there own MCVs into the buildup animation

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some more random progress

also i tried making the soviet concept warfactory

finally, thanks to Graion for the idea, a twisted mobile warfactory based on Westwood's concept

Very Happy

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that's nice.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, although obviously the door needs to be much bigger. I would try getting rid of the base rectangle too, just have a nice ridge around the edge of the building to define it better.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks vefbl4
and Bolt, that rectangular plane was just for guidance so i dont exceed the standard 3x5 foundation of a warfactory.
and i think its finished now, only needs a good texture and walking animations.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me and my big mouth. Very Happy

=======================

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So is this going to be a voxel, or SHP walking around the map?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that walking war factory is unbelivibly cool, i always loved things based on concept art, if that gets released it must be an instant spotlight

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rotating WF looks like a puddle jumper. Smile

RP wrote:

surely an SHP. A voxel can never look good enough, to match the SHP. You would instantly notice where the game switches from the SHP undeploy anim to the VXL unit.

Anyway. Really nice concept, model and animation Imp.
I would suggest adding something to the bottom of the warfactory, which is buried in the ground when deployed and gives additional stability while moving. e.g. the bib in front of the door is extremely thin.
However you could also remove the bib while mobile. Just let it slide into the WF during the undeploy anim.

Then there is also the really annoying issue, that you can have only one Buildup animation. So when you first build the building via the conyard, you would see the mobile-to-building deploy anim and no real buildup.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:

an shp, cuz, i want to give it a firing animation. Though it will look stupid on slopes
dodgevipergts wrote:
that walking war factory is unbelivibly cool, i always loved things based on concept art, if that gets released it must be an instant spotlight

Thanks! Smile
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The rotating WF looks like a puddle jumper. Smile

coincidence Very Happy
cuz this is the first time i saw/heard puddle jumper
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I would suggest adding something to the bottom of the warfactory, which is buried in the ground when deployed and gives additional stability while moving. e.g. the bib in front of the door is extremely thin.
However you could also remove the bib while mobile. Just let it slide into the WF during the undeploy anim.

Then there is also the really annoying issue, that you can have only one Buildup animation. So when you first build the building via the conyard, you would see the mobile-to-building deploy anim and no real buildup.

Well as i said, the rectangular plane was just for referance, it wont be present in the final unit/building. Also i have made a solid "slab" of some sorts right underneath the factory as you can see in the image

also the walking animation and a test version of the firing animation

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
Well as i said, the rectangular plane was just for referance, it wont be present in the final unit/building. Also i have made a solid "slab" of some sorts right underneath the factory as you can see in the image

No, i meant the tiny plane/bib right in front of the "teeth-door" which only goes to the front of the main building. (The bib which is covered by the angular door that comes down during the deployanim)
But now with the darker bottom this should work fine, as the plane isn't that thin anymore.

Concerning the walkanim, you have to remove any movement of the main building. Else the turret looks bad, as this stays in a fixed position.
Or make the body wobble only very subtle by only 1 pixel, so you don't notice that much that the turret is fixed while the body wobbles during the walkanim.

Public SHPs

Tools

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Concerning the walkanim, you have to remove any movement of the main building. Else the turret looks bad, as this stays in a fixed position.
Or make the body wobble only very subtle by only 1 pixel, so you don't notice that much that the turret is fixed while the body wobbles during the walkanim.

Thanks man, i had totally forgotten about that problem
stupid YR engine #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does YR allow visual displacement of an SHP turret via TurretOffset?
At least in TS having an SHP turret out of center is not possible, so you might have to move the turret into the center of the building.

It might be worth a try making the turret as a VXL while keeping the body as an SHP, so you can move the turret to the rear.

Or remove the turret and replace it with an omni-directional weapon system like a tesla coil or missile battery with tubes in all directions (or some small hatches which open for some small missile silos that fire vertical launching missiles).
Then you can keep the weaponsystem in the rear and have a wobble anim for the chassis.

Public SHPs

Tools

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'll go with the VXL turret, that way i can use ChargeTurret logic

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should give that a test first. In TS you can only have a SHP unit with a voxel barrel. The turret is hardcoded to be an SHP using the 32 frames after the walkanim.
I'm not sure if it works in RA2 the same and if it works at all. (I don't remember having seen any SHP unit with VXL turret before in RA2)

Public SHPs

Tools

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well there is the Grand Cannon Building with Shp Base and VXL turret and barrel
but i dont know if its the same with units
i will have to test it

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Units are entirely different.

Public SHPs

Tools

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would prefer SHP everything anyway, seems odd having a voxel turret. Also surely they would be AA guns instead of weird tesla weapons? Atleast that's what I imagined they were. Razz

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Would prefer SHP everything anyway, seems odd having a voxel turret. Also surely they would be AA guns instead of weird tesla weapons? Atleast that's what I imagined they were. Razz
i thought they were normal cannon, i'm sure it will be easy to remove the tesla animation any if you don't like it

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Units are entirely different.

you're right. It cant have a voxel turret -_-

so now i need to make it a tesla coil like weapon

also, i tested it without the voxel turret

the pink on the "nose" will be fixed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [228 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon